Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Any genre. Rock, Blues, Classical, R&B, Hip-Hop/Rap, Pop, Metal, KPop, anything. Doesn't matter.

To me, regardless of the genre, the point of music is to connect to it mentally and emotionally. You could really connect and relate to the message behind a song or the references it throws in there, but I also feel like too many people think music has to be all about lyricism. So many people forget the production side of music. Sure some deep, intricate, meaningful lyrics can be beautiful, but that shouldn't solely define music and "good" songs when judging it. Nothing irks me more than when people say a song "sucks" just because it's not some deep, eye-opening song lyrically. So many people ignore a big part of what makes it music in general, the instruments. Whether it be from a real instrument or electronically produced, that's honestly the best part, IMHO. It's what really reels me in and makes me connect to the song.

What's the purpose of music to you ? Feel free to go into specific genres too if you'd like

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Charcoal's Avatar Jacob.

Thanks
    Music is something that can change my mood. It has the ability to make me feel excitement or even aggravation.
    I love music so much to a point where I can't go a day without listening to it. The reason why music is so important to me
    is because it can be anywhere at any time. Music can be the wind in the trees or the person on the side of a street in
    the city making beats with plastic buckets. (Can't stand country though, it annoys me and I don't know why).
    Last edited by Charcoal; 07-28-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Mazi's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    To me, listening to music is like going on a journey. A way for the producer or singer to express themselves and induce feelings and emotions for the listener. Personally I prefer beats or instrumentals over songs with vocals, 'cause imo you can convey much more using a beat without vocals than one with vocals.

Whatever the song may be, whether its hardcore rock to up-beat K-pop(K-POP POWER!!!) to slow ballads, I can easily fall into a trance where nothing around me matters knowing nothing will be able to hurt me. I use it as a getaway from the stresses of life

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Music personally to me has been a big aspect of my life whenever I've been through tough situations I could always change my emotions/feelings with music, their is also type of songs which give me adrenaline boosts weither its for sports/gym or even games etc.

imo music is a big part of my life especially rap but not mainstream rap even though I do listen to occasionaly I prefer more early rap such as, Tupac, Biggie, Ice Cube, Nas, Rakim, KRS-One etc but I do also listen to other genres just depends if it grabs my intrest.

but chyea

Ollypayy's Avatar LateDash Kiiiiiiiiinggggg

Thanks
    Git pumped up for dat dere 1 rep maxes brah

Thread Information