Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    People complain that religion is the reason for many of the issues in the world, and I agree that has a place in this argument, but in my head it is a reaction, not the cause. The reason people have died and started wars over which deity to serve is NOT the religion's fault, it is the core of humanity. The conscious love to think that others are like them, this drives them to argue their points, and alas, resort to violence in some instances. The only thing religion is at fault for is for being a topic that people feel passionate about; that they allow to become a major portion of their life.

If religion's only fault is that people feel passion by having it, is that really a fault at all?

Also if we have this aspect of religion, aren't any topics we allow to become a major factor in our choices just as dangerous?
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 06-07-2014 at 03:12 PM.

2. The following user said thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

Michi (07-05-2014)

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Inb4dramastarts.

OT:
    I don't really care about people's religion as long as they are nice and are not being racist towards other religions.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

4. The following 3 users say thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

Astronomist (06-07-2014), Juriėn (06-07-2014), Lemonish (06-07-2014)

Corque's Avatar The New Guy

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    If religion's only fault is that people feel passion by having it, is that really a fault at all?

Also if we have this aspect of religion, aren't any topics we allow to become a major factor in our choices just as dangerous?
    This is what I was going to reply, any topic which becomes heart-felt or a major factor in life can become a problem (e.g. money), as money alone causes rifts between people and even family, those who don't have it can have suffering lives and stressful lives making ends meet every day, whereas those who have money potentially lead less-stressed lives, due to being financially comfortable.

Now regarding religion, we cannot blame it on everything, they're extremists in every aspect of life, whether you're an Islamic extremist, a feminist or even an extremists regarding Star Wars. In a world with 6-7 billion humans, with the help from the media, negativity is always going to be a fundamental problem. I read a book a few years ago (I'll try find the title), which slated everything to do with Religion, but for the benefit of Religion, if that makes sense? The book itself crucified the parts of religion which cause problems, such as in the Bible it says (not word for word here): Any child who dies before it is baptized goes to hell, if a child is baptized then dies, it goes to heaven. These little things can cause rifts between religion.

But with myself being an ideal person in a non-ideal world, I always question: Aren't the religions just the same? It's like us all loving Avengers Assemble, but loving different super-heroes. We don't fight about it, with religion, they believe they're protected by God, that there is a God, who does marvelous things.

Quick edit @ George:

Same, as long as your religion doesn't interfere with my life and you say I'm wrong and you're correct, idgaf.

Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely &lt;/3

Thanks
    Yes religion is to blame for alot of stuff.

People choose to believe because they they are affraid or aren't able to understand that there isn't anything after death.

Everyone who does something out of name of their religion should be shot dead to prevent more deaths.

Good example:
    Al qaida

7. The following user said thank you to Steff for this useful post:

Kira (06-07-2014)

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    If you are stupid enough to think a fairy tail is real and enact stuff that is written in the respective "holy" book aka the fairy tail ... then yes, religion is at fault.
    Nobody has anything against the people that just do their thing but there is a problem when you go about killing people or stoning people because they dont like your favorite fairy.
    All these arbitrary rules in religion, that are taken serious and are practiced SOLELY because its said so in what ever religious book.
    Say, stoning women who dont run around in burkas, women arent aloud to go places, have to walk behind their husbands etc. the western religions have a fair share of stupid shit aswell, not saying its just the east thats bonkers.

You cant just dismiss religion as not being at fault for all the cruel and bad things that happen in the world.
    Though i agree that humanity is rotten from the inside and mroe and more comes to the surface the more the world gets accesible via internet etc.
    Youd often think that the world has gone to shit (well it has) but for the most part you are just more aware of the shit thats going on, due to the internet and other media outlets.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Youd often think that the world has gone to shit (well it has) but for the most part you are just more aware of the shit thats going on, due to the internet and other media outlets.
    Like stories showing people tracking their Call of Duty opponents address and killing them over an internet argument.
    So sad...

I agree with you about Religion: I think it's a book which just went wrong. Imagine in 500 years everybody started acting like Harry Potter, saying Hogwarts was a school for rich, special, super-human race children.

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Religion can be compared to norms and values in my opinion, which is indeed equal to the core of humanity. Maybe religion cannot be a direct blame for wars since religion is something personal for each individual, regardless of being Christian, Muslim or believing in anything else. But I do think that religion is used as an argument to start wars, especially by extremists such as the jihad.

The wars that have happened in the past and are still ongoing would still have happened if there was no religion, because the norms and values of the people are different. It's a really complicated question which couldn't be answered by a simple yes or no, well thats what 'I' think.

Originally Posted by Corque View Post
    Like stories showing people tracking their Call of Duty opponents address and killing them over an internet argument.
    So sad...

I agree with you about Religion: I think it's a book which just went wrong. Imagine in 500 years everybody started acting like Harry Potter, saying Hogwarts was a school for rich, special, super-human race children.
    You just compared the holy books to a harry potter novel? You sir, are quite dumb The context of those books are totally different.
    Last edited by slugheady; 06-07-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Lemonish's Avatar Equality.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    You just compared the holy books to a harry potter novel? You sir, are quite dumb The context of those books are totally different.
    Let's not ignore the fact that Harry Potter is a holy book.

12. The following user said thank you to Lemonish for this useful post:

Corque (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Religion can be compared to norms and values in my opinion, which is indeed equal to the core of humanity. Maybe religion cannot be a direct blame for wars since religion is something personal for each individual, regardless of being Christian, Muslim or believing in anything else. But I do think that religion is used as an argument to start wars, especially by extremists such as the jihad.

The wars that have happened in the past and are still ongoing would still have happened if there was no religion, because the norms and values of the people are different. It's a really complicated question which couldn't be answered by a simple yes or no, well thats what 'I' think.

No, what I said was:

My opinion in the bible is that it's a book which has gone wrong.
    People fantasized, fan-boy'd it and it went extreme. So, I gave an example of a future bible if it went the same way I opposed the Bible went, e.g. Harry Potter.
    I don't think I'm "quite dumb" - you just jumped to conclusions and read what you wanted to read.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    religion is made to crowd control

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information