Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lemonish View Post
    There are a lot of attacks on the homosexuals and it is so wrong and irritating. If it comes to the point where I need to blame someone/something, it would be religion, it's what started the "gays are wrong" kind of thing, and then it continued through parents to children and some people are happy with the idea. It is so not human.
    The thing is, people generalize all of Christianity and do not acknowledge the understanding that there are other 'variants' of the religion, to be the same. I know in America that there are a lot of 'Westboro Baptist Church' that go around and saying bad things about other sub-cultures or religions which embarrass themselves on what they do or say which really frigging frustrates me. They undertake actions which are anti-christian and contradict themselves by miles which give other believers/atheists a bad perception on overall Christianity. You just need to be aware of who you speak to in reality, not only on Christians, but other religions as some know nothing and just 'speak' of things.
    Tomorrow comes today

Lemonish's Avatar Equality.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    then dont get religion involved, its the people, not the religion
    Where do people get their "wrong and right" from, it all started from religion then it became something so natural to call gays wrong. However, I don't wanna fight with you over something so unchangeable, it is truly ridiculous. I respect your faith and I am okay with it as long as you're also calling yourself a christian and supporting equality (or at least not hating on it)

Originally Posted by Abasena View Post
    Taint, this man is basically making mockery upon the Christian community and as I recall he was defending himself against a 'Christian' that has not read the bible... I can point out a few things from the Qu'ran from what I have read which really confused me as they say it is a religion of peace. Not trying to start a war but honestly, as I have studied that there are two major variants of the Muslim religion. The Shia's and the Sunni's. I have a lot of Muslim friends and we have certain discussions. Can you please explain this:

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

I've spoken to my Sunni friends about this quote. I asked them what is it in the middle east that cause commotions between Christians and Jews. In other words, why are there so many civil wars or bombings etc... Why is it in the Qu'ran it says such statements if you claim yourselves to be the religion of peace? And for those Christians which don't know/have studied Christianity and use the religion as a title to cover up for their 'mistakes' shouldn't be involved in this conversation. I'm interested in your response. (No hate)
    I am an Arab who lives in Israel and this is the current situation and I am sad. I am really sad. THESE ARE KIDS.

Never in my life have I disrespected a Jew or treated him inappropriately and yet, this is all we get in return.
    Last edited by Lemonish; 05-14-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Banned

Thanks
    people who try to scientifically prove whether religion exists or not are ****ing idiots, it's something personal, every person chooses what to believe in themselves

also do we really have to start about this again? this thread has been made countless of times before
    Last edited by mr guy; 05-14-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Taint, this man is basically making mockery upon the Christian community and as I recall he was defending himself against a 'Christian' that has not read the bible... I can point out a few things from the Qu'ran from what I have read which really confused me as they say it is a religion of peace. Not trying to start a war but honestly, as I have studied that there are two major variants of the Muslim religion. The Shia's and the Sunni's. I have a lot of Muslim friends and we have certain discussions. Can you please explain this:

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

I've spoken to my Sunni friends about this quote. I asked them what is it in the middle east that cause commotions between Christians and Jews. In other words, why are there so many civil wars or bombings etc... Why is it in the Qu'ran it says such statements if you claim yourselves to be the religion of peace? And for those Christians which don't know/have studied Christianity and use the religion as a title to cover up for their 'mistakes' shouldn't be involved in this conversation. I'm interested in your response. (No hate)
    you misunderstood it like the rest who did, ive had the question a lot and im glad you came up to me with this
    this basically means that you cant guide one to the right but god can only do (please continue on reading, it doesnt mean god doesnt want him to be a muslim or be guided in the right direction), it makes more sense in arabic than it does in english if you know what i mean, and the verse is a bit mixed btw, thats not the exact meaning of it, the real meaning of the verse itself meanst (for example) if you were married lets say to a buddhist or a guy who has a different religion that you do, it is hard for you to convince him unless god shows up for him to convert or what not, this is a close-up to what the meaning actually is

people tend to block any outer ideas and be close minded rather than actually listening to other people's explanation, with this being said, that's what god meant by making one guided to the right direction

Country
    Thanks
    Where do people get their "wrong and right" from, it all started from religion then it became something so natural to call gays wrong. However, I don't wanna fight with you over something so unchangeable, it is truly ridiculous. I respect your faith and I am okay with it as long as you're also calling yourself a christian and supporting equality (or at least not hating on it)

I am an Arab who lives in Israel and this is the current situation and I am sad. I am really sad. THESE ARE KIDS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMI4gbSOSVI

Never in my life have I disrespected a Jew or treated him inappropriately and yet, this is all we get in return.
    Never in YOUR life. Can I say something? Who is it to blame overall, religion? or the mentality of the parents. I think it's the parents. EDUCATION is important. Did you hear what that child had said? He wants to be just like his father. Parenting in not the correct way corrupts a child's mind. Leaving them behind uneducated in adapt into that whole 'war' imagination. I must say something, I can provide a video which honestly, I don't want to even bring this up. There are Muslim kids too who have literally cut a mans head off and screaming the words of 'God is great'... You can't press the blame amongst religions when in reality it's just parents. And obviously if the parents are uneducated, the child will be too. That's just life. You have to break the chains from a corrupt mentality and go discover things yourself. You can't reply on anybody, you must be dependent. And as far as I'm concern, humans are naturally born dependent.
    Tomorrow comes today

Thanks
    Never in YOUR life. Can I say something? Who is it to blame overall, religion? or the mentality of the parents. I think it's the parents. EDUCATION is important. Did you hear what that child had said? He wants to be just like his father. Parenting in not the correct way corrupts a child's mind. Leaving them behind uneducated in adapt into that whole 'war' imagination. I must say something, I can provide a video which honestly, I don't want to even bring this up. There are Muslim kids too who have literally cut a mans head off and screaming the words of 'God is great'... You can't press the blame amongst religions when in reality it's just parents. And obviously if the parents are uneducated, the child will be too. That's just life. You have to break the chains from a corrupt mentality and go discover things yourself. You can't reply on anybody, you must be dependent. And as far as I'm concern, humans are naturally born dependent.
    Is it in the human nature to hate his kind? I don't think so.
    Oh and by the way you are right I am not wishing for "Arabs > Jews" I am instead for, "Arabs = Jews". And yes, there are Arabs who are terrorists and what not. But that was the point of my first/second post. It is religion that created this "Arab Jews" unbelievably sad situation, or is it not?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    you misunderstood it like the rest who did, ive had the question a lot and im glad you came up to me with this
    this basically means that you cant guide one to the right but god can only do (please continue on reading, it doesnt mean god doesnt want him to be a muslim or be guided in the right direction), it makes more sense in arabic than it does in english if you know what i mean, and the verse is a bit mixed btw, thats not the exact meaning of it, the real meaning of the verse itself meanst (for example) if you were married lets say to a buddhist or a guy who has a different religion that you do, it is hard for you to convince him unless god shows up for him to convert or what not, this is a close-up to what the meaning actually is

people tend to block any outer ideas and be close minded rather than actually listening to other people's explanation, with this being said, that's what god meant by making one guided to the right direction
    I don't mean to be disrespectful but how can someone provide peace amongst the world if they are only being close-minded or in other words, concentrated about one specific religion? Since yonks, humanity has departed and always has been. Perfection is a word overly used now days and that verse looks like it is what it is saying. That's almost impossible on earth. I mean, I've had friends with a Muslim father and Christian mother. Half Lebanese and Australian. They grew up to be the most humble people. What difference does it make with other cultures/religions? Because we are 'different'? This is what I don't understand. In order to create peace we must begin to analyse ourselves. What is wrong with what I do or say is always the first question that must come to someone's mind in reality.

Oh and by the way you are right I am not wishing for "Arabs > Jews" I am instead for, "Arabs = Jews". And yes, there are Arabs who are terrorists and what not. But that was the point of my first/second post. It is religion that created this "Arab Jews" unbelievably sad situation, or is it not?
    Like I have stated, it's education.
    Last edited by Lorrainé; 05-14-2014 at 11:20 PM.
    Tomorrow comes today

Banned

Thanks
    no it isn't

ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    problem with people criticizing religion today is that theyre quoting from a book 1500+ years ago and compare it to modern society. you have to realize that things were different back then, morals were different, situations were different, people were different. religion evolves with the people.

every religion has been shit upon by others, and with each extra religion it gets worse. jews always have been shit upon, christians have been shit upon during roman times and muslims are shit upon now. each religion also had its own extremist group/terrorists. jews had the sicarii and co, christians had KKK and co, muslims have al-qaeda now.

religious people get generalized too fast, and its always the loud minority that they get based upon. i have no idea where im going with this, but im posting it anyway to defend religion

10. The following 2 users say thank you to ZAIN for this useful post:

Eddie (05-14-2014), Lorrainé (05-14-2014)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by mr guy View Post
    no it isn't
    Wrong answer kind sir. Oh yes religion's purpose was to preach and teach peace and whatever, but oh wow we are 2014 and religion today is what the video I have posted.
    Fathers were supposed to take religion as something, but they took it as something else, completely different. Leading to say, religion is being used in a complete wrong way, yet it is called a religion, which doesn't make sense. Which makes it chaotic and NOT really a true "religion".

HOWEVER I am done discussing this, because it is too late for us to identify ourselves as "humans", nevertheless it is a beautiful thought, to live as a human and nothing more nothing less.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information