Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    ZoneStyle's Avatar Think less, live more

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by MadameDeath View Post
    lol you sound like an uneducated middle schooler, 20$ you have never even read the Qur'an

and before you even bother asking, I've read most of the Bible, Qur'an and the Torah.

Just adding something about the Torah:
    Torah it's only 1/3 of our real book (Tanah).

Tanah (תנ"ך / Tnh) T = Torah, N = Neviyim, H (k) = ktovim.

So basically it's almost nothing to read / know.

Fall down seven times,
    stand up eight
    Turn the pain into power

Banned

Thanks
    there are elementary particles in vacuum space. elementary particles collided and created a fractal of existence. of consistent trial, error and adaption. time doesn't exist, neither does your interpretation of motion. the colors you see are just wave lengths. your voice is just vibrations in oxygen. we aren't a perfect design, hundreds of thousands of defective babies are born every year. we only have 1 mouth, you honestly know how many people choke and die each year? we're just atoms trying to understand ourselves. look at a tree, you see how it sprouts and replicates itself? thats life, no god did that. life doesn't need a god, it can perpetuate itself without a god or a religion.

Kira's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ZoneStyle View Post

Like the lord of the rings triology?

4. The following user said thank you to Kira for this useful post:

ossiegassie (05-15-2014)

oi Blake

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ZoneStyle View Post

So basically it's almost nothing to read / know.
    oh really so 1/3 of something is nothing ?
    lol get real, I was just saying I have a pretty good understanding of the teachings/views of the 3 big religions, im not an expert on any of them.
    Decided to burn a lot of calories today, so I set a fat kid on fire.

Country
    Thanks
    oh really so 1/3 of something is nothing ?
    lol get real, I was just saying I have a pretty good understanding of the teachings/views of the 3 big religions, im not an expert on any of them.
    I meant, there are a lot more about us, about the jew, ofc Torah is one of our special "books", I'm just saying.

Fall down seven times,
    stand up eight
    Turn the pain into power

Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    I must point out another thing for others to understand. Every scripture in every religion has most likely been edited over these past 2k years or so... Just saying.
    Tomorrow comes today

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    I've read some very interesting and some straight up stupid responses to this so I'll just throw my thoughts on this in here aswell.

I think religion is something that may have started as a very pure and innocent attempt at people trying to live by a code that made them better humans (no killing, no stealing, etc.) but lately religion has turned into a mass brainwashing cult. I say religion in general because if I mention a single religion, people with persecution complexes will start freaking out.

Religion is now used as a way to profiteer off of people who seek comfort in a group environment, I'm mainly talking about bigger establishments here. Huge churches/mosques/temples are focued on nothing but profit and religion is a great way to make some profit, I'm not saying every religious establishment is like this, there are still lots of small establishments that focus on nothing other than teaching humans to be better humans.

I think the basic messages and teachings of religion are very good for us but the way it is used now, as a way to just extort money out of people, is disgusting.
    I don't know about that though, I think you describe a very small portion that use it that way. Majority of the religious people don't actually intend to harm in any kind like that, well thats what 'I' think.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Abasena View Post
    I must point out another thing for others to understand. Every scripture in every religion has most likely been edited over these past 2k years or so... Just saying.
    I agree, also I find the other religions so similar, I mean they* are almost the same just with minor difference.
    For example, jews and arabs, Avraham had 2 childs, Izhak - Jew Ishmael - Arabs.
    It's funny because we are like brothers and still fighting and killing each other.
    Last edited by ZoneStyle; 05-15-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Fall down seven times,
    stand up eight
    Turn the pain into power

Kira's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    If there were like the first two people such as Adam and that girl, shoudn't they have done incest and isn't that wrong.

oi Blake

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    I don't know about that though, I think you describe a very small portion that use it that way. Majority of the religious people don't actually intend to harm in any kind like that, well thats what 'I' think.
    Not a small portion, The majority of LARGE establishments make an insane amount of money (that is tax free for some stupid reason). Well I dont know how much this applies to your area but think about the biggest church/mosque in your state/province and imagine 1-2 thousand people going through it daily. I think 1-2k might be a bit low but lets just go with it. Imagine if 50% of them are devout enough to donate, I know that in Islam you have to give a percentage of your wealth, monthly, Christianity also requires/encourages you to donate but I dont think it is as commonplace to donate as it is in Islam. Just think about all of that money, not to mention the insane amount of tax benefits of running a religious establishment.

There are still places that focus on religion and their god's teachings but I think most of the bigger establishments are in it for nothing but the money.
    Last edited by MadameDeath; 05-15-2014 at 12:32 AM.
    Decided to burn a lot of calories today, so I set a fat kid on fire.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information