Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks

watch both video's and listen good what he says,

in my opinion, he's pretty much right.
    probably because I found this out myself too.

I used to be a kid that was distracted too much in school, as we were told to remember everything, but I have a bad memory.
    But, I found something for myself (programming) and did this since I was 12, I learned for myself, without school, finding out I learn more from doing something myself than school (as I am pretty much better than most teachers at my school) (and thanks for dave ofcourse for tipping me a lot of things throughout the years), but, I've never actually learned anything useful in school, Had bad grades, always on the edge as I never paid attention, but I am not dumb, I am pretty smart compared to the average human being, but schools are designed to pump everything necessary into your head, but that never worked for me, schools aren't build for individuals, how many of you, remember the exact things you learned at history class back when you were like 11/12 ? none, but your grades counted really high, funny isn't it?

I'd like to hear some opinions on this.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Juriën for this useful post:

Camel (12-15-2014), Jonathan pls (12-16-2014)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I agree. School teachers and professors try to fill our heads with so much information, but when it comes time to actually "put it to the test", we don't remember most of it. We grow up learning about Art and History and Science, but many of us never come across the anatomy or particles, many of us never come across the world issues, because none of the future or current jobs actually relate to anything people learn. For example, I go one of the top 5 Universities in Canada for a BSW (Bachelor of Social Work). Everything I'm learning about will have nothing to do with what I want to actually pursue (being a corporate lawyer). How does reverse psychology relate to anything in law? How does learning and studying History relate to anything about law? Everything I've mainly learned in High School such as the science programs, the art programs, the business programs or curriculums, I never even come across. I found High School almost useless; I haven't learned anything that I have before. My curriculum is completely different; everything I learn now is new, it relates to nothing that I have learned. So why do High Schools teach students about things that they will never come across again? Why do they hire people to teach these things when they already know this? It's a money making business, so why stop? Also, this should be in the Debate Section, since your asking people for their own opinion.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    I agree. School teachers and professors try to fill our heads with so much information, but when it comes time to actually "put it to the test", we don't remember most of it. We grow up learning about Art and History and Science, but many of us never come across the anatomy or particles, many of us never come across the world issues, because none of the future or current jobs actually relate to anything people learn. For example, I go one of the top 5 Universities in Canada for a BSW (Bachelor of Social Work). Everything I'm learning about will have nothing to do with what I want to actually pursue (being a corporate lawyer). How does reverse psychology relate to anything in law? How does learning and studying History relate to anything about law? Everything I've mainly learned in High School such as the science programs, the art programs, the business programs or curriculums, I never even come across. I found High School almost useless; I haven't learned anything that I have before. My curriculum is completely different; everything I learn now is new, it relates to nothing that I have learned. So why do High Schools teach students about things that they will never come across again? Why do they hire people to teach these things when they already know this? It's a money making business, so why stop? Also, this should be in the Debate Section, since your asking people for their own opinion.
    You somehow got the hang, but not 100%, as I can pretty much sum up a lot of reasons why psychological human studies have to do with becoming a lawyer.
    Last edited by Resort; 12-16-2014 at 01:09 AM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Juriën View Post
    You somehow got the hang, but not 100%, as I can pretty much sum up a lot of reasons why psychological human studies have to do with becoming a lawyer.
    Actually, psychological human studies have to do with being in courts (manipulative reasons). They have nothing to do with corporate businesses (dealing with fraud and banks). They only require you to "know something" before you go into law. You should enlighten me how learning about indigenous practices and cultures relating to women in society are in ANY way similar to solving a law case. Anyways, I've stated my opinion; a lot of the bullsht we learn has almost nothing to do with anything we end up "having" as a job.

6. The following user said thank you to Zachary for this useful post:

Juriën (12-16-2014)

Camel's Avatar Destructive Death

Country
    Thanks
    I always wanted to explain that to my parents but they never listened.
    Last edited by Camel; 12-16-2014 at 12:46 AM.

Kira's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    ' we don't remember most of it' that is your fault for having a bad memory, link the information with something you find important and you will never for get it, also how isn't How does reverse psychology related to practacing the law.. That's like saying 'not knowing how a administration program works when you are a financial employer' ' It's a money making business,' Yeah african kids aren't affected by the money making business they got it so great yay for them! INB4YOUSAYTHEILLUMINATIISREAL

1st vid; rhymes words that would make sense at first hand but saying school is useless for survival is retarded because it's passing basic information which everyone applies on a daily basis like 1+1=2 or 5+5=10 even what you learn outside of school is linked to school in a way because for example you learn something from a tv program you understood it with language that school learned you

2nd vid; saying rich ppl names who had a lower education isn't very smart because most of them are artist or just very gifted people but I bet 95% + of the millionairs has some kind of education. this guy is supporting that school is a bad thing or something it's retarded lol back to spain with him

I see you don't really wan't to become a corporate lawyer because if you did you would understand that everything you will learn is needed like knowing history it gives you the ability to judge easier but w/e girls talk bs alot

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by kneesocks View Post
    this guy is supporting that school is a bad thing or something it's retarded lol back to spain with him
    No he's not, he never said school is bad, it's the way school handles students is bad, the way the expect us to do things is bad, as he said, going to a library till late, and waking up with a red bull, to pass the test next day, but forget the day after.

He doesn't say school is bad, he says that the way school educates is bad, he never said that the main keys like simple math or languages that school teaches are bad, it's the expectations they have that are bad.

He also doesn't say school is bad and you don't need to go, as he's an educated person himself (graduated from university), he says that we are thought too much focused on what they want you to be, he tells you to interpret things differently and still walk your own path.

He also doesn't say that bill gates, steve jobs, or whatsoever got rich by dropping out of school, he says that they dropped out of school because they already had their future figured out, they knew what they wanted.

but..

in the end, without degree, you won't get anywhere, and that's his point, the world is too much obsessed with degrees, putting a human to it's limit to work their life after that, just because of a degree.
    as there are many people that are talented even without a degree, and just do what you love, instead of educate yourself to death to make money.

jut like his ending, finding a job you love, is not working, it's doing what you love and still making love, filling every day with 8 hours of work which you don't like, that's work.

Country
    Thanks
    No he's not, he never said school is bad, it's the way school handles students is bad, the way the expect us to do things is bad, as he said, going to a library till late, and waking up with a red bull, to pass the test next day, but forget the day after.

He doesn't say school is bad, he says that the way school educates is bad, he never said that the main keys like simple math or languages that school teaches are bad, it's the expectations they have that are bad.

He also doesn't say school is bad and you don't need to go, as he's an educated person himself (graduated from university), he says that we are thought too much focused on what they want you to be, he tells you to interpret things differently and still walk your own path.

He also doesn't say that bill gates, steve jobs, or whatsoever got rich by dropping out of school, he says that they dropped out of school because they already had their future figured out, they knew what they wanted.

but..

in the end, without degree, you won't get anywhere, and that's his point, the world is too much obsessed with degrees, putting a human to it's limit to work their life after that, just because of a degree.
    as there are many people that are talented even without a degree, and just do what you love, instead of educate yourself to death to make money.

jut like his ending, finding a job you love, is not working, it's doing what you love and still making love, filling every day with 8 hours of work which you don't like, that's work.
    So instead saying 'school is bad' - 'the way school is handeling his education system is bad' omg yes makes much sense same sentence but more words
    sorry but ppl will hate their job at some point for some reason stop living in some anima world this is the world it's good as it is don't try to be unique and bits about it makes no sense gets you no where
    if you ;re really smart you will follow the education system and do what everyone else does, look at the millions of people who didn't just a few of them got what everyone wants money but that was becauz they smarter than 99% of the population

11. The following user said thank you to Kira for this useful post:

RAK (12-16-2014)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by kneesocks View Post
    So instead saying 'school is bad' - 'the way school is handeling his education system is bad' omg yes makes much sense same sentence but more words
    sorry but ppl will hate their job at some point for some reason stop living in some anima world this is the world it's good as it is don't try to be unique and bits about it makes no sense gets you no where
    if you ;re really smart you will follow the education system and do what everyone else does, look at the millions of people who didn't just a few of them got what everyone wants money but that was becauz they smarter than 99% of the population
    so that means I will become mad rich cuz I am smarter than 99% of the population?

Country
    Thanks
    so that means I will become mad rich cuz I am smarter than 99% of the population?
    ^4yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information