Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lemonish View Post
    Wrong answer kind sir. Oh yes religion's purpose was to preach and teach peace and whatever, but oh wow we are 2014 and religion today is what the video I have posted.
    Fathers were supposed to take religion as something, but they took it as something else, completely different. Leading to say, religion is being used in a complete wrong way, yet it is called a religion, which doesn't make sense. Which makes it chaotic and NOT really a true "religion".

HOWEVER I am done discussing this, because it is too late for us to identify ourselves as "humans", nevertheless it is a beautiful thought, to live as a human and nothing more nothing less.
    dont u think its pretty damn easy to blame it all on religion?
    us humans will always find reasons to quarrel and start wars

2. The following user said thank you to mr guy for this useful post:

Lorrainé (05-14-2014)

Underground's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    we are all gods who control our surroundings some people are better gods then others,A-men

4. The following user said thank you to Underground for this useful post:

Eddie (05-15-2014)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Abasena View Post
    I don't mean to be disrespectful but how can someone provide peace amongst the world if they are only being close-minded or in other words, concentrated about one specific religion? Since yonks, humanity has departed and always has been. Perfection is a word overly used now days and that verse looks like it is what it is saying. That's almost impossible on earth. I mean, I've had friends with a Muslim father and Christian mother. Half Lebanese and Australian. They grew up to be the most humble people. What difference does it make with other cultures/religions? Because we are 'different'? This is what I don't understand. In order to create peace we must begin to analyse ourselves. What is wrong with what I do or say is always the first question that must come to someone's mind in reality.

Like I have stated, it's education.
    yeah im not claiming islam is the right religion and that christianity is wrong, i dont judge people just because they're different, people misunderstand whats in our book or what us muslims think you know, my own best-friend is actually half muslim half christian as you said lebanese australian, the thing is our religion is thought to be a religion where we engage hatred and that our lord is filled with hate and despair when its the complete opposite, that video you saw of deedat was him defending himself against someone called jimmy swaggart, he was mocking some verses in our book and what not, hence why you only saw that part of the video since im 100% sure that not a lot of people are bothered to watch more than 5 minutes of a speech or a debate, my bad if that actually offended you in any way

Lemonish's Avatar Equality.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by mr guy View Post
    dont u think its pretty damn easy to blame it all on religion?
    us humans will always find reasons to quarrel and start wars
    True and that was the purpose of religion. To create a system. But then it became some racist idea of nothingness.

Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    Wrong answer kind sir. Oh yes religion's purpose was to preach and teach peace and whatever, but oh wow we are 2014 and religion today is what the video I have posted.
    Fathers were supposed to take religion as something, but they took it as something else, completely different. Leading to say, religion is being used in a complete wrong way, yet it is called a religion, which doesn't make sense. Which makes it chaotic and NOT really a true "religion".

HOWEVER I am done discussing this, because it is too late for us to identify ourselves as "humans", nevertheless it is a beautiful thought, to live as a human and nothing more nothing less.
    The earth isn't perfect and never has been. Life itself isn't perfect, we have emotions. Emotions is what causes problems. Grudges too. Then again, it's a balance. We also have love. We can't blame it all on religion, religions have their own perception for the "guidance" of life. And as people get older, they begin to misunderstand because they were never brought up the same way. Each and every one of them were brought up a different manner which causes them to misunderstand other's opinions and take it the wrong way once discussing. It's quite unfortunate that I must say it's "The way of life". It's pretty obvious though, but that's what it is. You do see Israel people fighting other Israels, or Christians fighting other Christians etc. It's just human... which isn't suppose to be.
    Tomorrow comes today

Banned

Thanks
    True and that was the purpose of religion. To create a system. But then it became some racist idea of nothingness.
    a system..? ehhh
    not even gonna reply to that

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    yeah im not claiming islam is the right religion and that christianity is wrong, i dont judge people just because they're different, people misunderstand whats in our book or what us muslims think you know, my own best-friend is actually half muslim half christian as you said lebanese australian, the thing is our religion is thought to be a religion where we engage hatred and that our lord is filled with hate and despair when its the complete opposite, that video you saw of deedat was him defending himself against someone called jimmy swaggart, he was mocking some verses in our book and what not, hence why you only saw that part of the video since im 100% sure that not a lot of people are bothered to watch more than 5 minutes of a speech or a debate, my bad if that actually offended you in any way
    Like I have stated, some "Christians" do not know of what they speak of. Some are very hypocritical in-fact. It didn't offend me, I was just annoyed since there are people out their preaching what they don't practice (not towards you, just in general).
    Tomorrow comes today

ZoneStyle's Avatar Think less, live more

Country
    Thanks
    Is it in the human nature to hate his kind? I don't think so.
    Oh and by the way you are right I am not wishing for "Arabs > Jews" I am instead for, "Arabs = Jews". And yes, there are Arabs who are terrorists and what not. But that was the point of my first/second post. It is religion that created this "Arab Jews" unbelievably sad situation, or is it not?

You are totally wrong, religion have a small part of our "argue" between jew and arabs, go read our HISTORY, everything started when we got our country back after Hitler killed 6M jew, when the war ended we came to Israel, UK ruled "Israel" at that time, I read that when UK left the territory, we (the jew) got 67% of the territory and you (the arabs) got the rest (37%) but in the whole 100% there were more arabs than jews that's how the "argue" started between us, not to mention that we were friends when the UK's were here, we helped each other, but nowadays our "fight" is more like proud and religion but everything started because the territory.

Fall down seven times,
    stand up eight
    Turn the pain into power

11. The following user said thank you to ZoneStyle for this useful post:

mr guy (05-14-2014)

Country
    Thanks
    Not to mention, Lemonish, your ethnicity shouldn't be the only ethnicity to be sorrowful of what is occurring. From what I recall, there we have the whole massacre of the Native American Indians for land. The 'Stolen-generation' of the Indigenous Australians (Aboriginals) where they were forced to steal their children and "out-breed" them to marrying white people to "clean off" that ethnicity also for land. There are a lot more I can say, even my own culture. You can't blame religion. It's GREED.
    Tomorrow comes today

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    inb4hate
    nohateformychristianbrothers
    promotepeace
    jack this is the thing i was telling you about, please watch and thank you

no hateful comments, im srs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uUNdnWXq0

im not posting anything else so that i dont offend some people in this community Oo whoever is interested in listening to deedat let me know
    I quit halfway watching this because of the poor English. All I got from it was him not agreeing with the first version of the bible. Someone who doesn't agree with another persons religion is fine, convincing other people of your own religion is wrong, convincing other people that some religion doesn't make sense or is incorrect is even worse. Going public via youtube, presentations, disrespecting the (what for others is holy) bible and it's followers is Pathetic with a capital P.

Religion is very simple and should stay that way, people should believe whatever they want to believe and stick with it. They can come together, sing their songs and pray to their gods as much as they want. The only point where it goes wrong it this form of discussion is when you start to convince other people of what you think is right or wrong.

So reading that title, watching the first 2 minutes already tells me enough that anyone actually believing a word that guy says is too pathetic to carry it's own opinion. I guess that is fine for the ones that like to follow others.

As far as the birth of religion goes, I think it is something of the past. People tend to seek reasoning behind actions that occur, and at this point of time most of the things we see, feel, hear or experience in any other way are scientifically explainable. As for the past, the tools and knowledge weren't there to prove things that happened weren't caused by powers from above. I think we all had points in time that something happened that you couldn't explain, I personally find it the most frustrating kind of thing that can happen, and I believe that when that happened 2000 years ago, stories were made. I don't know every chapter in the bible or any other religious books but from what I've read and heard most of it was a way of life. Put those stories in books and add a convincing speech and people will start to believe you.

I think you can kind of compare it to all the diets that are out there right now, there is a lot of discussion on what kind of diet would be good and which wouldn't be. We have been growing up without actually knowing what kind of food we eat every day, what it does to our bodies and how to live perfectly healthy. The products we can buy aren't the ones we could find in nature and food you order is often far from 100% natural. People get fat, people want to lose weight but 99% of humanity didn't study or research actual facts on food. So what do they do? They follow some person's diet. Whether that is from some book, website or some person you know in real life that doesn't matter. You follow something, you get results and you accept that that's the way to lose weight and become 'healthy'. Both in religion and diets there are quite a few different thoughts and books on how to achieve / live your life. Now diets don't (at least not yet) cause wars all over the world, but they cause arguments and indifferences as much as religion can do, simply because people will believe what they want to believe.

And to get back to the scientific subject, if we encounter issues right now we can just google a solution. Doesn't matter if you have issues with yourself or other people there is almost always an answer on the internet. I believe the internet didn't excist 2000 years ago, so what do you do when you get sick without having a doctor? What do you do if you seek answers on the many questions you have? You need some kind of grip on life, something to hold on to, something that tells you that you live a good life and that everything will be fine, at some point. I believe that desire from humans allowed religion to grow that big. And I believe science is overruling religion sorta.

Food for thoughts

then dont get religion involved, its the people, not the religion
    This is where you are wrong, You don't use your religion to do so, but many do. Don't be naive, everybody knows it's happening all over, I have experienced it plenty of times myself. It might happen as often in the places you come, but the muslims I see in our big cities certainly aren't as nice of a muslim as you are. And they do base their aggression towards other religions, gay or any other type of 'different' person on their religion
    Last edited by slugheady; 05-15-2014 at 12:05 AM.

14. The following 5 users say thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Cobra (05-15-2014), Eddie (05-15-2014), Lorrainé (05-15-2014), mr guy (05-15-2014), ossiegassie (05-15-2014)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information