Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    How did a religion start? A religion is basically just a group of people who believe in something, whether it's a myth or not.
    I guess some people just like to be part of a group.

Now my personal opinion about religions is that I don't see the point of it. It's all a bunch of made up stuff and stories.
    Also I hate the fact that many people are usually forced to their religion as a baby/young child.

I also think it's stupid that you are not allowed to do or eat certain things because of your religion or in some cases that it can change your point of view on something.

That doesn't mean that I think about a person differently because of his/her religion, as long as you don't bother me about it I'm totally okay with it.
    practically my point of view but it goes way more in depth than that

Lemonish's Avatar Equality.

Thanks
    Religion is just an idea that the human had created for himself in order to keep the system going, sadly though, it has brought much chaos to the whole world.
    You could talk for hours about it, about how God exists and how he is true. But from my point of view, it's a good idea with wrong leadership. Nowadays religion is used to identify an enemy, or to give certain stereotypes about certain groups of people (such as the hatred towards gay people) which is inappropriate.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    How did a religion start? A religion is basically just a group of people who believe in something, whether it's a myth or not.
    I guess some people just like to be part of a group.

Now my personal opinion about religions is that I don't see the point of it. It's all a bunch of made up stuff and stories.
    Also I hate the fact that many people are usually forced to their religion as a baby/young child.

I also think it's stupid that you are not allowed to do or eat certain things because of your religion or in some cases that it can change your point of view on something.
    this is why i dont like ppl judging religions without researching about them, there are reasons on why we dont 'eat or drink' some of those to know why they're prohibited, and no when you're a kid you're not forced to choose THAT religion, you're actually meant to understand each religion's point of view to understand why and which is the true religion, that's all im gonna say
    Last edited by Taint; 05-14-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    this is why i dont like ppl judging religions without researching about them, there are reasons on why we dont 'eat or drink' some of those to know why they're prohibited, and no when you're a kid you're not forced to choose THAT religion, you're actually meant to understand each religion's point of view to understand why and which is the true religion, that's all im gonna say
    It differs from a place to another, on how religions are taken into consideration. That was your point of view.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lemonish View Post
    Religion is just an idea that the human had created for himself in order to keep the system going, sadly though, it has brought much chaos to the whole world.
    You could talk for hours about it, about how God exists and how he is true. But from my point of view, it's a good idea with wrong leadership. Nowadays religion is used to identify an enemy, or to give certain stereotypes about certain groups of people (such as the hatred towards gay people) which is inappropriate.
    that's where you're wrong, religions dont target people (at least in mine) we don't target anybody even the homosexuals, it is said that its wrong and what not but we as heterosexuals we werent told to hate and beat up gay people for being who they are, am i right? have you seen a muslim in the street calling out a man who's different in his sexual orientation? because i havent Oo

Camel's Avatar Destructive Death

Country
    Thanks
    Everybody knows there's a God who created us and gave us the chance to have a life on the earth For reconstruction.

عيسى(Jesus) is the christians prophet..

موسى(Mosa) is the jew prophet..

محمد(Mohammad) is the islam prophet..

If at any extent object to this conversation is an infidel.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Cleaned thread of troll/ offtopic comments.

This is the debate section, take your "LOL"s to the offtopic section.

Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    inb4hate
    nohateformychristianbrothers
    promotepeace
    jack this is the thing i was telling you about, please watch and thank you

no hateful comments, im srs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uUNdnWXq0

im not posting anything else so that i dont offend some people in this community Oo whoever is interested in listening to deedat let me know
    Taint, this man is basically making mockery upon the Christian community and as I recall he was defending himself against a 'Christian' that has not read the bible... I can point out a few things from the Qu'ran from what I have read which really confused me as they say it is a religion of peace. Not trying to start a war but honestly, as I have studied that there are two major variants of the Muslim religion. The Shia's and the Sunni's. I have a lot of Muslim friends and we have certain discussions. Can you please explain this:

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

I've spoken to my Sunni friends about this quote. I asked them what is it in the middle east that cause commotions between Christians and Jews. In other words, why are there so many civil wars or bombings etc... Why is it in the Qu'ran it says such statements if you claim yourselves to be the religion of peace? And for those Christians which don't know/have studied Christianity and use the religion as a title to cover up for their 'mistakes' shouldn't be involved in this conversation. I'm interested in your response. (No hate)
    Tomorrow comes today

Thanks
    that's where you're wrong, religions dont target people (at least in mine) we don't target anybody even the homosexuals, it is said that its wrong and what not but we as heterosexuals we werent told to hate and beat up gay people for being who they are, am i right? have you seen a muslim in the street calling out a man who's different in his sexual orientation? because i havent Oo
    There are a lot of attacks on the homosexuals and it is so wrong and irritating. If it comes to the point where I need to blame someone/something, it would be religion, it's what started the "gays are wrong" kind of thing, and then it continued through parents to children and some people are happy with the idea. It is so not human.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lemonish View Post
    There are a lot of attacks on the homosexuals and it is so wrong and irritating. If it comes to the point where I need to blame someone/something, it would be religion, it's what started the "gays are wrong" kind of thing, and then it continued through parents to children and some people are happy with the idea. It is so not human.
    then dont get religion involved, its the people, not the religion

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information