Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    oi Blake

Thanks
    Originally Posted by KoVuMASA View Post
    thats wierd,

pretty sure u started giving me shit first in this thread?

i just posted my opinion which is asked for on this thread and you start giving me shit.

**** you retard.
    lol your a sensitive little bitch if you took what I said as offensive, you really need to learn to not be a punk lmfao.

and stop calling other people retards when you obviously aren't very bright yourself
    Decided to burn a lot of calories today, so I set a fat kid on fire.

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    You are using extremists to make your point, that is a very slippery slope. I could say that since Stalin was a atheist that he had no respect for human life so bam, there goes the lives of 60 million Russians; I could say that atheism is the reason Mao Zedong attributed to the death of 67 million Chinese people. Most people don't even recognize the Westboro Babtist Church as a sect of Christianity, let alone as a shining example of what religion is; You might as well put them right in line with The Branch Davidians or Jonestown.

As for Religion being harmful to science I firmly disagree. Science is the study of questioning every probable outcome, of proving something doesn't work, and in that respect is not religion perfect? Religion has driven scientist to study the stars, the earth, and life itself if only to change the assumptions of the public. If there were not people to question every theory made, we would be set thousands of years.

This debate is not about atheism being better than religion or Islamic beliefs being more solid than Christianity, it is about principle. Religion is a decision made by every single individual on a fundamental and moralistic level, it becomes not only a choice, but a reason for living. People continually argue over sexism, sexualism, or racism, over wealth, education, and livelihood, but when it comes to religion the most liberal minds freeze and begin to question "why" and "how". I do not understand this at all. Why do we segregate each other based on these individualistic beliefs and understandings. I may not believe in the same teachings as Buddhist, but why should that change how I view him as a person. His beliefs are his concern and not my own.

Summary: If you want my opinion on religion then I can give it to you in a single sentence, "If everyone just accepted that their beliefs are as unique as their fingerprint the world would be a much better place."

Instead of arguing over whether John should eat pork or not, how about we collectively do something we all can agree on, like I don't know, curing kids with cancer or something.
    No not at all. stalin didn't use atheism as an excuse to do the things he did. alot of theist do this. Did you ever see an atheist suicide bomber trying to scare people into atheism? I dont think so. when you take away the ability to question what you are told you open your mind for the unthinkable. Religion takes away the reason to think for yourself. Heaven and Hell is just a scam to scare people into believing.

personally i dont understand why you still need religion. we can explain the beauty and wonders of nature in a way that actually makes sense.

but whatever the outcome if this debate.. religions in the western world are dying. We live in the age of science, reason and logic. Technology is expanding quickly and we need alot of people educated to invent our future. I see this happening much faster without religion.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information