Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shank's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Can we make it un-reportable if someone is lagging in a public room such as tdm (everything except cw)
    The reason people report for forcelag in a cw is because you can't /kick a player, where as you can in a public room...
    put your /kick command to work instead of going through all the trouble of reporting someone in a public room.

Would also save gm's a lot of time because we all know they are extremely busy..

2. The following user said thank you to Shank for this useful post:

Camel (05-21-2014)

Camel's Avatar Destructive Death

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shank View Post
    Can we make it un-reportable if someone is lagging in a public room such as tdm (everything except cw)
    The reason people report for forcelag in a cw is because you can't /kick a player, where as you can in a public room...
    put your /kick command to work instead of going through all the trouble of reporting someone in a public room.

Would also save gm's a lot of time because we all know they are extremely busy..
    i agree with you.

also whom are reporting for spamming or even begging '-'

they could just tell them stop spamming or stop begging or i'm reporting you.

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    players still can get on alternatives

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    The fact is that when a player is asked to fix something and doesn't do it and continues, he SHOULD be punished. Kicking a player would be simply saying "Go lag in another room and piss off those people instead".

By punishing, we make an attempt for users NOT to repeat the offense. Of course it won't always work that way, but we have to do what we have to do. If they don't learn their lesson, that's their problem.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    The fact is that when a player is asked to fix something and doesn't do it and continues, he SHOULD be punished. Kicking a player would be simply saying "Go lag in another room and piss off those people instead".

By punishing, we make an attempt for users NOT to repeat the offense. Of course it won't always work that way, but we have to do what we have to do. If they don't learn their lesson, that's their problem.
    Like people care that they get warned and eventually banned lawl , they can just make a new account and continue so u might aswell just kick him , saves our time and also yours.

7. The following user said thank you to Mike for this useful post:

SuperShotty (05-22-2014)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post

wat.
    You wanna teach players a lesson? in most cases they didn't even choose to lag, I think it's ridiculous that you're serving out warnings when the players could just kick him if they actually cared about their lag.

And in a lot of cases, they can't fix their lag, which is why theyre in public rooms and not cw's.

μ

Country
    Thanks
    wat.
    You wanna teach players a lesson? in most cases they didn't even choose to lag, I think it's ridiculous that you're serving out warnings when the players could just kick him if they actually cared about their lag.

And in a lot of cases, they can't fix their lag, which is why theyre in public rooms and not cw's.
    Which is why it is mandatory for the players to be informed about their lag in the replay/screenshots.

Moath's Avatar PlayersKing

Thanks

Nope They are not busy at all stupid
    Spoiler!

Thanks
    Just because they can't fix it, doesn't mean they don't know about it...?
    i'm missing your point

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Just because they can't fix it, doesn't mean they don't know about it...?
    i'm missing your point
    You do realize that lagging/spiking provides somewhat of an advantage for players, right? My point is, if they're aware of it and unable to fix it, get better internet. Besides only a small minority of people actually bother to report laggers in deathmatches/team deathmatches. If you go into a deathmatch at this very moment, you're bound to find someone spiking/lagging.

Personally, after my ISP change around a year ago my internet became horrible. I lagged continuously so I stuck to training rooms instead. Sure it was pretty annoying getting reported for something which was out of my control but it's not hard to understand that you gain a quite a large advantage by lagging.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information