View Poll Results: Remove Snipers from cw?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 53.00%
  • No

47 47.00%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    If it's in the game , use it.

Appearence's Avatar ♪♫ ♒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♒ ♫♪

Country
    Thanks
    Remove it Because its Funny LOL

ING:
    Appearence//Appearence

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    How about instead of removing it, make the gun actually make sense first. It seems to me the aiming is a big issue. People say you can easily pick someone off from across the map when scoping. And with the damage these snipers come with, no shit that's OP. But GunZ is a third-person game. Why give someone first-person aim in a third-person game ? Lol I've played a server that had third-person aiming with snipers. Thousand ****ing times harder. Why not just lower the damage a bit and add in third-person aiming ?

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

4. The following user said thank you to Eddie for this useful post:

Bulbasaur (01-09-2015)

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    How about instead of removing it, make the gun actually make sense first. It seems to me the aiming is a big issue. People say you can easily pick someone off from across the map when scoping. And with the damage these snipers come with, no shit that's OP. But GunZ is a third-person game. Why give someone first-person aim in a third-person game ? Lol I've played a server that had third-person aiming with snipers. Thousand ****ing times harder. Why not just lower the damage a bit and add in third-person aiming ?
    This does sound interesting

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    poll ended..... dave wont remove snipers.... all cries.... close thread

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    A few suggestions worth trying I guess...

a) Being able to equip only one sniper at a time. Period. Being able to have 6 chances for a 2 shot (even more if you spam ammo clips) is just ridiculous. In addition, this forces the high delay times of the snipers to actually matter as you need to precisely aim. Fk up the first shot? Too bad, wait the approx. 2 and a half seconds and fire another shot. Something with a sure-fire 100+ damage should NOT be able to be spammed. This method is the best way without actually touching the weapons directly and allow for a different secondary.

b) Though the physics on this one seems a bit dull, it's another way to attempt to try and balance them out. Having damage fall-off (Fancy term for the further the shot goes, the less damage it gives). I'd doubt anyone would be for this, considering a weapon such as a sniper would never have this kind of feature and the next issue being "Is this even possible to add on gunz?". But the idea is to make extra long distance shots damage less, to a maximum of a 50% fall-off (or any number that seems reasonable, but 75 damage still hurts) while keeping closer range shots even stronger.

I'm only throwing ideas, because obviously there's a border between Snipers and everyone else. To the point where they don't even wanna play against each other, which is just simple improper balancing. I suggest others making some sort of suggestion rather than "Nerf" because they won't do shit about it unless they get an idea or two running along. I only posted 2 minor possibilities, but hopefully there might be something better that comes along.

8. The following user said thank you to Dualage for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (01-30-2015)

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post

a) Being able to equip only one sniper at a time. Period. Being able to have 6 chances for a 2 shot (even more if you spam ammo clips) is just ridiculous. In addition, this forces the high delay times of the snipers to actually matter as you need to precisely aim. Fk up the first shot? Too bad, wait the approx. 2 and a half seconds and fire another shot. Something with a sure-fire 100+ damage should NOT be able to be spammed. This method is the best way without actually touching the weapons directly and allow for a different secondary.

b) Though the physics on this one seems a bit dull, it's another way to attempt to try and balance them out. Having damage fall-off (Fancy term for the further the shot goes, the less damage it gives). I'd doubt anyone would be for this, considering a weapon such as a sniper would never have this kind of feature and the next issue being "Is this even possible to add on gunz?". But the idea is to make extra long distance shots damage less, to a maximum of a 50% fall-off (or any number that seems reasonable, but 75 damage still hurts) while keeping closer range shots even stronger.

I'm only throwing ideas, because obviously there's a border between Snipers and everyone else. To the point where they don't even wanna play against each other, which is just simple improper balancing. I suggest others making some sort of suggestion rather than "Nerf" because they won't do shit about it unless they get an idea or two running along. I only posted 2 minor possibilities, but hopefully there might be something better that comes along.
    Or maybe decrease clipsize to 1 bullet, so you got 2 shots before having to reload both snipers?

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    This. Was in the middle of typing exactly this but you beat me to it xD.

What don't people understand about taking something away isn't always gonna be the solution to a problem ? "Oh qq too many rooms with [R] tag, take it away !" "Snipers too OP it's unfair I get killed in 1-2 shots take them away qq." What if I were to get godly aim with revolvers ? And started teaching all my friends to get good with revs and we dumpster all over people in CW ? Are you guys gonna go crying to take away revs from CW too ? If you take too many things away, you're just feeding into the low activity in CW. How about instead of wasting the time crying about it, use that time to practice even harder and get more skilled ? It's not like dodging a sniper is impossible. Depending on the player it may be really really difficult, but when it comes to games like these there's always a counter for something, even for snipers. Whether it's getting better to the point where you kill a lot more fast/accurately, or you get better at dodging shots, it's not impossible.

tl;dr - I vote no. Stop wasting valuable time crying that could be used to train and get a lot better at the game.

Well, the problem is the #1 strategy with shotguns currently is to run away while spamming them. But if you just run away, you make it easier for snipers to shoot you. Instead of changing, people keep fleeing and they just cry about it afterwards. Funny thing is, seeing how everybody jumps on any overpowered thing in this game, I recon shotguns are the OP ones ^^; but that's just me
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

11. The following 2 users say thank you to Jawarisin for this useful post:

Eddie (01-17-2015), Trisha Tan (01-17-2015)

Freestyler

Thanks
    beat snipers in prison map with mines. dont remove mines #2015

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post

Well, real spamming is what you do with shotguns, and what you can't do with snipers. In fact, before a nerf, I think they should be un-bugged. Currently if you're too fast, the second shot will not shoot. It will still trigger a delay though. As far as damage fall off, you realise that's exactly what shotguns are right? high damage up close and low damage farther away. But they do just as much if not more than a sniper up close, have spread in case of a miss, are nearly impossible to miss with, spammable and have ridicoulous ammo clips. Shotguns with the damage fgunz has used to be called avengers and had 2 ammo. Talking about balance....

It has nothing to do with weapon balance, the only thing is people only run away from each other while spamming shotguns; if you don't believe me, just try to go S against someone who does B. They will run away, literally back pedal and shoot because they are scared to get close. Now put that same attitude vs a Sniper, it doesn't work just as well. But since people can't think of anything else or can't accept that they aren't the uber-mlg-prozz they thought they were, they blame it on the weapons and cry some more.
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information