Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Underground's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    smoke meth hail satan

2. The following user said thank you to Underground for this useful post:

Eddie (05-15-2014)

Lemonish's Avatar Equality.

Thanks
    I started talking about the hate towards the gay people. You started talking about something else.
    Anyway, my point is, don't you think, that if there were no religions humans would fight MUCH less?

Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lemonish View Post
    I started talking about the hate towards the gay people. You started talking about something else.
    Anyway, my point is, don't you think, that if there were no religions humans would fight MUCH less?
    You also carried out the conversation with that video, do not blame it on us and I already answered your question. And for the second question, we'll never find the answer for that.
    Tomorrow comes today

oi Blake

Thanks
    I've read some very interesting and some straight up stupid responses to this so I'll just throw my thoughts on this in here aswell.

I think religion is something that may have started as a very pure and innocent attempt at people trying to live by a code that made them better humans (no killing, no stealing, etc.) but lately religion has turned into a mass brainwashing cult. I say religion in general because if I mention a single religion, people with persecution complexes will start freaking out.

Religion is now used as a way to profiteer off of people who seek comfort in a group environment, I'm mainly talking about bigger establishments here. Huge churches/mosques/temples are focued on nothing but profit and religion is a great way to make some profit, I'm not saying every religious establishment is like this, there are still lots of small establishments that focus on nothing other than teaching humans to be better humans.

I think the basic messages and teachings of religion are very good for us but the way it is used now, as a way to just extort money out of people, is disgusting.
    Decided to burn a lot of calories today, so I set a fat kid on fire.

6. The following user said thank you to MadameDeath for this useful post:

Lorrainé (05-15-2014)

ZoneStyle's Avatar Think less, live more

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lemonish View Post
    lol what? then explain me about your video, how the video supposed to be about gays etc.
    But yes, I agree.

Fall down seven times,
    stand up eight
    Turn the pain into power

Kira's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    I don't think any religion is real.

2000 years ago people were very stupid and didn't have any scientist or what so ever.
    So their obvious only explanation is that some one or something made them.

Christianity is just this explained above with a cute story added to it.
    The Muslim faith is just Christianity with extreme violence and a lot of bullshit added to it.

How people with a religion think:

Spoiler!

9. The following user said thank you to Kira for this useful post:

ZoneStyle (05-15-2014)

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kira View Post

2000 years ago people were very stupid and didn't have any scientist or what so ever.

The Muslim faith is just Christianity with extreme violence and a lot of bullshit added to it.

How dumb people with a religion think:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/029c5b401...h2d9o1_400.gif
    yw noob

oi Blake

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kira View Post

How people with a religion think:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/029c5b401...h2d9o1_400.gif
    lol you sound like an uneducated middle schooler, 20$ you have never even read the Qur'an

and before you even bother asking, I've read most of the Bible, Qur'an and the Torah.
    Decided to burn a lot of calories today, so I set a fat kid on fire.

12. The following user said thank you to MadameDeath for this useful post:

Taint (05-15-2014)

Cobra's Avatar :>

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    I quit halfway watching this because of the poor English. All I got from it was him not agreeing with the first version of the bible. Someone who doesn't agree with another persons religion is fine, convincing other people of your own religion is wrong, convincing other people that some religion doesn't make sense or is incorrect is even worse. Going public via youtube, presentations, disrespecting the (what for others is holy) bible and it's followers is Pathetic with a capital P.

Religion is very simple and should stay that way, people should believe whatever they want to believe and stick with it. They can come together, sing their songs and pray to their gods as much as they want. The only point where it goes wrong it this form of discussion is when you start to convince other people of what you think is right or wrong.

So reading that title, watching the first 2 minutes already tells me enough that anyone actually believing a word that guy says is too pathetic to carry it's own opinion. I guess that is fine for the ones that like to follow others.

As far as the birth of religion goes, I think it is something of the past. People tend to seek reasoning behind actions that occur, and at this point of time most of the things we see, feel, hear or experience in any other way are scientifically explainable. As for the past, the tools and knowledge weren't there to prove things that happened weren't caused by powers from above. I think we all had points in time that something happened that you couldn't explain, I personally find it the most frustrating kind of thing that can happen, and I believe that when that happened 2000 years ago, stories were made. I don't know every chapter in the bible or any other religious books but from what I've read and heard most of it was a way of life. Put those stories in books and add a convincing speech and people will start to believe you.

I think you can kind of compare it to all the diets that are out there right now, there is a lot of discussion on what kind of diet would be good and which wouldn't be. We have been growing up without actually knowing what kind of food we eat every day, what it does to our bodies and how to live perfectly healthy. The products we can buy aren't the ones we could find in nature and food you order is often far from 100% natural. People get fat, people want to lose weight but 99% of humanity didn't study or research actual facts on food. So what do they do? They follow some person's diet. Whether that is from some book, website or some person you know in real life that doesn't matter. You follow something, you get results and you accept that that's the way to lose weight and become 'healthy'. Both in religion and diets there are quite a few different thoughts and books on how to achieve / live your life. Now diets don't (at least not yet) cause wars all over the world, but they cause arguments and indifferences as much as religion can do, simply because people will believe what they want to believe.

And to get back to the scientific subject, if we encounter issues right now we can just google a solution. Doesn't matter if you have issues with yourself or other people there is almost always an answer on the internet. I believe the internet didn't excist 2000 years ago, so what do you do when you get sick without having a doctor? What do you do if you seek answers on the many questions you have? You need some kind of grip on life, something to hold on to, something that tells you that you live a good life and that everything will be fine, at some point. I believe that desire from humans allowed religion to grow that big. And I believe science is overruling religion sorta.

Food for thoughts

This is where you are wrong, You don't use your religion to do so, but many do. Don't be naive, everybody knows it's happening all over, I have experienced it plenty of times myself. It might happen as often in the places you come, but the muslims I see in our big cities certainly aren't as nice of a muslim as you are. And they do base their aggression towards other religions, gay or any other type of 'different' person on their religion
    I always knew your baldy head bursts up that intelligence.
    For Freestyle GunZ upcoming updates and ideas, support and news/information visit:
    Linear88 Blog (Click!)

Signature by George.

14. The following 2 users say thank you to Cobra for this useful post:

Lorrainé (05-15-2014), slugheady (05-15-2014)

Kira's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by MadameDeath View Post
    lol you sound like an uneducated middle schooler, 20$ you have never even read the Qur'an

and before you even bother asking, I've read most of the Bible, Qur'an and the Torah.
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    sounds like someone let there little brother/sister on their forum account.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information