Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Real Girl

Thanks

Hello again, Freestylers World!

I know I just posted a blog so soon, but I actually just got another feature ready for testing: The Quest Metagame!

What is the Quest Metagame, and why should I care?

Well, it's a bit more complex than my last feature.

* Quest items will now have item levels associated with them, they won't work in Player Versus Player modes but will work in quest modes. I emphasize that these items cannot be used outside of Quest mode.

* These Quest Item Levels are on a linear progression scale, 1 item level = 1% more damage on a weapon that drops.

* Items also have a feature called 'Rarity', which increases the stats after item level calculations by a flat 20% per tier. The tiers of Rarity are as follows:
    -Common (White)
    -Uncommon (Green)
    -Rare (Blue)
    -Epic (Purple)
    -Legendary (Orange)

* Quests themselves, as in, the rounds and bosses, start off at Item Level 0 (informally referenced as iLevel here on out), and you have a chance at getting a iLevel 0-5 item through participating in a Level 0 quest through gear drops. These dropped items are used for the next 'step', which is known as sacrificing. Or, you can simply wear them for their damage increase to get even better items. Your choice.

* Items may be sacrificed for increased 'iLevel' of your quest room. By doing so, you also increase the item level that drops within your quest for one completion to +/- 5 of the iLevel of the item sacrificed. The tier of item does not matter for sacrificing an item, it uses item level and item level only. When you sacrifice an item, the room is 'locked' to this new iLevel, and you cannot sacrifice any items further. A message is output to all participants in the quest when you or another room member sacrifices an item, so there is no confusion what you are getting into when you join your buddies.

Here's some preliminary screenshot of the sacrifice feature. Button positions are not final!

* Quest NPC HP corresponds to the room's individual iLevel, and increases by 1% per iLevel. This is a flat rate, and bosses do not have Rarity (yet!).

* EXP from quests is getting a revamp. To prevent people with higher iLevels at lower levels from gaining exp too fast, you will gain exp relative to the highest equipped iLevel item versus the quest's level. This means you must be within 15 iLevels of the quest to gain any experience from it.

* Items that drop from quests are standard bounty items. The 'base' of the item that drops is relative to the old quest level (Torn Page, FGK, GK, Thunder GK for examples) and with the current quest progression, we will end up at 'endgame' at about 45 'Required Level' bounty items dropping from School Quest. No donation items will have iLevel as of yet. More on that in a future blogpost post-launch!

Sounds AWESOME! When can I expect to see it?

* This system is meant to be fun and intuitive. If it doesn't seem that way, we're gonna change it until it is! We plan on having an internal testing phase soon, but the plan is to have this revamp by V8 at the latest.

Until Next Time,
    -Secrets

2. The following 9 users say thank you to SecretsOTheP for this useful post:

Azuki (11-29-2014), Bulbasaur (11-29-2014), Camel (12-01-2014), Irahnik (11-29-2014), jackD (11-29-2014), Ommadawn (11-29-2014), Shino (11-29-2014), Sonji (11-29-2014), SuperShotty (12-01-2014)

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    I totally support this, love your way of thinking

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    I totally support this, love your way of thinking
    Me to Omma

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Well this is what i call some major revamp of quest. Certainly gonna play it a lot. So looking forward to v8 and of course I hope we get to see a lot more of unique idea's for Gunz from you.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    Well this is what i call some major revamp of quest. Certainly gonna play it a lot. So looking forward to v8 and of course I hope we get to see a lot more of unique idea's for Gunz from you.
    yes colour and QUESTER ARE leveling so fast 2 days 99 lvl lol

Real Girl

Thanks
    Just finished up the experience portion of it, so it's absolutely complete aside from cosmetic portions which I'll have a UI developer do.

Though, I do have some questions:

1) Would you like to see exp gain a percentage increase with item level? This means that the higher you get in quest iLevel, the greater the exp reward is from the base amount. Keep in mind the highest iLevel participant must be within 15 levels of the quest for everyone in the room to gain experience.

and

2) If 1 was implemented, would you be okay with a gradually increasing NPC HP every item level? 0.1% would be added onto the NPC scaling per iLevel, so the quest gradually takes more time for more rewards. This would also give a purpose to having higher iLevel items.

Funky Shot's Avatar The Blue Pill.

Thanks
    I would love to see the hp increased. Quests now are to simple when you gain a higher level.

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    I'd go with having the HP go higher, much more challenging than just 'fasting'.

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    Mmorpg to fps go go go!

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hoshìno View Post
    I'd go with having the HP go higher, much more challenging than just 'fasting'.
    This.

A lot of people usually do School Quest, since it's only 1 boss and it's quite easy to get levels from it.
    Would like to see the option where the HP increases per round or whatever your idea is.
    I love how unique your idea's are, actually surprises me that people have this much intellect and knowledge about GunZ.
    Not many other people think of the sort of things you do, keep up the great work.

12. The following user said thank you to Zachary for this useful post:

Michi (12-01-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information