Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    It's because of shit like this : https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...ot-SUCH-A-FAIL

staff end discussions way too quickly. They won't even let players discuss the banning of other people. smhhhh

Wucas Pls: "Call "aboos" or whatever you want, but if we left bans up to the general public and had a tribunal to decide peoples fates, nothing would ever get done. There is a reason that this is done in a private manner. "

Good point, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to critisize you when you get it wrong. I don't know why all of the staff is so scared of receiving critisizm, we don't expect you to make the correct decisions 100% of the time, but you should be open to suggestions from the public.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Because often criticism ends up in insults and disrespectful behavior.
    Making a thread and posting your opinion about a ban/unban will only cause a thread with spam and pointless arguments, e.g: they should be unbanned, no they should be banned, etc.

In the end, a thread like that will not affect our decision on a ban/unban.

P.S: the forum isn't dead.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

3. The following 6 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Juriën (05-08-2014), Lorrainé (05-08-2014), Oink (05-08-2014), Ommadawn (05-08-2014), Rogelio (05-08-2014), SuperShotty (05-08-2014)

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Because often criticism ends up in insults and disrespectful behavior.
    Making a thread and posting your opinion about a ban/unban will only cause a thread with spam and pointless arguments, e.g: they should be unbanned, no they should be banned, etc.

In the end, a thread like that will not affect our decision on a ban/unban.

P.S: the forum isn't dead.
    How else would we go about telling you guys you unfairly banned a player? And how is posting our opinion spam? You're making it sound like our opinion means nothing when some of us have more experience than the staff who make decisions.

Corque's Avatar The New Guy

Thanks
    Originally Posted by AaLian View Post
    How else would we go about telling you guys you unfairly banned a player? And how is posting our opinion spam? You're making it sound like our opinion means nothing when some of us have more experience than the staff who make decisions.
    How is Dave implying that your opinions count as spam?
    If you think a player is unfairly banned, do it behind the forums, go through private messages, once it goes public, people stick their noses in and it goes off-topic.
    If opinions didn't count, there wouldn't be a suggestion thread.

About experience: This is a Gunz server, a Gunz forum, not a doctors surgery, you can wimp and scrape that you've been an Admin at a server or fifty, but it's not hard to become staff.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Corque View Post
    How is Dave implying that your opinions count as spam?
    If you think a player is unfairly banned, do it behind the forums, go through private messages, once it goes public, people stick their noses in and it goes off-topic.
    If opinions didn't count, there wouldn't be a suggestion thread.

About experience: This is a Gunz server, a Gunz forum, not a doctors surgery, you can wimp and scrape that you've been an Admin at a server or fifty, but it's not hard to become staff.
    He implied that posting our opinions lead to nothing but spam, i don't get what else that could mean?
    So you would rather have 50 people private messaging each staff member? Why not leave the discussion open to see what most players think, valid arguments were brought up in the last thread.

As for experience, i didn't mean staff, i just meant playing time which leads to being able to spot unlegits better.

Country
    Thanks
    How about you make an unban appeal?
    We don't rely on the opinion of other people, especially in a public thread, since it can be easily biased.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    Sir, I would like to point out that this forum has been running since 08 (correct me if I'm wrong anyone), and until now there are more and more players joining every day. We're pretty damn active for an old game. If you're unhappy about the decisions that have occurred between your friends you can have a group discussion via private chats or whatever with YOUR friend and the admins. I see it as a cry for attention when players go on making threads about OTHER people and not YOU. Very childish, you should stick your nose where it belongs, not in other people's spirals.
    Tomorrow comes today

9. The following 2 users say thank you to Lorrainé for this useful post:

mr guy (05-08-2014), SuperShotty (05-08-2014)

Banned

Thanks
    How about you make an unban appeal?
    We don't rely on the opinion of other people, especially in a public thread, since it can be easily biased.
    How would an unban appeal help when the first time around, all the staff members agreed that you were unlegit? The only reason things changed was because of outside opinions and public threads that brought the issue back.

abasena go away lol

Country
    Thanks
    How would an unban appeal help when the first time around, all the staff members agreed that you were unlegit? The only reason things changed was because of outside opinions and public threads that brought the issue back.

abasena go away lol
    You will have to try and prove your innocence.
    There's always a staff member who didn't take care of the report and thus you might be able to get a second opinion.

A public thread will most likely only contain friends of the banned person trying to back him up which makes it completely unreliable.

Banned

Thanks
    You will have to try and prove your innocence.
    There's always a staff member who didn't take care of the report and thus you might be able to get a second opinion.

A public thread will most likely only contain friends of the banned person trying to back him up.
    That's so not true. It also has the opinion of the people wanting him to stay banned. Atleast in public threads, people post why they think the player is unlegit, and others can reply and tell them that it's intuition that comes by playing gunz a lot, or luck, or if it is indeed esp or w.e hack is in discussion.

I've noticed quite a few (not all, a lot of reports are well done), one staff member says a player is unlegit, and the rest just bandwagon.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information