Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    I don't see a need to remove snipers from DT. I see a need for people complaining about snipers to get better with different weapons.

No shit if you're going up against a sniper in DT with SGs it's gonna be more difficult. Whose problem is that ? I'd say yours.

Get good with other weapons. Stop trying to take away what makes the part of the game fun for others just because you can't kill them with the only guns you're good with.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

2. The following user said thank you to Eddie for this useful post:

Azuki (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    DT or not, no weapon should be able to 1 hit kill you from anywhere if you have so much as been slashed a single time.

Also, shotguns generally take 3 shots minimum unless you're always playing [V] and 2 shots are pretty rare.

This is why people complained about introducing snipers before they were even implemented, and it seems no one wants to admit the imbalance.

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    My problem with snipers is more along the implementation and how the balancing process went. As far as I know, revolvers were bumped up in control (the higher the control value, the worse they shoot) because, with antilead PLUS roomtags, they would be OP as they would hit so much more on-crosshair. My problem comes where ALL THE SNIPERS have 0 control and only recoil when fired-- which honestly does **** all unless you're using the Lv. 85 variant with the small delay; in which is the only case having no after-fire recoil would be ridiculously powerful.

As much as snipers annoy me, I'm still okay with them, I just don't like how they were presented on here; where revolvers were nerfed via accuracy vs. sniper's 0 control (always hits on crosshair except with wall collision)-- where a sniper is clearly stronger to the point where 2 easy/gimped shots can cause a cheap kill. I know that's how snipers should be, but on a game like gunz, there needs to be an exception somewhere if you're trying to "balance" the game.

inb4bitching about balance on a dead game.

5. The following user said thank you to Dualage for this useful post:

Traumatiser (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    I agree with the above. The sniper concept surely came through on gunz, but the balance not so much.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    My problem with snipers is more along the implementation and how the balancing process went. As far as I know, revolvers were bumped up in control (the higher the control value, the worse they shoot) because, with antilead PLUS roomtags, they would be OP as they would hit so much more on-crosshair. My problem comes where ALL THE SNIPERS have 0 control and only recoil when fired-- which honestly does **** all unless you're using the Lv. 85 variant with the small delay; in which is the only case having no after-fire recoil would be ridiculously powerful.

As much as snipers annoy me, I'm still okay with them, I just don't like how they were presented on here; where revolvers were nerfed via accuracy vs. sniper's 0 control (always hits on crosshair except with wall collision)-- where a sniper is clearly stronger to the point where 2 easy/gimped shots can cause a cheap kill. I know that's how snipers should be, but on a game like gunz, there needs to be an exception somewhere if you're trying to "balance" the game.

inb4bitching about balance on a dead game.
    first person to actually talk some truth on this thread tbh I wouldn't mind snipers if they weren't so op

Thanks
    On a side note - I never understood why type-95 was the highest level sniper in the bounty shop. It seems completely useless for practical purposes and doesn't even make sense for being the highest level sniper. I can see the concept they were aiming for, but they definitely missed the mark.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Snipers are hugely nerfed here to actually have 2 types of delay;

1. scope delay (you have to wait for the scope to be there (yes there's a small amount of delay there)
    2. delay after firing one shot.

Found this out by just trying another p-server that has snipers implemented, I could fire those snipers with high speed (a bit faster then shotgun reload shots) and 3 ammo in each sniper while being able to kill a full donor max HP/AP with 3 shots using the lowest level snipers (around 85 dmg per shot). Thats what i would call imbalanced (if not insanely imbalanced)

Originally Posted by Suggestive View Post
    On a side note - I never understood why type-95 was the highest level sniper in the bounty shop. It seems completely useless for practical purposes and doesn't even make sense for being the highest level sniper. I can see the concept they were aiming for, but they definitely missed the mark.
    I agree on the type-95 to be the most useless gun ever, you can't even get 3 hits in a row with that gun because of the huge recoil (you would be better of with a rifle)

Aether's Avatar Tryhard

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Azula View Post
    I lmao when I read this. How the F is sg op? When u fight from distance with SG it does 9 dmg...... When u stand on the other side of the map and u hit somebody with sniper the person who got hit is immediatly low. IF that sniper also has a spray or a rev it's auto win. U can block SG shots, u cannot block snipe shots. Today I got many times hit by sniper in Garden and after one hit I was always 11 hp. This was from a decent distance. That is pure bullshit and it ruins K-style. Everyone can stand from a far distance and snipe other guys. Or running in to alleys to snipe who ever follows u. Snipers always camp and run and that is so Fking lame and that makes them OP.

It ruins the game. Spray and rev are all part of the game and the weaknesses are balanced. I know randoms who get sniper when they are mad. Why? Because it's fking OP when u start running & hiding with it. U called him ignorant but you are being arrogant.
    Lol, Improve your english please, but Snipers are shit unless you have actual aim so even at a distance you need aim to get hits. Also, with shotguns you don't have the movement decrease so you can just dodge, and yet still can spam if you know how to late dash with shotguns. So honestly you laugh about what I stated because you obviously have no dodging abilities and it's impossible to block shotgun bullets just aim for the feet, it's same mechanic with snipers. So, enjoy your laugh about what I stated, but your argument isn't valid. Please, try to find a better argument.

Freestyler

Thanks
    snipers = revs but even more op so revs = useless also snipers take less skill to use than revs and revs cant 2shot from long range

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information