Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thanks
    OT: Dagger, I see you using the word Meta too much in all your posts

Although I kinda agree, Fgunz is a different game.
    The gameplay has drastically changed, but that happened long before fgunz.
    During ijji, if you wish to call it a "generation" a sudden twist occured to me where players wouldn't use swordplay anymore, and basically just out aim/shoot the opponents.
    It went from a fully balanced sword/gun game ( lead, higher delay non-op weapons ) to a more gun sort of gameplay.
    Fgunz has pushed it towards this direction even more with anti-lead, low delay shotguns, IA and R.

I long for the old days, where crowd control, sword play, and many other strategies were viable options...
    You can still use them now, but none can deny the incredible disadvantage you start off with, and it would simply be a very unwise choice.

I quite liked it when it was about the combinations of keys, strategy and outthinking your opponent. The tough learning curve, yet so satisfying. Now it's all about who's got the steadiest right hand.

-From the days before DBF even existed, where it was all about having the quickest bf. Crowd controlling up to 8 players and when the sword was as feared as the barrel.

Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    The less you move and the less interuptions you have between gun switches (like no dashes, slashes, etc) the more shots you can dish out over time = more damage
    Exactly the way to describe todays gameplay. It's all about shooting the 3 required shots to kill before your opponent does.
    I fancied a more dancing kind of gameplay.
    Last edited by o0Flame0o; 05-09-2014 at 02:36 AM.

2. The following user said thank you to o0Flame0o for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-09-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Serpento View Post
    Im just saying its been done before. Besides the mentality of this game is far fetched from just playing the game and saying "good game". Now its just about winning and learning new ways to exploit it.
    I know slowly and slowly its becoming more like u said over the years and I believe I know the root causes, but anyway so what if ppl tried bringing up the game before? (srs question). I know its like ppl tried before and its just.. never got anywhere. Lots of people just say and talk random rubbish, but I see conflict where it is and believe we can always thrive forward....

Originally Posted by o0Flame0o View Post
    OT: Dagger, I see you using the word Meta too much in all your posts

Although I kinda agree, Fgunz is a different game.
    The gameplay has drastically changed, but that happened long before fgunz.
    During ijji, if you wish to call it a "generation" a sudden twist occured to me where players wouldn't use swordplay anymore, and basically just out aim/shoot the opponents.
    It went from a fully balanced sword/gun game ( lead, higher delay non-op weapons ) to a more gun sort of gameplay.
    Fgunz has pushed it towards this direction even more with anti-lead, low delay shotguns, IA and R.

I long for the old days, where crowd control, sword play, and many other strategies were viable options...
    You can still use them now, but none can deny the incredible disadvantage you start off with, and it would simply be a very unwise choice.

I quite liked it when it was about the combinations of keys, strategy and outthinking your opponent. The tough learning curve, yet so satisfying. Now it's all about who's got the steadiest right hand.

-From the days before DBF even existed, where it was all about having the quickest bf. Crowd controlling up to 8 players and when the sword was as feared as the barrel.

Exactly the way to describe todays gameplay. It's all about shooting the 3 required shots to kill before your opponent does.
    I fancied a more dancing kind of gameplay.
    A game with not just a lot of variety in it's gameplay, but a game that can have a lot of variety which leaves space for players to find future new tactics and combos etc to be used and viable against previously meta (ik lol) strategies, is a good game. A game without the need to update/balance out things and leave it up to the community to balance out the game with new findings. But when there is a thorn, a big ass thorn in the game's back, blocking the players up front, slowing down game progression, variety, new findings- the game will slowly get stale for the players and they will slowly be converted to what I call "insta ups". Where you can only really have a boost of fun from something that insta gives it to you like a new update, a patch, an in game event and yes, also room tags. A game will constantly change if there is room for it to change and players will always see different tactics/styles from players- being valid, and having fun fighting against different things constantly.

Although it can happen here, yet rarely, and at a very slow rate are new kstyle moves and tactics found here- wait they aren't- but if you have a game mode that conflicts with another gamemode and limits it from expanding, the players will get bored of it over time and result to other things, room tag versions of it, etc. If there is a group of items unbalancing and limiting variety in a game mode, that gamemode will get stale and slowly die out, this applies to clanwar, everything. It has been happening long before like you said, however, it seems like the more and more updates come on this server, the more they conflict with the growth of other content in this game- Until someone complains about it.. I just wish content was actually legitly tested and barely conflicts with other things, and don't rely on the community's responses so heavily and know for ur selves.... (the devs). Well, we'll see.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 05-09-2014 at 03:00 AM.

4. The following user said thank you to DDaggerDD for this useful post:

o0Flame0o (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    A game with not just a lot of variety in it's gameplay, but a game that can have a lot of variety which leaves space for players to find future new tactics and combos etc to be used and viable against previously meta (ik lol) strategies, is a good game. A game without the need to update/balance out things and leave it up to the community to balance out the game with new findings. But when there is a thorn, a big ass thorn in the game's back, blocking the players up front, slowing down game progression, variety, new findings- the game will slowly get stale for the players and they will slowly be converted to what I call "insta ups". Where you can only really have a boost of fun from something that insta gives it to you like a new update, a patch, an in game event and yes, also room tags. A game will constantly change if there is room for it to change and players will always see different tactics/styles from players- being valid, and having fun fighting against different things constantly.

Although it can happen here, yet rarely, and at a very slow rate are new kstyle moves and tactics found here- wait they aren't- but if you have a game mode that conflicts with another gamemode and limits it from expanding, the players will get bored of it over time and result to other things, room tag versions of it, etc. If there is a group of items unbalancing and limiting variety in a game mode, that gamemode will get stale and slowly die out, this applies to clanwar, everything. It has been happening long before like you said, however, it seems like the more and more updates come on this server, the more they conflict with the growth of other content in this game- Until someone complains about it.. I just wish content was actually legitly tested and barely conflicts with other things, and don't rely on the community's responses so heavily and know for ur selves.... (the devs). Well, we'll see.
    I very much agree... Unfortunately circumstances are not in our favor.
    Going back is often a lot harder than moving on with what you got. Even if sometimes taking a few steps back could be a wise decision.

The game has changed tremendously over the years, so have the players, and so has the community.
    Economically speaking, these changes were necessairy.
    The Vanilla Gunz so to say, had not changed for years yet proved to have a very appealing meta ( ) problem was, it didn't meet the expectations of further developped games, and more and more the public turned to CoD like games ( If I may refer to it this way )
    Great issues were the learning curve, and attracting new players. ( Major issues discussed upon the closure of the "official" servers )

Great examples are in instance the [R]. Frowned upon by many, but if you look at the statistics a vast majority actually "likes" it, and or agrees to play in a game with it.
    So is the Anti-lead system.
    Regarding the development of new moves, we have to realize that in the end, every glitch has a cap. ( with glitch I mean the entire system of cancelling moves & combinations because YES ! Dear players, the success of Gunz is all based on a glitch. )

These changes I suppose have their pros and cons but have greatly contributed to the survival aspect of this 2003 game.

I'm afraid the old days will only be memories, but I will secretly hope future updates will take these thoughts into account and maybe we can find a more balanced middle-ground again !

Freestyler

Thanks
    I very much agree... Unfortunately circumstances are not in our favor.
    Going back is often a lot harder than moving on with what you got. Even if sometimes taking a few steps back could be a wise decision.

The game has changed tremendously over the years, so have the players, and so has the community.
    Economically speaking, these changes were necessairy.
    The Vanilla Gunz so to say, had not changed for years yet proved to have a very appealing meta ( ) problem was, it didn't meet the expectations of further developped games, and more and more the public turned to CoD like games ( If I may refer to it this way )
    Great issues were the learning curve, and attracting new players. ( Major issues discussed upon the closure of the "official" servers )

Great examples are in instance the [R]. Frowned upon by many, but if you look at the statistics a vast majority actually "likes" it, and or agrees to play in a game with it.
    So is the Anti-lead system.
    Regarding the development of new moves, we have to realize that in the end, every glitch has a cap. ( with glitch I mean the entire system of cancelling moves & combinations because YES ! Dear players, the success of Gunz is all based on a glitch. )

These changes I suppose have their pros and cons but have greatly contributed to the survival aspect of this 2003 game.

I'm afraid the old days will only be memories, but I will secretly hope future updates will take these thoughts into account and maybe we can find a more balanced middle-ground again !
    I think you mis-read me. I'm not talking about the old days, im specifically pointing out issues here like the delays and what they are doing to the game over all, its development and everything, its just that more delay and speeding up and catering to only one gun type will obviously imbalance gameplay, so lowering it back to the way it ways obviously is a step forward, but in no way am I simply saying "put things to how they were in official server" just because. Obviously the game can move forward with random updates like [R] and other tags and other random weapons, that's no reason why the game here keeps going up, obvly we could have a bunch of new weapons every move and sure it could get people liking the game but if the weapons are so many and also poorly tested before hand, gameplay will just be ****ing random, yet people would play. This is no reason for anything.
    and regarding why the room tags help yet dominate too much imo: the meta gameplay is just, "what happens" and what is easily adaptable to, and thats why anti lead is meta, and also these room tags. If you dont have a distinguished aim for the game, then it is a problem.

Thanks
    I may have poorly expressed myself, but this specific issue concerning the low delay, from a different perspective was supposed to be the "spicy" change that would bring a new look on the game.
    I'm quite sure it was in the interest of bringing something new to the game, however the results have shown to be not as good as expected ( imo )
    Which basically brings us back to your point of not having considered the full extend of what it would bring to or take from the game.

8. The following user said thank you to o0Flame0o for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-09-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    I may have poorly expressed myself, but this specific issue concerning the low delay, from a different perspective was supposed to be the "spicy" change that would bring a new look on the game.
    I'm quite sure it was in the interest of bringing something new to the game, however the results have shown to be not as good as expected ( imo )
    Which basically brings us back to your point of not having considered the full extend of what it would bring to or take from the game.
    yea, I get you fully now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information