Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Freestyler

Thanks
    As we all know, the ego/rage section and other media sections of every single gunz server forum is filled with 1v1 screen shots, 1v1 trolling, etc, people claiming who is the best, etc etc etc. I always thought to myself, (before duel tournament came out by maiet) GunZ the Duel is HELLA competitive when it comes to 1v1s, maybe even more so than clanwars (back then, and I believe it still may be). People went crazy hard core about 1v1s back then even more than clanwaring many many times. And there was no platform for the players to unleash this competitiveness, so the ego from 1v1ners let loose all over the place and I always thought there should be an official place for players to settle things.

I always thought, how come there isn't a 1v1 version of clan war (before DT came out). Then DT came out and in no way could that be competitive because in real 1v1s, you're not allowed to med and you can't see the opponents HP and you don't use JAIL as a 1v1 map (ROFL). Duel Tournament has so much potential to me and can be that umbrella that keeps the ego underneath or at least is the first step to controlling it (note most of my suggestions are about the actual gameplay gunz can offer).

So what after seasonal clan tournies are legitly back and is ran off the top 20 clans or something, I believe if we can have a legit 1v1 ranking ladder system that isn't retarded like DT when it comes to competitive 1v1s, would do wonders.

1. Remove showing the opponents HP/AP (wtf?)
    2. Remove items
    3. Possible to have some ping limit system? 125+ ping opponents is too much to be a legit 1v1, and that's still high, but still.
    4. After DT is settled, the top ranked players can enter for a monthly cash prize 1v1 tournament just as there are with clan wars. Its a legit shame that only clan wars are the main focus, and I believe players will go even more nuts about this game (ego more, more speculation on whos the best, ppl will actually talk about the game and whos the best more often on the forums) if there are cash prize 1v1s. Man watch people train in for 1v1 fights, would be legit sick. I can see the community slowly get better in skill at a faster rate than it is now if this may go through.
    5. and finally, seriously have a youtube channel, keep a record of every monthly clanwar tournament fight, and monthly 1v1 if it goes through.
    EDIT: #6. Remove the dumb maps like jail, and put something else instead of just taking away. Also make a 1v1 version of town PLS GOD! PLS! Even without being apart of this whole suggestion, a 1v1 version of town; remove the ally and just have the bases and everything in the middle, etc. 1v1 version of CW maps would also be legit awesome, legit.
    Agree there is potential here? Or no, and why? Anyway, clanwar ain't the only thing, dun know. dun know.

ok cheers. cya.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 05-12-2014 at 10:45 AM.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to DDaggerDD for this useful post:

Mike (05-12-2014), SuperShotty (05-19-2014)

Banned

Thanks
    i agree, but ping isnt that much of an issue in antilead
    i dont like the way DT works, imo should just be so that you can queue for 1v1 and get a random player and one to get to 11 first wins, and indeed no meds

4. The following user said thank you to mr guy for this useful post:

Feature (05-13-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by mr guy View Post
    i agree, but ping isnt that much of an issue in antilead
    i dont like the way DT works, imo should just be so that you can queue for 1v1 and get a random player and one to get to 11 first wins
    dun know.

but with ping, some players actually use sword and it wouldn't be a real test of all their skills if ping got in the way, that's why I mentioned ping.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    dun know.

but with ping, some players actually use sword and it wouldn't be a real test of all their skills if ping got in the way, that's why I mentioned ping.
    lol when people used to rush and sword me I'd just backpeddle and pb for an easy kill

Freestyler

Thanks
    lol when people used to rush and sword me I'd just backpeddle and pb for an easy kill
    still, I can see people saying "dude DT isn't a legit 1v1 ladder mode, I wouldn't 1v1 a beaner.|

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I agree , kids always talkin big in clan wars and such and when you are thrilled for a serious match they just camp their asses off , potshot everywhere and dodge qq... Prize doesn't have to that big either , just a small gift of appriciation. I totally support this.

9. The following 2 users say thank you to Mike for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-12-2014), SuperShotty (05-19-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Miko pls View Post
    I agree , kids always talkin big in clan wars and such and when you are thrilled for a serious match they just camp their asses off , potshot everywhere and dodge qq... Prize doesn't have to that big either , just a small gift of appriciation. I totally support this.
    respect, dun know. always that 1 guy in a cw talking big saying he could take you, ****ing just look at his shit from 1v1 ladder, nuff explained. and yea doesn't even have to be so much of a large prize. damn I can feel the hype already, people always talk big, we would finally see all those words laid down in 1v1s err day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also bout what mr guy said how we doesn't like the DT format and should be just a: find 1 opponent, fight em (I like that as well) but a main part of real 1v1s is getting people to watch. If it be your clan mate you is watching u fight another guy from a clan u just cw'd, and he wants to see some smack, or if its just some guys that wanna see a fight go down after 2 guys were egoing earlier in some game room... watching 1v1s is apart of 1v1 history imo, shud keep that intact.

If there was a way to increase the amount of kills needed to win in the final brackets of the DT mode, that would do it. Right now its up to 3 kills I believe or 2, just needa make it to 10 or something and also the people that stay and watch could earn some lil exp or something. EDIT: or actually, could leave it to how it is, and save the real 1v1 format (longer fights, more rounds, more kills) for the monthly version to this.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 05-12-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    respect, dun know. always that 1 guy in a cw talking big saying he could take you, ****ing just look at his shit from 1v1 ladder, nuff explained. and yea doesn't even have to be so much of a large prize. damn I can feel the hype already, people always talk big, we would finally see all those words laid down in 1v1s err day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also bout what mr guy said how we doesn't like the DT format and should be just a: find 1 opponent, fight em (I like that as well) but a main part of real 1v1s is getting people to watch. If it be your clan mate you is watching u fight another guy from a clan u just cw'd, and he wants to see some smack, or if its just some guys that wanna see a fight go down after 2 guys were egoing earlier in some game room... watching 1v1s is apart of 1v1 history imo, shud keep that intact.

If there was a way to increase the amount of kills needed to win in the final brackets of the DT mode, that would do it. Right now its up to 3 kills I believe or 2, just needa make it to 10 or something and also the people that stay and watch could earn some lil exp or something.
    hmm maybe an 1v1 log just like there is http://fgunz.net/cw
    if someone really wants to brag about winning an 1v1 he can always post in rage/ego

Freestyler

Thanks
    hmm maybe an 1v1 log just like there is http://fgunz.net/cw
    if someone really wants to brag about winning an 1v1 he can always post in rage/ego
    oh yea, that too, that's cool. Something I noticed, that has the clan fight record, but not the replay beside it... maybe give an option for a clan leader to click on one clan war of theirs in that log and have an option to post the replay for it. And maybe could do the same for 1v1s. but yea I think DT is okay how it is, and save the longer 1v1s for the monthly version. this will build up the hype and ego for the 1v1s per month.

Aroma's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    What monthly clan war tournament are you talking about... Awarding a rank 1 clan with $ isnt a tournament.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information