Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Al-Malik // The King

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by AnnaBoo View Post
    Well, since this is thread is entirely about Paul leaving and not a debate. I request a lock on this thread. This is an issue that needs to be dealt privately with those who are a part of it personally. If you want to express your concern with the staff, talk to the staff themselves since they are the ones you are talking about.
    no please don't, this is quite interesting. i even got my popcorn out.

Sterfy's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Xanxus View Post
    Actually they wouldn't.

They would trust your word to some extent of course because you've been given that responsibility by them to serve the community however if you are clearly doing something wrong then they would not support it.

I've been around for a long time and even I admit that some of my decisions have been wrong to which I have been called out on by higher staff which has been acknowledged.

I must agree to some extent that you are very hypocritical. I honestly have yet to understand exactly how you managed to become a GM; I could understand you becoming anything else of the sort that requires no interaction between yourself and the community as I'm sure you'd perform great but from what I've personally seen, your communication with the community is very abrasive, rude and of course hypocritical. You demand respect without performing deeds to be respected by. You're a member of staff which is all great and dandy but I still believe that regardless of your title you are not entitled to any form of respect automatically; you have to earn it even after the position is given to you. You are shown respect by your peers in the staff team as they all trust you with the responsibility given to you, however, the community is a different story entirely.

Long story short, you have serious issues with your behaviour in general and it's the type of behaviour I wouldn't personally enjoy seeing from someone who is meant to represent the staff team and the players from a neutral ground; a lot of things seem rather constricted from a single narrow point (being your own) with very little understanding on many other perspectives. Followed by this, you have a tendency to go on the complete offense as soon as something that even mildly offends you comes along, regardless of how many times you may have offended other people.

Don't get me wrong, you're a great person all in all and you have many plus points; as a GM, you're simply not suitable for a role like that.

You could of course object which is the typical Jurien thing to do and suggest that "Well, Dave/McSic picked me and you're not staff so your opinion doesn't matter". Well, my opinion is my opinion and whether or not you choose to acknowledge it is entirely up to you.

Listening does wonders.
    This guy for president!~

Xanxus's Avatar - QNal

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Juriën View Post
    To add on on what I said, decisions for forum mods to ban a person based on disrespect against him and his time being a staff and proven himself, is taken as a point of trust where he doesn't need the proof.
    Every action requires a solid form of evidence against it; otherwise it's deemed invalid and nothing is able to actually hold that ban.

To defend myself, that's not entirely true, I only behave rude/abrasive or w/e to the persons I've known for a long time, as ex: Stephan, Miko (before this bullshit), even paul.
    Also that's something we all do on here, we are a bunch of people in a range of 15 ~ 25 years old, don't tell me we are a team of people with super great behaviours (counts for 90% of the current staff), especially as shown in the screen shot paul gave, not only I was misbehaving.
    I completely understand that your behaviour will adjust itself in accordance to those around you; you'll have more banter with people whom you know will take no offence to it as there is that reciprocated social aspect to it but not everyone will take lightly to it. It's just that I have seen in some cases in the shoutbox that some players are treated in a rude manner, and these are players that have only barely been around so I would be making an assumption there into believing that there is no reciprocation in that sort of behaviour as there is nothing between the two of you.

I understand that talking crap and the latter is a very common thing and I'm completely aware of how it can be as I did the same too, however there is a limit to things and seeing as you are a member of staff you must behave appropriately in accordance to varying situations. GM's are the one to set example; depending on how they behave and to what degree they behave, players will do the same as they will interpret it as acceptable behaviour. If GM's step out of line or perhaps take things too far in terms of playful abuse/banter/whatever else you'd like to call it, this will influence players into thinking it's fine to do so and will perform similar acts in a different way; however, these players are punished for their actions where as members of staff who have done similar things are not; This is where "corruption" issues arise from; hence why GM's must be as professional as possible. Within the team it's all fine and fun but in terms of the community, you're in charge of managing it and believe it or not, players will in a way learn from how you perform.

Players become excited when a GM is able to swear back at them and have laughs and jokes with them and they enjoy it but there will always be moments where some take it too far, which is where a line needs to be drawn and overall it's best to avoid these things completely. If you insist on having these sorts of relationships as a member of staff then it seems unwise to take action on something that is promoted by yourself.

I do agree I may be misbehaving more than other staff, I do know that, And I did take the responsibilities when I was promoted to GM.

I do know the community is a different story, but I will never misbehave just to someone I don't know, well, not anymore.
    I used to call every new member noob or whatsoever, that's not the case anymore, not for a long time, also one of the points I had to improve.

I will never say the thing about "Dave/mcsic picked me", because they didn't, they were actually against it, and I totally understand that when it came to my behaviour (as I stated in my gm application back then), I also talked about dave to change my behaviour, and as far as I know, I improved that a lot.

It wasn't just talk, I actually changed a lot.
    That's very mature of you to accept that. You have definitely improved in many ways, but your current state is not fit for this role and I still stand by that. You may excel in others but in this moment in time, the responsibility of being a GM does not quite suit you.

I've taken a lot of offenses (regarding me and my gf) from paul etc.
    Because we were friends, from the moment he started to join in to the case where we as GM's agreed to ban miko, He started to annoy me and be persistent about the Classified information, we as staff may not expose staff situations, that was my defense and that is the truth, I told him and miko that, they kept saying we had no proof.

Fine.

After that he kept saying "burger boy" after I asked him to stop saying it, after that even miko started when I ignored paul and blocked him everywhere possible.

That was the moment when I started to ignore anything of them and wanted to stop interact with them, but that was when the point paul started to post things on my profile, which I reported for deletion.
    Hm, I understand where you're coming from. As I stated earlier, this is pretty much why a line should be drawn but through wiser alternatives rather than using your authority. In your eyes it may not seem like you have done so, but in the eyes of someone that once was able to converse with you on such a chummy level, it will which is why you should be careful with these sorts of situations.

I have managed to understand you better and the reasons why you behave as you do. Honestly in some ways it seems innocent but honestly it's best to leave this be now rather than letting it blow even further out of proportion. Set a good example, people can flame you intensely but there's a reason why you're a member of staff; you're around to diffuse situations like this even if it involves yourself and for you to solve any issues from a neutral ground at all times.

The ODD page was an interesting read so cheers for that.

Paul - You really do need to watch what you say at times, I know how you are but not everyone will perceive you in the way you perceive yourself.

4. The following user said thank you to Xanxus for this useful post:

SuperShotty (09-25-2014)

AlienZ's Avatar Fgunz player since 2009~

Thanks
    Bye D1ck figure/figher or what ever its called
    Last edited by AlienZ; 09-25-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Xanxus View Post
    Every action requires a solid form of evidence against it; otherwise it's deemed invalid and nothing is able to actually hold that ban.

I completely understand that your behaviour will adjust itself in accordance to those around you; you'll have more banter with people whom you know will take no offence to it as there is that reciprocated social aspect to it but not everyone will take lightly to it. It's just that I have seen in some cases in the shoutbox that some players are treated in a rude manner, and these are players that have only barely been around so I would be making an assumption there into believing that there is no reciprocation in that sort of behaviour as there is nothing between the two of you.

I understand that talking crap and the latter is a very common thing and I'm completely aware of how it can be as I did the same too, however there is a limit to things and seeing as you are a member of staff you must behave appropriately in accordance to varying situations. GM's are the one to set example; depending on how they behave and to what degree they behave, players will do the same as they will interpret it as acceptable behaviour. If GM's step out of line or perhaps take things too far in terms of playful abuse/banter/whatever else you'd like to call it, this will influence players into thinking it's fine to do so and will perform similar acts in a different way; however, these players are punished for their actions where as members of staff who have done similar things are not; This is where "corruption" issues arise from; hence why GM's must be as professional as possible. Within the team it's all fine and fun but in terms of the community, you're in charge of managing it and believe it or not, players will in a way learn from how you perform.

Players become excited when a GM is able to swear back at them and have laughs and jokes with them and they enjoy it but there will always be moments where some take it too far, which is where a line needs to be drawn and overall it's best to avoid these things completely. If you insist on having these sorts of relationships as a member of staff then it seems unwise to take action on something that is promoted by yourself.

That's very mature of you to accept that. You have definitely improved in many ways, but your current state is not fit for this role and I still stand by that. You may excel in others but in this moment in time, the responsibility of being a GM does not quite suit you.

Hm, I understand where you're coming from. As I stated earlier, this is pretty much why a line should be drawn but through wiser alternatives rather than using your authority. In your eyes it may not seem like you have done so, but in the eyes of someone that once was able to converse with you on such a chummy level, it will which is why you should be careful with these sorts of situations.

I have managed to understand you better and the reasons why you behave as you do. Honestly in some ways it seems innocent but honestly it's best to leave this be now rather than letting it blow even further out of proportion. Set a good example, people can flame you intensely but there's a reason why you're a member of staff; you're around to diffuse situations like this even if it involves yourself and for you to solve any issues from a neutral ground at all times.

The ODD page was an interesting read so cheers for that.
    I totally agree with you, and this post may even be a trigger to have a talk within the staff team.
    An official talk, maybe, I am going to request it, not only for myself, but I see this with a lot of staff members, which isn't wrong entirely ofcourse, but maybe we should take more care in what part we say it, as ex: staff chat is not lobby chat etc.

Making boundaries for staff, and creating staff rules according to these situations to prevent them from happening as taken for corruption (staff takes line > punishes, even thought it was triggered by themselves, or together)

This is also a thing which SHOULDN'T be needed.
    But as far as we know, the professionalism isn't actually stated, it's an unwritten rule.

You know this out of experience, and I am experiencing it now, I am sure of it.
    I am also sure most of us didn't start off professional.

Xanxus's Avatar - QNal

Country
    Thanks
    I totally agree with you, and this post may even be a trigger to have a talk within the staff team.
    An official talk, maybe, I am going to request it, not only for myself, but I see this with a lot of staff members, which isn't wrong entirely ofcourse, but maybe we should take more care in what part we say it, as ex: staff chat is not lobby chat etc.

Making boundaries for staff, and creating staff rules according to these situations to prevent them from happening as taken for corruption (staff takes line > punishes, even thought it was triggered by themselves, or together)

This is also a thing which SHOULDN'T be needed.
    But as far as we know, the professionalism isn't actually stated, it's an unwritten rule.
    Sounds reasonable. It shouldn't be a rule to begin with, it's merely something that goes hand-in-hand with the position that should be acknowledged by those applying for it.

Good stuff!

You know this out of experience, and I am experiencing it now, I am sure of it.
    I am also sure most of us didn't start off professional.
    Of course I'm aware of this. Since you have the permissions to do so, feel free to look up on my past in the staff section; I'm sure you'll find that I was not exactly deemed to be "professional". I was rather narrow minded in fact. You may learn something from it aha.

Anyway, enough of this. Whatever is between you and Paul, settle it privately.

There is no need to publicise this any further.

All the best!

8. The following 2 users say thank you to Xanxus for this useful post:

Juriën (09-25-2014), Michi (09-25-2014)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    To defend myself, that's not entirely true, I only behave rude/abrasive or w/e to the persons I've known for a long time, as ex: Stephan, Miko (before this bullshit), even paul.
    Also that's something we all do on here, we are a bunch of people in a range of 15 ~ 25 years old, don't tell me we are a team of people with super great behaviours (counts for 90% of the current staff), especially as shown in the screen shot paul gave, not only I was misbehaving.
    And that's why you end up muted a couple of times, I am happy to mute you "bitches" .

Freestyler

Thanks
    the hate and the drama you gotta love it . if i was paul i got kids and wife by my side is all that matters which something is real by his side. unlike the internet c0ugh c0ugh, and i'm in love when everyone including staffs gets into a small problem makes it big!
    Last edited by Godlike; 09-25-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Cute Nymph's Avatar Being Kunaged since 09'

Thanks
    Kunage is back wotttt

Love is a Dream

Thanks

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information