Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Freestyler

Thanks
    Ok guys i just want a little debate about religion, im not interested where ever you think its real or fake. I just want to hear some peoples views of how they think religion started.

To make sure this isnt biased, im not only just talking about christianity or islamic religion. I'm also talking about the viking gods, the roman gods and the egyptian gods as well.
    I've looked at alot of documentarys about religion and aliens (because it interests me) I've studied romans and always had an interest in medieval times and if you connect them all, they all come together one way or another.

i could write a whole page about my theory but i would rather read up some of yours first.

p.s if you havent ever thought about this subject, then please, look it up on the internet, with some of the stuff that you find out your mind will be blown (on the other hand you could be completly atheist and just simply say that religion is a lie and ignore the whole subject)

I dont think its a lie, i dont think its the truth either, i think theres something else behind it all.

please no troll and stick to the subject, i can talk about this for weeks and i will still be contradicting and mindfcking myself
    Last edited by Anima; 05-14-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Oh well in church I got told it was God that put Adam and Eva on the earth and I stick to that.

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Miko pls View Post
    Oh well in church I got told it was God that put Adam and Eva on the earth and I stick to that.
    but then people could argue, who made God? or is he just some divine power that popped out of nowhere. "Everything has a beggining"

ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    but then people could argue, who made God? or is he just some divine power that popped out of nowhere. "Everything has a beggining"
    Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    im not interested where ever you think its real or fake. I just want to hear some peoples views of how they think religion started.
    you just went way off course yourself.

i'll keep it really short myself:
    i think religion comes from the human mind, as a way to explain things.
    Last edited by ZAIN; 05-14-2014 at 09:41 PM.

5. The following 2 users say thank you to ZAIN for this useful post:

Eddie (05-14-2014), KoVuMASA (05-16-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    you just went way off course yourself.

i'll keep it really short myself:
    i think religion comes from the human mind, as a way to explain things.
    no in my first sentence i was supposed to write "im not ONLY talking about christianity and islamic religion"

i kept to the subject of how it started and answered a question of how miko thought religion started.
    all i pointed out was that some people can argue, "who made god" again leading too, "how religion started"

you'll get used to my retarded grammar and typo mistakes

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    inb4hate
    nohateformychristianbrothers
    promotepeace
    jack this is the thing i was telling you about, please watch and thank you

no hateful comments, im srs

im not posting anything else so that i dont offend some people in this community Oo whoever is interested in listening to deedat let me know

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ˇ¸Kingˇą View Post
    I think you should delete this.
    As im speaking for the people who dont want to read/see discussions....
    I agree, except i will report every post that i think is uneccasary, stephan, jakanadin, dave and mcsic are very strict when it comes to these kind of things, and if this thread gets active, they will keep an eye on the thread

Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    That's why it's posted in the 'debates' section it's meant for people who wants to discuss these kind of things.
    +1
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    inb4hate
    promotepeace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uUNdnWXq0

im not posting anything else so that i dont offend some people in this community Oo whoever is interested in listening to deedat let me know
    going to watch in 10 mins

Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    inb4hate
    promotepeace

Taint, this man is basically making mockery upon the Christian community and as I recall he was defending himself against a 'Christian' that has not read the bible... I can point out a few things from the Qu'ran from what I have read which really confused me as they say it is a religion of peace. Not trying to start a war but honestly, as I have studied that there are two major variants of the Muslim religion. The Shia's and the Sunni's. I have a lot of Muslim friends and we have certain discussions. Can you please explain this:

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

I've spoken to my Sunni friends about this quote. I asked them what is it in the middle east that cause commotions between Christians and Jews. In other words, why are there so many civil wars or bombings etc... Why is it in the Qu'ran it says such statements if you claim yourselves to be the religion of peace? And for those Christians which don't know/have studied Christianity and use the religion as a title to cover up for their 'mistakes' shouldn't be involved in this conversation. I'm interested in your response. (No hate)
    Tomorrow comes today

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Abasena View Post
    Taint, this man is basically making mockery upon the Christian community and as I recall he was defending himself against a 'Christian' that has not read the bible... I can point out a few things from the Qu'ran from what I have read which really confused me as they say it is a religion of peace. Not trying to start a war but honestly, as I have studied that there are two major variants of the Muslim religion. The Shia's and the Sunni's. I have a lot of Muslim friends and we have certain discussions. Can you please explain this:

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

I've spoken to my Sunni friends about this quote. I asked them what is it in the middle east that cause commotions between Christians and Jews. In other words, why are there so many civil wars or bombings etc... Why is it in the Qu'ran it says such statements if you claim yourselves to be the religion of peace? And for those Christians which don't know/have studied Christianity and use the religion as a title to cover up for their 'mistakes' shouldn't be involved in this conversation. I'm interested in your response. (No hate)
    you misunderstood it like the rest who did, ive had the question a lot and im glad you came up to me with this
    this basically means that you cant guide one to the right but god can only do (please continue on reading, it doesnt mean god doesnt want him to be a muslim or be guided in the right direction), it makes more sense in arabic than it does in english if you know what i mean, and the verse is a bit mixed btw, thats not the exact meaning of it, the real meaning of the verse itself meanst (for example) if you were married lets say to a buddhist or a guy who has a different religion that you do, it is hard for you to convince him unless god shows up for him to convert or what not, this is a close-up to what the meaning actually is

people tend to block any outer ideas and be close minded rather than actually listening to other people's explanation, with this being said, that's what god meant by making one guided to the right direction

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    inb4hate
    promotepeace

I quit halfway watching this because of the poor English. All I got from it was him not agreeing with the first version of the bible. Someone who doesn't agree with another persons religion is fine, convincing other people of your own religion is wrong, convincing other people that some religion doesn't make sense or is incorrect is even worse. Going public via youtube, presentations, disrespecting the (what for others is holy) bible and it's followers is Pathetic with a capital P.

Religion is very simple and should stay that way, people should believe whatever they want to believe and stick with it. They can come together, sing their songs and pray to their gods as much as they want. The only point where it goes wrong it this form of discussion is when you start to convince other people of what you think is right or wrong.

So reading that title, watching the first 2 minutes already tells me enough that anyone actually believing a word that guy says is too pathetic to carry it's own opinion. I guess that is fine for the ones that like to follow others.

As far as the birth of religion goes, I think it is something of the past. People tend to seek reasoning behind actions that occur, and at this point of time most of the things we see, feel, hear or experience in any other way are scientifically explainable. As for the past, the tools and knowledge weren't there to prove things that happened weren't caused by powers from above. I think we all had points in time that something happened that you couldn't explain, I personally find it the most frustrating kind of thing that can happen, and I believe that when that happened 2000 years ago, stories were made. I don't know every chapter in the bible or any other religious books but from what I've read and heard most of it was a way of life. Put those stories in books and add a convincing speech and people will start to believe you.

I think you can kind of compare it to all the diets that are out there right now, there is a lot of discussion on what kind of diet would be good and which wouldn't be. We have been growing up without actually knowing what kind of food we eat every day, what it does to our bodies and how to live perfectly healthy. The products we can buy aren't the ones we could find in nature and food you order is often far from 100% natural. People get fat, people want to lose weight but 99% of humanity didn't study or research actual facts on food. So what do they do? They follow some person's diet. Whether that is from some book, website or some person you know in real life that doesn't matter. You follow something, you get results and you accept that that's the way to lose weight and become 'healthy'. Both in religion and diets there are quite a few different thoughts and books on how to achieve / live your life. Now diets don't (at least not yet) cause wars all over the world, but they cause arguments and indifferences as much as religion can do, simply because people will believe what they want to believe.

And to get back to the scientific subject, if we encounter issues right now we can just google a solution. Doesn't matter if you have issues with yourself or other people there is almost always an answer on the internet. I believe the internet didn't excist 2000 years ago, so what do you do when you get sick without having a doctor? What do you do if you seek answers on the many questions you have? You need some kind of grip on life, something to hold on to, something that tells you that you live a good life and that everything will be fine, at some point. I believe that desire from humans allowed religion to grow that big. And I believe science is overruling religion sorta.

Food for thoughts

then dont get religion involved, its the people, not the religion
    This is where you are wrong, You don't use your religion to do so, but many do. Don't be naive, everybody knows it's happening all over, I have experienced it plenty of times myself. It might happen as often in the places you come, but the muslims I see in our big cities certainly aren't as nice of a muslim as you are. And they do base their aggression towards other religions, gay or any other type of 'different' person on their religion
    Last edited by slugheady; 05-15-2014 at 12:05 AM.

12. The following 5 users say thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Cobra (05-15-2014), Eddie (05-15-2014), Lorrainé (05-15-2014), mr guy (05-15-2014), ossiegassie (05-15-2014)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information