slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    I personally disagree when mods reply with 'Taken care off' in a report. One of the reasons is that you can't keep track of punishment and you don't know what happens to the other person.

For example, I reported the user Mike for flaming with cancer in the chatbox, telling people to get it etc. I reported this on 03-23-2014, and google muted him for 7 days.
    Yesterday Mike was in the chatbox, saying the exact same thing, so I reported it again. You would expect a punishment to increase when a user didn't learn from his previous one, am I right? Anyways, Jakanadin replied with 'Taken care of'. A few minutes later I saw Mike talking in the chatbox.

Now it could be that Jakanadin wasn't aware with what he did last time. Even if that was the case, I think all mods should punish the same way or at least within the same guidelines. In order to prevent why people start having questions about it, shouldn't it be better to just say how you dealt with it, because to be honest I don't trust some mods (For example Jakanadin) when he says 'Taken care of", because clearly the problem wasn't taken care of.

Phanta's Avatar ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Country
    Thanks
    I'm amazed that this mike guy aint banned. he even advertised in chatbox several times.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Phanta View Post
    I'm amazed that this mike guy aint banned. he even advertised in chatbox several times.
    I'm talking about Mike the developer guy, did he really advertise?

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I think Jakanadin is the only one using the phrase "taken care of..." and I have told him already a few times in the past that he should explain what he did instead of being vague on what he took care of (sure sometimes it is obv. but that would be only 5% of the reports at most).

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    I think Jakanadin is the only one using the phrase "taken care of..." and I have told him already a few times in the past that he should explain what he did instead of being vague on what he took care of (sure sometimes it is obv. but that would be only 5% of the reports at most).
    I know it's him, and I know PMing won't help because he's not going to listen to any of it, thats why I decided to make things public. I still hope Mike is getting a correct punishment for his actions.

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    And how does this belong in the public section in your opinion rob? ...

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    And how does this belong in the public section in your opinion rob? ...
    Because sending a PM doesn't work, and this will get more people up to date with it? I don't believe Jared is active enough for PMs either.

Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    Frankly Slug, you and me are friends. Not gonna argue with you about this. But the ways of which I take care of someone being reported, is none of anyone but me, that person, and the Administrator's(If they'd like to know) business. I'm not going to sit and tell you "Okay this is his third strike I'm gonna ban him" or anything of that nature. Your report is simply to show me that this person is doing something wrong and I need to take action on it. That's why I simply say, "Taken care of." No reason I need to explain myself yet again on this matter. I talked to Mike. He's stopped. That's all that matters. Your duty now is to go about your business, and report again if you see something again, of which I'll once again take another, more appropriate action.

Also you know nothing of my activity if you think that I'm inactive . If you've got a question or more information regarding the report of someone let me know before I take action and that may or may not result in them receiving a higher punishment. Simple as that. Now, if you'd like to talk to me further, you have me on here, Facebook, and Steam. Even if I were inactive on here, you could still message me on one of those mediums to talk. Utilize them from now on instead of publicly calling me out, please?

One final note** The way one Mod handles business might be different from another. You said that Google muted Mike back in March and that he flamed with Cancer. In your screenshot he said it one time in a phrase. I told him to stop and that if I saw it again much harsher action would be taken. We don't have a Mod log for regular Mod's. There isn't a need for one. I take personal account of EVERY single report I take action on and make a note of whose being reported and I keep it in the back of my mind. You truly needn't worry about me, my activity, or the way I take care of reports. I've been doing it since 2009. I'm not senile yet ;P.

/Locked.
    Last edited by Jakanadin; 07-07-2014 at 06:39 PM.

9. The following 2 users say thank you to Jakanadin for this useful post:

Sonji (07-09-2014), SuperShotty (07-08-2014)

Thread Information