Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Rash's Avatar ♣ ¶ §¡mplÿ The ßesT ♣

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe this can be used as an example as I don't see any reason why this thread was closed. I mean it's in the *rage and ego section* and there wasn't any rules been broken. Maybe I'm missing something ?

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...killed-unlegit

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Rash for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-28-2014), Underground (05-28-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Rash View Post
    Maybe this can be used as an example as I don't see any reason why this thread was closed. I mean it's in the *rage and ego section* and there wasn't any rules been broken. Maybe I'm missing something ?

basically this ^ ^

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Rash View Post

Many users have had an issue with mike being banned, and as such, caused a lot of uneeded drama on the forum. All posts were removed, and some users were banned.

Although this thread is just poking fun, allowing it to run rampent while users who shared an opposing view are banned doesnt seem fair to me. Sure, they chose to break the rules thus getting banned, but they initially broke the rules because they thought they were doing the right thing for their friend.

Call it sympathy or some weird sense of rightousness, but i see no reason to poke at a guy who cant even defend his pride or dignity.

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    Many users have had an issue with mike being banned, and as such, caused a lot of uneeded drama on the forum. All posts were removed, and some users were banned.

Although this thread is just poking fun, allowing it to run rampent while users who shared an opposing view are banned doesnt seem fair to me. Sure, they chose to break the rules thus getting banned, but they initially broke the rules because they thought they were doing the right thing for their friend.

Call it sympathy or some weird sense of rightousness, but i see no reason to poke at a guy who cant even defend his pride or dignity.
    So why do we have the rage and ego section?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    So why do we have the rage and ego section?
    I have no idea.

Thanks
    I have no idea.
    But there is one, it can be used and no rules were broken. It is a perfect example of things being controlled too much, and sympathy is just a sad argument.

8. The following user said thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-28-2014)

Thanks
    But there is one, it can be used and no rules were broken. It is a perfect example of things being controlled too much, and sympathy is just a sad argument.
    Which is exactly why im glad you arent an fmod.

If the user wants to be placed on the do not talk about list, he has no way of notifying me. This is a good enough reason for me to keep that thread closed. If the user was not banned, or did not presently have a forum account it would be reopened.

Thanks
    Which is exactly why im glad you arent an fmod.

If the user wants to be placed on the do not talk about list, he has no way of notifying me. This is a good enough reason for me to keep that thread closed.
    You can't speak for that guy, and besides he bashed on plenty of people so he has a thick enough skin to let this happen. And it's not just this thread, it's not a secret they are often being closed way too fast. All these threads, complaints and arguments about threads being locked too fast, and it still keeps on happening. Instead of going on the full defense and taking it personal on me, you could stop being so ignorant, open your eyes and start reading what people are saying. I don't think the fmod job description includes "Lock everything that might get out of control", your job is to keep it under control and not preventing people from talking. Fmods should guide the threads and warn or punish those who cross the line, not just keep locking everything.

But I guess there wouldn't be any arguing with you from my side, somehow you're still not over yourself and you keep making things personal.

11. The following user said thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-28-2014)

Thanks
    You can't speak for that guy, and besides he bashed on plenty of people so he has a thick enough skin to let this happen. And it's not just this thread, it's not a secret they are often being closed way too fast. All these threads, complaints and arguments about threads being locked too fast, and it still keeps on happening. Instead of going on the full defense and taking it personal on me, you could stop being so ignorant, open your eyes and start reading what people are saying. I don't think the fmod job description includes "Lock everything that might get out of control", your job is to keep it under control and not preventing people from talking. Fmods should guide the threads and warn or punish those who cross the line, not just keep locking everything.

But I guess there wouldn't be any arguing with you from my side, somehow you're still not over yourself and you keep making things personal.
    How is this at all personal? This is the debate thread, and you keep bringing up valid points, and as such I am answering them.

We allow users the ability to use the Rage/ Ego as a way to play around, but that does not mean users have to be forced into being troll'd and made fun of at the expense of other peoples happiness. This is why we make a way out, which is in *this* thread. This allows users who do not (or cannot) wish to defend themselves from frivolous pokes to just not partake in the section. Now, in the act of keeping the section lighthearted, that means we must treat all players equal, and as such, those that cannot poke back (e.g. banned users) should be automatically exempt from the section. They can't say they don't want to defend themselves, they can't defend themselves, and as such instead of the section being a "hahah i called you a nub" section, it becomes a "pick on the guy who got banned for uc because he can't say anything" section.

As for my comment about you not being a forum mod, I will agree without context it was a little out of line. What I was meaning is without any sense of sympathy we cannot do our job correctly; the world isn't black and white, and we can't make our judgement on black and white rules. At times you have to go with your gut feeling.

Note*: The point you made about him having a thick skin is irrelevant, just because he is Mike does not mean he shouldn't get the same treatment I would give to anyone else in a similar situation.

Note**: The amount of lock'd threads has went down significantly since this thread was started, I would say that it was successful. To keep bringing up our past actions is silly, we are moderating in a way the community wishes us to, this thread was simply an exception, and as I have pointed out, had a reason to be closed.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 05-28-2014 at 11:51 AM.

13. The following user said thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-28-2014)

Thanks
    How is this at all personal? This is the debate thread, and you keep bringing up valid points, and as such I am answering them.

We allow users the ability to use the Rage/ Ego as a way to play around, but that does not mean users have to be forced into being troll'd and made fun of at the expense of other peoples happiness. This is why we make a way out, which is in *this* thread. This allows users who do not (or cannot) wish to defend themselves from frivolous pokes to just not partake in the section. Now, in the act of keeping the section lighthearted, that means we must treat all players equal, and as such, those that cannot poke back (e.g. banned users) should be automatically exempt from the section. They can't say they don't want to defend themselves, they can't defend themselves, and as such instead of the section being a "hahah i called you a nub" section, it becomes a "pick on the guy who got banned for uc because he can't say anything" section.

As for my comment about you not being a forum mod, I will agree without context it was a little out of line. What I was meaning is without any sense of sympathy we cannot do our job correctly; the world isn't black and white, and we can't make our judgement on black and white rules. At times you have to go with your gut feeling.
    Fair enough. I will agree to disagree, I personally wouldn't have locked that thread. The list is there for a reason, has been there since the beginning of that forum section and since that specific user has been on this forum. If he wouldn't like to poked at like that he could've gotten himself in that list. There are 2 sides to this argument, both not wrong or right.

But if you look at the thread, the way it's locked, all it says is "Closed". If only there would be given that statement you gave above, then that specific thread wouldn't have been brought into this discussion in the first place. And to add a little more to that subject, if you would take that situation and translate it to something in real life, where we have citizens and law enforcers. If the law enforcers stops a citizen from doing something, without giving reason, what would we call that? I would call that dictating, not democracy. Even if that law enforcer has a good reason to prevent the citizen from doing what it was doing, without giving the reason why that citizen should stop and just using his position to make it stop, thats pure dictatorship.

I don't think we wan't a pure democracy nor a dictatorship on this forum, some balance in between. And to reach everyones maximum satisfaction, listening to the community is actually a very important thing. So please, think back at all the threads that have been made, from back when this forum was just created to this very discussion, chatbox and skype discussions with all sorts of people, and do something with it. Don't go on the full defense in these debates, come to an agreement and don't let it get so out of hand like it is now.

15. The following 2 users say thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-28-2014), Rash (05-28-2014)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information