Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    Not to mention, Lemonish, your ethnicity shouldn't be the only ethnicity to be sorrowful of what is occurring. From what I recall, there we have the whole massacre of the Native American Indians for land. The 'Stolen-generation' of the Indigenous Australians (Aboriginals) where they were forced to steal their children and "out-breed" them to marrying white people to "clean off" that ethnicity also for land. There are a lot more I can say, even my own culture. You can't blame religion. It's GREED.
    Tomorrow comes today

Underground's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    smoke meth hail satan

3. The following user said thank you to Underground for this useful post:

Eddie (05-15-2014)

Lemonish's Avatar Equality.

Thanks
    I started talking about the hate towards the gay people. You started talking about something else.
    Anyway, my point is, don't you think, that if there were no religions humans would fight MUCH less?

Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lemonish View Post
    I started talking about the hate towards the gay people. You started talking about something else.
    Anyway, my point is, don't you think, that if there were no religions humans would fight MUCH less?
    You also carried out the conversation with that video, do not blame it on us and I already answered your question. And for the second question, we'll never find the answer for that.
    Tomorrow comes today

ZoneStyle's Avatar Think less, live more

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lemonish View Post
    lol what? then explain me about your video, how the video supposed to be about gays etc.
    But yes, I agree.

Fall down seven times,
    stand up eight
    Turn the pain into power

oi Blake

Thanks
    I've read some very interesting and some straight up stupid responses to this so I'll just throw my thoughts on this in here aswell.

I think religion is something that may have started as a very pure and innocent attempt at people trying to live by a code that made them better humans (no killing, no stealing, etc.) but lately religion has turned into a mass brainwashing cult. I say religion in general because if I mention a single religion, people with persecution complexes will start freaking out.

Religion is now used as a way to profiteer off of people who seek comfort in a group environment, I'm mainly talking about bigger establishments here. Huge churches/mosques/temples are focued on nothing but profit and religion is a great way to make some profit, I'm not saying every religious establishment is like this, there are still lots of small establishments that focus on nothing other than teaching humans to be better humans.

I think the basic messages and teachings of religion are very good for us but the way it is used now, as a way to just extort money out of people, is disgusting.
    Decided to burn a lot of calories today, so I set a fat kid on fire.

8. The following user said thank you to MadameDeath for this useful post:

Lorrainé (05-15-2014)

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by MadameDeath View Post
    I've read some very interesting and some straight up stupid responses to this so I'll just throw my thoughts on this in here aswell.

I think religion is something that may have started as a very pure and innocent attempt at people trying to live by a code that made them better humans (no killing, no stealing, etc.) but lately religion has turned into a mass brainwashing cult. I say religion in general because if I mention a single religion, people with persecution complexes will start freaking out.

Religion is now used as a way to profiteer off of people who seek comfort in a group environment, I'm mainly talking about bigger establishments here. Huge churches/mosques/temples are focued on nothing but profit and religion is a great way to make some profit, I'm not saying every religious establishment is like this, there are still lots of small establishments that focus on nothing other than teaching humans to be better humans.

I think the basic messages and teachings of religion are very good for us but the way it is used now, as a way to just extort money out of people, is disgusting.
    I don't know about that though, I think you describe a very small portion that use it that way. Majority of the religious people don't actually intend to harm in any kind like that, well thats what 'I' think.

oi Blake

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    I don't know about that though, I think you describe a very small portion that use it that way. Majority of the religious people don't actually intend to harm in any kind like that, well thats what 'I' think.
    Not a small portion, The majority of LARGE establishments make an insane amount of money (that is tax free for some stupid reason). Well I dont know how much this applies to your area but think about the biggest church/mosque in your state/province and imagine 1-2 thousand people going through it daily. I think 1-2k might be a bit low but lets just go with it. Imagine if 50% of them are devout enough to donate, I know that in Islam you have to give a percentage of your wealth, monthly, Christianity also requires/encourages you to donate but I dont think it is as commonplace to donate as it is in Islam. Just think about all of that money, not to mention the insane amount of tax benefits of running a religious establishment.

There are still places that focus on religion and their god's teachings but I think most of the bigger establishments are in it for nothing but the money.
    Last edited by MadameDeath; 05-15-2014 at 12:32 AM.

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by MadameDeath View Post
    Not a small portion, The majority of LARGE establishments make an insane amount of money (that is tax free for some stupid reason). Well I dont know how much this applies to your area but think about the biggest church/mosque in your state/province and imagine 1-2 thousand people going through it daily. I think 1-2k might be a bit low but lets just go with it. Imagine if 50% of them are devout enough to donate, I know that in Islam you have to give a percentage of your wealth, monthly, Christianity also requires/encourages you to donate but I dont think it is as commonplace to donate as it is in Islam. Just think about all of that money, not to mention the insane amount of tax benefits of running a religious establishment.

There are still places that focus on religion and their god's teachings but I think most of the bigger establishments are in it for nothing but the money.
    Yeah, in that regard you're right. But the ones that profit from all of that are just a small portion of the entire religious human. But there is more to it then just that profit you're talking about. I don't know to how many different countries or cities you've been, but if you like culture then you've seen the enormous churches in there as well. They sure do cost money. Not too long ago, the church my girlfriend used to go to had to be closed because they didn't receive enough donations in order to maintain the building. And that was just a small one. Yeah you're most likely right that a lot of money is being wasted on the wealth for a few, but don't just point black call the majority profiteers.

oi Blake

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Yeah, in that regard you're right. But the ones that profit from all of that are just a small portion of the entire religious human. But there is more to it then just that profit you're talking about. I don't know to how many different countries or cities you've been, but if you like culture then you've seen the enormous churches in there as well. They sure do cost money. Not too long ago, the church my girlfriend used to go to had to be closed because they didn't receive enough donations in order to maintain the building. And that was just a small one. Yeah you're most likely right that a lot of money is being wasted on the wealth for a few, but don't just point black call the majority profiteers.
    I call the majority of large establishments profiteers, and I still stand by this statement.

But in terms of all religious buildings out there, this is most likely not a huge majority because there are a lot of great small establishments out there. The small establishments are starved for money BECAUSE of the larger establishments. The church your girlfriend went to was most likely in the vicinity of a larger church that was "sucking up" all of the funds of the populations, just a guess.
    Last edited by MadameDeath; 05-15-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information