Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Jianyu's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Let's take a look at these two gamemodes from an unbiased perspective,

Gunning:

Bounce off walls
    Swing your mouse around and click
    Slash only to switch to your weapon (not even needed with yoyo)
    Highly based on hitting an area where the opponents model isn't actually at (in lead games)
    Only one player was ever good enough to use revs (dolphinrider)
    Arguably one of the worst communities in all of video gaming (only topped by EVE)
    Walk back and forth doing the following: while ammo > 0: hold fire->1 -> R -> 2 -> R
    Mostly died after ijji stopped doing competitions
    Due to the low APM + low skill (rewarded when not hitting opponent) the skill floor is nil
    Never use recoils or massives (taking out a large chunk of gameplay)
    Some guns kill people in three hits (MG's, SMG's)
    Mostly saturated with BR's and questers
    Players have low-tier degrees or none at all (Communications/Music/Liberal Arts)
    Lower IQ, present themselves in a poor light
    Players generally do not defend themselves when it's said gladiator is better, very submissive qualities.
    Enjoyed by a different age demographic, generally agreed to be around 11-15 years of age.
    Taunt to compensate for lack of intellectual stimulation/because the game mode promotes primitive behavior. (cred: Striker)
    Tend to speak/type like neanderthals

Gladiator:

Abuses the games core mechanics with animation cancels and angles
    Shows actual skill as both players are arguably "equal", as they both are in melee range
    Lag doesn't affect it too much beyond 120 ping
    Have to actually hit the character model in order to do damage
    Higher APM
    One of the best communities of all time, everybody is super friendly and helpful to each other
    Competition is healthy and alive as ever
    Requires years of practice to become any decent
    Predictability plays a huge part and only adds to the skill
    Massives and recoils are the key to defensive play, adding another player of complexity
    Takes many hits to kill an opponent
    Moves are calculated and aren't just random bouncing off walls praying you hit someone
    Largely American or western EU, a lot of players very successful in real life (physics / mathematics / CS degrees)
    Intellectually stimulating, like playing a game of chess
    Players often have higher IQ, members of organizations such as MENSA.
    Dominant personality traits in players.
    The age demographic for this mode is generally 18-25 with some exceptions, of which are generally more mature for their age.
    Bow to show honor to opponent, as it's considered civil. (cred: Striker)
    Grammatically flawless

If anybody has anymore, please share. I want this thread to be about DISCUSSION so please no trolling, trolling will be reported to the forum admin

Thank you for taking time to read my thread, I hope it's opened some minds to both gladiators and gunners out there,

Jianyu
    Last edited by Jianyu; 08-30-2014 at 11:25 PM.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Jianyu for this useful post:

Honma (08-29-2014), Striker (08-29-2014), YinStyle (08-30-2014)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Gunning > real gaming
    Gladiator > is like playing on a wii instead of xbox/playstation

4. The following 4 users say thank you to Mike for this useful post:

Cone (08-31-2014), Jash (08-29-2014), Jonathan pls (08-29-2014), SuperShotty (08-29-2014)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Miko pls View Post
    Gunning > real gaming
    Gladiator > is like playing on a wii instead of xbox/playstation
    Interesting opinion, I'll value your opinion more because you pay money for a free-to-play private server.

Clearly you must have all the answers in life.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Jianyu

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I don't get what the fk your trying to explain to the community here, are you against "gunning"? Isn't "gun" in GunZ? Weapons like sprayers/shotguns/snipers have been in GunZ for many years, why would people have to implement new situations to help balance the difference between the Gunners/Gladiators? If we want to "Gun" let us fkin "Gun". If we want to "Glad" let us fkin "Glad". No big deal, GunZ is GunZ if you don't like it, then you have to deal with it.

7. The following 2 users say thank you to Zachary for this useful post:

Azuki (08-29-2014), SuperShotty (08-29-2014)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    I don't get what the fk your trying to explain to the community here, are you against "gunning"? Isn't "gun" in GunZ? Weapons like sprayers/shotguns/snipers have been in GunZ for many years, why would people have to implement new situations to help balance the difference between the Gunners/Gladiators? If we want to "Gun" let us fkin "Gun". If we want to "Glad" let us fkin "Glad". No big deal, GunZ is GunZ if you don't like it, then you have to deal with it.
    Again this is simply discussion compiled from many threads over the years on both here, Aeria, ijji forums and that one site that's censored that starts with a G and ends with an unzfactor pre-2011. I am simply using the most commonly used arguments.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jianyu View Post
    Interesting opinion, I'll value your opinion more because you pay money for a free-to-play private server.

Clearly you must have all the answers in life.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Jianyu
    is funny cuz im rich, moneytree please.

10. The following user said thank you to Mike for this useful post:

SuperShotty (08-29-2014)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Again this is simply discussion compiled from many threads over the years on both here, Aeria, ijji forums and that one site that's censored that starts with a G and ends with an unzfactor pre-2011. I am simply using the most commonly used arguments.
    Commonly used arguments? Aeria/IJJI died quite awhile ago, so I don't think your idea's are coming from there, too many people post stupid threads like this and nothing gets solved or finished or completed unless your definitely for sure on what your talking about. And also, some of the information you listed in your first post, doesn't even validate for just Gladiator or Gunners. Like you stated, it takes years or long amounts of time to become decent, so does it to actually know how to use your shotguns or weapons or whatever "proly". Being a Gunner is also competitive, you just don't see it on an every day basis, a lot of the "pro" IJJI players are here or on other private servers.

And kid, I don't even know what the hell your talking about when you say being a Gunner brings you no where in life, I'm doing my second year of University and I'm becoming a lawyer, if you know what that is.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    Commonly used arguments? Aeria/IJJI died quite awhile ago, so I don't think your idea's are coming from there, too many people post stupid threads like this and nothing gets solved or finished or completed unless your definitely for sure on what your talking about. And also, some of the information you listed in your first post, doesn't even validate for just Gladiator or Gunners. Like you stated, it takes years or long amounts of time to become decent, so does it to actually know how to use your shotguns or weapons or whatever "proly". Being a Gunner is also competitive, you just don't see it on an every day basis, a lot of the "pro" IJJI players are here or on other private servers.

And kid, I don't even know what the hell your talking about when you say being a Gunner brings you no where in life, I'm doing my second year of University and I'm becoming a lawyer, if you know what that is.
    I was very active on both forums, and I use both arguments. Not to mention, every thread on aeria is still archived.

It's arguable that it takes "years" to become a good gunner. The system rewards you for hitting an area that the opponent isn't actually in. Not to mention, shotguns are purely RNG.

It's silly to even argue.

Edit: I will be back later to mediate discussion again! In the mean time, please do not troll each other and express your opinions in a mature fashion, or you will be reported once I return (I will not take pity on those of whom paid money so they couldn't get banned for being trolls)

Jianyu
    Last edited by Jianyu; 08-29-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I was very active on both forums, and I use both arguments. Not to mention, every thread on aeria is still archived.

It's arguable that it takes "years" to become a good gunner. The system rewards you for hitting an area that the opponent isn't actually in. Not to mention, shotguns are purely RNG.

It's silly to even argue.
    1) I said "or long amounts of time to become decent", did I not?
    2) I'm not arguing with you, you asked for a serious discussion, what the hell did you expect? A reply with a sundae and a cherry on top of it?
    3) Nobody looks at the Aeria 2010 archived threads unless they're looking for help.
    4) Your sort of idiotic to bring up the fact that people would get banned for being a troll, just because you made a thread doesn't mean people wouldn't express their opinions the way they want to when your not here.
    5) Nothing to say about me becoming a lawyer while I GunZ out? Obviously.

Metanova's Avatar No.

Country
    Thanks
    Sounds biased to me. XD

15. The following 2 users say thank you to Metanova for this useful post:

Eddie (09-01-2014), Oink (08-29-2014)

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information