Avatus Ifrit's Avatar the Legacy of Salem
    alright, I'd been writing a story for awhile, and since putting any text posts on DeviantART is so difficult, I decided I might as well make a website if I wanted to post the story online for others to view, so I took the time to build a website for the story through wix.com( I know, lame but eh, its simple and its easy )

I just wanted to ask yall what ya think of it. here's a preview image of it o - o

just click the image to be taken to the actual website. I put up forums and chats there for people to express what they think of the website/story or to elaborate or ask questions/etc.

I am also open to opinions about the story itself, since that is what the website is made for, however if you'd like to just give me your thoughts on the website itself and the picture I did for it, that is enough for me :>

and as always, please be gentle with your criticism. I scare easily...if you've got something negative to say, I am all ears, but please don't be a **** about it . _ . that's all I ask ^-^

I am also looking for another/more songs to add to the background. I prefer something subtle and without lyrics...preferably something classic, or something similar to "Intro" by "The Xx" if anyone knows of any songs that might fit that description, I am all ears!
    Last edited by Avatus Ifrit; 11-23-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Ao's Avatar Advanced Member

Thanks
    The faces look weird

I laik fudge squirrel.

Thanks
    Don't make the story font like that, it's hard to read. Go with a classic Verdana font. It's okay for the titles though.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Indeed the font is hard to read. You could either change the font or make the font bigger. Don't have time to browse the whole site but maybe i will.
    Goodluck

Funnymaster's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    kinda weird

Rhysin's Avatar Freestyler

Thanks
    The woman's face looks manly as ****.

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    oh god.

Make Love NOT War :o.o
    I DOnt like the face of the woman xDD
    Make PEACE Not War <33

-Chris

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    I agree with everyone saying the female's face looks a bit weird. I personally think it's just the eyebrows that throw me off. I'd make them a little bit darker.

The font used is great. Don't listen to anyone telling you to change it. It makes me feel like I'm reading a handwritten story, and I personally feel handwritten things have a lot more emotion put into them. Only thing is I'd just make the font size bigger in the prologue. It is a bit difficult to read certain words. You wouldn't want your readers to have to stop every so often just because they can't read certain words. Distracts them from the story The font size you use for the chapters is fine though.

As for some music suggestions, you really can't go wrong with any song by Yiruma. It fits the same style of the one song that loops over and over again. Some of my favorites:

Spoiler!

I don't want to make any changes to your story, since after all, it's YOUR story. Everything should be how YOU want to portray it, not me. Me telling you what to do would just take away from the beauty of how it was originally supposed to be.

Other than that, everything else is great ! Nice job

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Avatus Ifrit's Avatar the Legacy of Salem
    <center>
    Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I agree with everyone saying the female's face looks a bit weird. I personally think it's just the eyebrows that throw me off. I'd make them a little bit darker.

The font used is great. Don't listen to anyone telling you to change it. It makes me feel like I'm reading a handwritten story, and I personally feel handwritten things have a lot more emotion put into them. Only thing is I'd just make the font size bigger in the prologue. It is a bit difficult to read certain words. You wouldn't want your readers to have to stop every so often just because they can't read certain words. Distracts them from the story The font size you use for the chapters is fine though.

As for some music suggestions, you really can't go wrong with any song by Yiruma. It fits the same style of the one song that loops over and over again. Some of my favorites:

I don't want to make any changes to your story, since after all, it's YOUR story. Everything should be how YOU want to portray it, not me. Me telling you what to do would just take away from the beauty of how it was originally supposed to be.

Other than that, everything else is great ! Nice job
    thank you, for being, for better lack of words, someone who truly responded to this. You brought depth into your views on what I threw out there, you told me what was wrong about the set-up, and you also explained what was great about it. That is true input right there...I hate when people just comment what was wrong with it, as if the images, story, or website style was nothing but problematic. You actually took the time to tell me what was wrong with it, as well as what you thought I did properly or well, and why you feel that way . _ .

As for everyone who says there is something wrong with the girls face, it is not an image I drew. those are real people (me and my old roomate) that are based off of the characters in the story. Here are the images, I merely manipulated them, I did not draw them...
    Original Images :

I only softened her face, and made her look younger than she is now because in the story she's about 18-19, and in real life she's about 26...that is her actual face...</center>

Thread Information