View Poll Results: Remove Snipers from cw?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 53.00%
  • No

47 47.00%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mardilz View Post
    ITT: Butthurt shotgun users learning their favorite weapon is actually overpowered too.
    gunz is only fun because of kstyle ffs otherwise no one would play it and what is the best weapon best suited for kstyle? shotguns. we don't need snipers to ruin that

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by CaptainEden View Post
    if u say sniper is too easy then go snipe in cw and streak 69
    well i will, if snipers stay.

but my personal opinion is that the competitive clanwar for gunz will suffer under the use of snipers that can 2 shoot you on far distance.
    if i want to play vs camp runners with a sniper i might as well play call of duty or some other crap game

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
    gunz is only fun because of kstyle ffs otherwise no one would play it and what is the best weapon best suited for kstyle? shotguns. we don't need snipers to ruin that
    That applies for you, but not for everyone. They would have called it ShotGunZ and not GunZ if it was shotgun only...

WhispermeHome's Avatar Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♫Phara♫Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̄ ̨Ʒ

Thanks
    I cw With My Friend And He Used Sniper I Was Confused o_O So Lets Remove It Pls

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    That applies for you, but not for everyone. They would have called it ShotGunZ and not GunZ if it was shotgun only...
    Stop talking as if you developed this game and balanced all the items. The snipers aren't balanced whatsoever in this game, and I don't think our devs are capable of coming up with a good solution that would balance these weapons. Sure they're fun to play around with, but snipers together with most of the custom added types of weapons don't fit in CW.

6. The following 4 users say thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Lilith (12-31-2014), Nerval (12-31-2014), p4p1chu1o (12-31-2014), rise (12-31-2014)

Lilith's Avatar You got bòran styled =)

Thanks
    If snipers stay in, allow mines in cw too. Mines FTW!

Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Stop talking as if you developed this game and balanced all the items. The snipers aren't balanced whatsoever in this game, and I don't think our devs are capable of coming up with a good solution that would balance these weapons. Sure they're fun to play around with, but snipers together with most of the custom added types of weapons don't fit in CW.
    FINALLY someone with a brain!
    Last edited by Lilith; 12-31-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    "Don't grow down, grow out."

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    saying our dev's are incapable of doing such things is wrong, but.

In my opinion, snipers weren't meant for gunz in general, snipers were added to gunz while it was being developed (yes sniper was an actual weapon class since the beginning), but they were never finished (hence why our coders had to finish the sniper scope etc), in tests concluded that it was just unfit for gunz, snipers are not for gunz, if it were, they would've been added since the beginning, you can believe me on my word.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Well in that case lets just try to balance them, seems better to me then exclude them from a wanted type of gameplay (CW), as the way it is now people don't really play it cause they cant use their weapon of choice. I mean, the sniper is a long range weapon, maybe they could code it so at short range the damage is halved? (no idea if such thing is possible, but its a suggestion).

Also im not talking like I developed the game, i'm just defending my point: No weapon should be excluded from such a wanted type of gameplay.

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Juriën View Post

In my opinion, snipers weren't meant for gunz in general, snipers were added to gunz while it was being developed (yes sniper was an actual weapon class since the beginning), but they were never finished (hence why our coders had to finish the sniper scope etc), in tests concluded that it was just unfit for gunz, snipers are not for gunz, if it were, they would've been added since the beginning, you can believe me on my word.
    I think it's true. Balancing is probably the hardest part of competitive game development. Everyone can make models and textures, create animations and develop maps. Actually balancing these is a whole different story. Why do you think there have been about a dozen arguments about snipers in CW? About unbalanced donor weapons? I'm not trying to undermine their status, I'm just not convinced whatsoever that they have a clue about game balancing. Probably one of the reasons that you don't see them discussing in these threads to often, let alone give a solid argument against or for some discussions.

Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    Well in that case lets just try to balance them, seems better to me then exclude them from a wanted type of gameplay (CW), as the way it is now people don't really play it cause they cant use their weapon of choice. I mean, the sniper is a long range weapon, maybe they could code it so at short range the damage is halved? (no idea if such thing is possible, but its a suggestion).

Also im not talking like I developed the game, i'm just defending my point: No weapon should be excluded from such a wanted type of gameplay.
    Like I said in a few posts back, CW is probably the only thing that really worked for this game. If you strip GunZ down to it's core, it's the competitive element where players get their motivation from. You'll see this in TDM and Duels as well, but especially CW really works well, it always has. I also mentioned that I think our dev team did a wonderful job adding content to the game, making it more accessible for the casual player. We have some fun maps and modes, some silly weapons that are fun to play around with every now and then.

Based on my experience in this community, the balancing is just not going to happen. Perhaps some guys will fill in some other random numbers that feel right for them. Most of them don't really play the game, let alone play the hardcore CW. I don't think they have the knowledge or insight to really balance these weapons out, it's not that easy. And even if we as community members would like to keep them, but in a balanced way, they probably don't really care since that is the way most of them are.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Juriën View Post

Classic sniper was just a rifle with a high delay, low amount of bullets and a low bullet spread.
    The Classic sniper was actually harder to use from far cause you had no scope (ask Hellish or Nagi).

12. The following 2 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Colour (12-31-2014), Striker (12-31-2014)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information