41 45.05%
  • No

34 37.36%
  • From tdm's duel halls only

16 17.58%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    so basicly dave you are going to do nothing at all. well i dont think i just speak for myself now if I say that if nothing changes im out. I want to play fgunz but fgunz is no more. its Ezgunz now

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Vickachu for this useful post:

KoVuMASA (06-10-2014), Ommadawn (06-10-2014), Steff (06-10-2014)

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I count 30/21/11, not 40/20 lol.

Anyway even though I don't like the roomtags, I have to vote for no since it's a big part of the game now. It's like suddenly removing anti-lead.
    Of course the people who CW, duel and play in TDM may not like it, but it is what it is.

Feel free to suggest a good replacement or modification of this roomtag though.
    The fact that [R] is a big part of the game now doesn't mean it is a good thing. Sure, I can see the benefits and the fun of it, but it has more disadvantages than advantages. Today when you join a room with [R] and [IA], all you need to know is how to aim well(or you can just spam like there is no tomorrow). But before, it was different ; You actually needed to know how to play smart. As someone said, and I'm quoting : "How are they gonna learn to play at the skill level of the good players on this server when gunz is made so easy for them." [R] completely destroys the gameplay.
    And no, it's not like suddenly removing the anti-lead. The skilled people and the oldgens love oldschool, and the newgens love the way it is now. This is how you want people to remember Freestyle Gunz? As a server where newgens spray bullets like there is no tomorrow because it's "fun" and it makes easy life?

It's not so easy to find a good solution for this, but you won't find a good solution till you try it. I'm sorry for saying this, but it looks like you try to find reasons why shouldn't you remove it instead of finding reasons why should you. The best solution imo is to remove [R] from Duels/TDMs/DMs. I'm not saying to remove this roomtag completely, but why don't you try to remove it from specific game modes?

4. The following user said thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

Rash (06-10-2014)

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Vickachu View Post
    so basicly dave you are going to do nothing at all. well i dont think i just speak for myself now if I say that if nothing changes im out. I want to play fgunz but fgunz is no more. its Ezgunz now
    It's called arguing, such a big change will not just happen for no reason.

Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    The fact that [R] is a big part of the game now doesn't mean it is a good thing. Sure, I can see the benefits and the fun of it, but it has more disadvantages than advantages. Today when you join a room with [R] and [IA], all you need to know is how to aim well(or you can just spam like there is no tomorrow). But before, it was different ; You actually needed to know how to play smart. As someone said, and I'm quoting : "How are they gonna learn to play at the skill level of the good players on this server when gunz is made so easy for them." [R] completely destroys the gameplay.
    And no, it's not like suddenly removing the anti-lead. The skilled people and the oldgens love oldschool, and the newgens love the way it is now. This is how you want people to remember Freestyle Gunz? As a server where newgens spray bullets like there is no tomorrow because it's "fun" and it makes easy life?

It's not so easy to find a good solution for this, but you won't find a good solution till you try it. I'm sorry for saying this, but it looks like you try to find reasons why shouldn't you remove it instead of finding reasons why should you. The best solution imo is to remove [R] from Duels/TDMs/DMs. I'm not saying to remove this roomtag completely, but why don't you try to remove it from specific game modes?

Sure, I can see the benefits and the fun of it, but it has more disadvantages than advantages
    That's more like a personal opinion, some people may not see any disadvantages.

I'm sorry for saying this, but it looks like you try to find reasons why shouldn't you remove it instead of finding reasons why should you.
    Indeed you're right, you're supposed to convince me and the rest of the development team on why we should remove it or modify it's functionality.
    Simply stating "just remove it and see how it works out" isn't what I'm looking for.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

6. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Again (06-11-2014)

Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    add [r] to cw
    If he does that I'll go to your house and shit on your face.

It's called arguing, such a big change will not just happen for no reason.

That's more like a personal opinion, some people may not see any disadvantages.

Indeed you're right, you're supposed to convince me and the rest of the development team on why we should remove it or modify it's functionality.
    Simply stating "just remove it and see how it works out" isn't what I'm looking for.
    Yea the noobs spamming [r] alldayerryday.

Let's see.. why to remove it... hmmm..

Well, for one the skill level of this server has decreased overall.
    I see more people complaining about it rather than praising it.
    If you play the game enough you'd realize people are abusing it (but hey, what's a game mode if it can't be abused).

Personally I see a very good option that's up there.. "remove it from tdms, and duels". If you're not willing to try to remove it overall then you should at least try that, altho it'll probably take some extra coding.

Probably should call it SpamGz

To me this situation seems more like when people had complained about how op the donors were. And I'm not sure but I think there were a few polls about it, and everytime there was a poll it came out close. Because the ppl with no skill kept voting to keep them op. And if my recollection is right, you guys changed that. Now I see there's no sign of anything being op when I play.. People rarely even use the donor meds cuz they can use vials instead. (and I remember back in the day the donor meds used to go up to 45 a piece if you bought the uber ones). Point is, ommadawn isn't necessarily wrong in saying "try it and see what happens". Sometimes you gotta do that, as I'm pretty sure you did that in that situation. But who knows, I may just be talking about shit idk.

Oh and I almost forgot... the ghost set is another example HUEHEUEHUE.
    Last edited by Farmer Bashy; 06-10-2014 at 10:26 PM.

8. The following 3 users say thank you to Farmer Bashy for this useful post:

Alpha (06-10-2014), Vickachu (06-11-2014), Wanderlust (06-10-2014)

Wanderlust's Avatar Netflix & Chill

Country
    Thanks
    Ghost set was the best against u guys in artemis.^

Rash's Avatar ♣ ¶ §¡mplÿ The ßesT ♣

Country
    Thanks
    1. Poll states that much more persons wants [R] to be removed. (46/22) | (35/22/11).
    2. Fgunz had more players online before [R] was introduced.
    3. [R] ruins the game.

I think points 1 and 2 should be enough for it to be removed. But, if the opinions of the majority doesn't matter, you should let us know so we can stop wasting our time trying to get it removed. The poll has already said enough. Also, prove me wrong about the player count. If I remember correctly, before [R] was introduced on weekends there were 500 people getting online or close to it. Now it's probably 350 players on average on weekends.
    Last edited by Rash; 06-10-2014 at 10:31 PM.

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Rash View Post
    1. Poll states that much more persons wants [R] to be removed. (46/22) | (35/22/11).
    2. Fgunz had more players online before [R] was introduced.
    3. [R] ruins the game.

I think points 1 and 2 should be enough for it to be removed. But, if the opinions of the majority doesn't matter, you should let us know so we can stop wasting our time trying to get it removed. The poll has already said enough. Also, prove me wrong about the player count. If I remember correctly, before [R] was introduced on weekends there were 500 people getting online or close to it. Now it's probably 350 players on average on weekends.
    They're willing to change that what in their eyes makes the difference between this server and any other, perhaps you should take the opportunity with both hands and try to work together instead of decreasing the chance of them changing anything at all. The argument of him needing to be convinced is only fair, and thats what we should do. Also, you can't put the player count blame on just one thing, a lot of things happened as to why we got that much players, and why they slowly keep quitting.

I think the best solution, to keep everybody satisfied is to remove the [R] tag from TDM and Duel rooms. If you look at it like this: What is the purpose of TDM / Duel rooms? The duel room is easy, it's purely there to test your personal skills by going 1 on 1. The TDM is somewhat difficult, people might just play that for fun like I used to, but competitive people might want to use it as warm up. One thing that we can state is true that the [R] tag is making things easier in both occasions, therefore [R] has no reason to be in the duel room since thats purely for skill. It wouldn't harm to remove [R] from TDM as well based on the recent poll results. Other game modes can still use the tag to improve player experience in those rooms.

I think this would be a big step between a part of this community and the dev team if the above could get accomplished.

12. The following user said thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Rash (06-10-2014)

oi Blake

Thanks
    I dont really get why it can not be removed from duels and TDMs, anyone who plays these modes at all will tell you, with [r], it is not enjoyable. The amount of BRs who love [r] on this server is crazy, so I understand why it cannot be fully removed but just remove it from modes like TDM and duels, to keep your more "serious" fanbase happy.
    Decided to burn a lot of calories today, so I set a fat kid on fire.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    So the only reason you can think of to possibly motivate the removal of [R] is because someone plays the game different than you and uses the tag to it's fullest.

15. The following user said thank you to 1mike1 for this useful post:

Again (06-11-2014)

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So the only reason you can think of to possibly motivate the removal of [R] is because someone plays the game different than you and uses the tag to it's fullest.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../Miley_lol.gif
    Again the arrogant attitude, for once try to be nice and have a normal discussion instead of acting like a douche again. There are some decent arguments for both sides in here, you can do more then post some troll gif. Take an example to your admin, he at least is trying to reason with everyone, unlike you.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information