Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jash View Post
    wotfok -.-
    "In cooperation with 15 major anime production companies and manga publishers, the Japanese government will next month start a huge extermination operation against 580 foreign sites which have illegally uploaded anime and manga contents on the web without the copyright holders' permission, NHK reported on July 28. While the government has started supporting the genre as one of their important cultural exports, there appears to be no end of illegal uploading of anime and manga via pirate sites, mainly operated by Chinese. The Cultural Affairs Agency estimates the loss caused by the Chinese pirate sites last year was amounted to at least 560 billion yen (about US$ 5.5 billion).

On August 1, the government will start simultaneously sending requests to delete illegal anime and manga contents to the operators of the 580 foreign pirate sites which they have found. In addition, the operation will launch a new site to guide the fans to a legitimate site offering some 250 titles including
    the latest ones at a cost of several hundred yen."
    LOL, biggest load of shit. But then again, those imaginary numbers are made to look threatening.

Those numbers are based off of worldwide numbers, including US, EU-- whatever. They are saying they lost 5.5Billion because of encoders who BROUGHT many different series to the west by subbing them independently; and ignoring the fact that THOSE SALES WOULDN'T EXIST ANYWAYS BECAUSE THEY AREN'T AVAILABLE IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN JAPANESE-- both subbed and dubbed. Imports don't do shit if the consumer can't understand what's going on regardless, so THAT'S out of the question.

Now I understand with sites like Crunchyroll with subscription fees that, more than likely, royalties go to the creators. This is fine. But what about all the shows they can't grab ahold of? This is where the "other" groups come in and grab these shows. Now that we know this ONE show actually exists, maybe there's a possibility of foreign sales for those can CAN understand the language.

I don't understand why big companies can't grasp the concept of FREE advertisement and shove these incorrect "possible monetary gain" digits down or throats. It's the same with every other form of media-- just unfortunately if you aren't popular or lack the resources to BECOME popular, you're shit outta luck. It's how the world works.

The only thing that is happening to sales is that Japanese consumers aren't buying shit that's 10,000x (factoring the fact THEY can read/write the damn language while we can't) more available to them.

Wanna know why video games hasn't been a HUGE problem in this regard? Because foreign titles consistently become localized hence become more available. Oh my, it's as if there's a connection.

Azuki's Avatar Dazed

Country
    Thanks
    AN UPDATE REGARDING THIS ONE:

To all of those who are fearing the "purge"
    In short terms: Nothing's going to happen, and here's why.
    - The campaign will mainly focus on China (So they're basically going for the RAW uploaders, this does NOT mean the end of fansubbing, merely a slight hindrance)
    - The campaign ONLY covers 500 manga titles and ONLY 80 anime titles
    - There are no planned shutdowns and/or removals. At this point in time, the government only plans on sending out NOTICES to violators. A notice can more or less be ignored.
    Additionally, according to ANN, the campaign will only last for 5 months.
    So please, calm your horses. Nothing is going to change. The Japanese government has done this shit before.

For Nyaa website > since the server's in Sweden, they'll have problems taking it down.
    50/50 chance for those listed website to be deleted. (well it still depends on what will be the Japanese request).

Last edited by Azuki; 07-31-2014 at 07:23 AM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I hope Anime is vanished 5 evar kkkkkk

Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by traumatis3r View Post
    i dont see crunchyroll its all gud
    Crunchyroll is licensed.

Donator

Thanks
    ok.

Eragon's Avatar No Fear

Country
    Thanks
    Good

Izzat's Avatar ded

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by sakaiyuji7 View Post
    AN UPDATE REGARDING THIS ONE:

To all of those who are fearing the "purge"
    In short terms: Nothing's going to happen, and here's why.
    - The campaign will mainly focus on China (So they're basically going for the RAW uploaders, this does NOT mean the end of fansubbing, merely a slight hindrance)
    - The campaign ONLY covers 500 manga titles and ONLY 80 anime titles
    - There are no planned shutdowns and/or removals. At this point in time, the government only plans on sending out NOTICES to violators. A notice can more or less be ignored.
    Additionally, according to ANN, the campaign will only last for 5 months.
    So please, calm your horses. Nothing is going to change. The Japanese government has done this shit before.

For Nyaa website > since the server's in Sweden, they'll have problems taking it down.
    50/50 chance for those listed website to be deleted. (well it still depends on what will be the Japanese request).

https://scontent-b-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/...f2&oe=5442B230
    LOOOOOL no.25 hi jurien

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    Woow, many sites, luckily doesn't affect me, so I don't mind.

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by DuckG Izzat View Post
    LOOOOOL no.25 hi jurien
    OH SHIT, THEY DON'T DARE
    i fuk dem up

Resort's Avatar Aloha

Country
    Thanks
    i use gogoanime lel

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast