Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Striker's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Keep going.

Corque's Avatar The New Guy

Thanks
    Just a few quick questions pal:

1. Could it be possible to custom build multi-stage bosses?
    e.g. - I go into CustomQuestA which has 4 scenarios, would it be possible to interpret 2 different bosses without the quest ending? - (Round 1+2 have just mobs, 3 and 4 have bosses, but boss three doesn't auto end the quest).

2. Can you see the progress from gameroom of how far the quest is completed?
    e.g. - Because people can just late-join on the final round to get the best possible boss experience.

3. Is it possible (if above is correct) to add a slight EXP bonus to those who start from round one until end of scenario?
    e.g. Stopping people coming in last round to hail end-of-quest experience.

Real Girl

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Corque View Post
    Just a few quick questions pal:

1. Could it be possible to custom build multi-stage bosses?
    e.g. - I go into CustomQuestA which has 4 scenarios, would it be possible to interpret 2 different bosses without the quest ending? - (Round 1+2 have just mobs, 3 and 4 have bosses, but boss three doesn't auto end the quest).

2. Can you see the progress from gameroom of how far the quest is completed?
    e.g. - Because people can just late-join on the final round to get the best possible boss experience.

3. Is it possible (if above is correct) to add a slight EXP bonus to those who start from round one until end of scenario?
    e.g. Stopping people coming in last round to hail end-of-quest experience.
    Just had a quick discussion with the team:
    1) Yes, it's possible and something we want to do.
    2) Absolutely! Great suggestion, we'll be looking at this when we design the big update.
    3) Yes, it's possible. A bit extra work tracking that kind of bonus multiplier but I didn't sign up to do nothing :>

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SecretsOTheP View Post
    2) Absolutely! Great suggestion, we'll be looking at this when we design the big update.
    3) Yes, it's possible. A bit extra work tracking that kind of bonus multiplier but I didn't sign up to do nothing :>
    number 1 has been done on ijji/aeria with the challenge quests. maiet was really dishing out updates for gunz around that time, we also got blitz mode, needed a few extra tweeks but blitz mode is a job well done compared to not having any updates at all.
    number 2 is a good suggestion with your "quest intrusion" work
    number 3 is even better along with number 2, holy. nice thinking corque.

-AznNinja's Avatar Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    how bout a quest where you have to face a boss each round, round 1 = gob king, round 2 skeletron, round 3 lizard king, 4 palmpow, 5 lich, etc. (all the bosses 1 for each lvl, each progressvly harder)

and a quest that has 2 bosses on the final round, for example ( custom quest "The Skeletron Brothers" = final round has 2 skeletrons maybe both with a diff design and special attack)
    Last edited by -AznNinja; 05-06-2014 at 03:26 AM.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    It's a nice edition and definitely worth implementing. I couldn't think of anyone 'not' wanting this.

However, quests aren't popular nowadays (Just checked: 7 rooms out of 47). The popularity could be increased with some effort of the Dev's, but a wild guess of mine is saying that quests aren't a big thing in the future that GunZ has left. There have been numerous discussions about popularity, competitive elements and roomtags. I personally would love to see you put some effort in there and come up with an idea or two to support those subjects, instead of the questing part (even though this is pretty cool). I'll give you my personal desire for the server which would be something that has to do with CW, top 20, tournaments, monthly basis and that all in-game supportive.

Welcome (back) to the community and I hope to see more from you.
    Quest hasnt changed since 2008, what do you expect. The reason it isnt played is because it has no challenge; Give it a purpose again and people will play.

7. The following user said thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

Kira (05-06-2014)

Corque's Avatar The New Guy

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SecretsOTheP View Post
    Sounds good buddy.
    I'm looking forward to the multistage Bosses, could bring some new motivation into Quest and maybe make it interesting again.
    I had a word with Mike a few weeks back about some suggestions regarding World Items, I'll pop you an inbox sometime, could go well with your late-join feature to make quests more interesting and unique.

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by -AznNinja View Post
    how bout a quest where you have to face a boss each round, round 1 = gob king, round 2 skeletron, round 3 lizard king, 4 palmpow, 5 lich, etc. (all the bosses 1 for each lvl, each progressvly harder)

and a quest that has 2 bosses on the final round, for example ( custom quest "The Skeletron Brothers" = final round has 2 skeletrons maybe both with a diff design and special attack)
    all thats been done on ijji. even the two bosses at once thing. Cept they didnt re use the vanilla bosses.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    Quest hasnt changed since 2008, what do you expect. The reason it isnt played is because it has no challenge; Give it a purpose again and people will play.
    I'll definately play once the changes to quest have been made. I was a quester after all at IJJI, just couldn't find any pserver that had that same feeling of quest being a gamemode instead of a newbie way for leveling. Hope the late join will be implemented too so we dont have to wait for a quest to finish and then spam our mouse to get in the first when the quest is over. :>

Cobra's Avatar :>

Thanks
    Hi and congratulations for your position. Your idea is brilliant, should be implanted without any doubts. As for the competitive/non-competitive quests, currently how the quests are on FG, they are short and easy to get EXP. As a player, I would prefer if the quests were harder and challenging rather than having a short quest non-challenging and playing it constantly to gain fast EXP. Might as well raise the player count of playing quests.

Cheers.
    For Freestyle GunZ upcoming updates and ideas, support and news/information visit:
    Linear88 Blog (Click!)

Signature by George.

12. The following user said thank you to Cobra for this useful post:

Sonji (05-06-2014)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information