Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seb's Avatar me > chepolina > riokeshi

Country
    Thanks
    ofc slackers wouldn't want an exam to decide their fate, education and the process of learning is something that requieres dedication and time being spent on it. At the end of the day you SHOULD be able to demonstrate it with an exam, especially in high school since it's easy as **** (except if you're an i.b/ap student) compared to college.
    Last edited by Seb; 12-16-2014 at 03:28 AM. Reason: grammar
    let this game die

2. The following user said thank you to Seb for this useful post:

RAK (12-16-2014)

RAK's Avatar Proud weebo.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    ofc slackers wouldn't want an exam to decide their fate, education and the process of learning is something that requieres dedication and time being spent on it. At the end of the day you SHOULD be able to demonstrate it with an exam, especially in high school since it's easy as **** (except if you're an i.b/ap student) compared to college.
    totally agree with Seb. I also think one of the common mistake people make is to think that having an better education will give you better chances of getting a better job, which is true but we shouldn't focus on just that. I personally believe that culture/education is way much important that just getting a good job. Every job is good if you're dedicated to it and if, obviously, you like to do it. But not everybody knows the side effects of the WW2, it might seem ridiculous to know about history and that we don't need it (we may or we may not) but a person with education can show to his children and to the next generation what they know and guide them to become a better person. Tbh i feel very jealous of my parents generation (taking em as an example) because they know so much things that at the end helped them with everything trought the pass of time. It's not always bout the money, it's also bout yourself. Plus being intelligent is completely diff of being cultured. But thats my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

mi engrish n0 g00d no laugh kk

4. The following 2 users say thank you to RAK for this useful post:

Jonathan pls (12-16-2014), Michi (12-16-2014)

Azuki's Avatar Dazed

Country
    Thanks
    Welp, imo. I wouldn't let exams decides my fate. I personally hate school and all of the things in it. I don't know but, since Elementary to College I hate school. Reasons most commonly are the teachers/professors that should be teaching everything you need but instead they do nothing. They'll come in the class, check attendance and do nothing aside from giving a fundamental/basic lecture and you'd do the rest. Then they're like "okay this is the pointers to the exams" giving out pointers that s/he aint even taught us. Then if you get a low grade, s/he'll said do you even study?blah..blah.. Sadly, society accepts and gives the humans with highest educational degree a well payed job, but doesn't know a thing about what he's doing. Then there are people with higher grades and experiences but didn't attained the highest educational degree, but society wont accept it. Some of them will but, there is still a doubt "can s/he even do it?" "did s/he really knows what to do?".

Back when I was in school, I don't give attention to anything. I don't review when there's exams (I'm only using stock knowledge). I don't write lectures. I even sleep in class 'cuz too boring. Everything they're teaching, I already knew. But I cant say i'm intelligent or something. It is still the best for me (imo) to self study rather than going to school with the kind of professors/teachers not doing their job properly.

just piece of my thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information