ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks

Winter season, aka the Sequel hype season, with continuations of shows such as Kuroko no Basket, Durarara!, Aldnoah Zero, Dog Days, Tokyo Ghoul, JoJo Crusaders and ofcourse the best idol anime there is, iDOLM@STERS, also has a few new shows that you should look out for. Here's my colorcoded watch-list, where green is a definite watch, yellow is 3-ep rule (or a sequel that I havent finished the prequels of yet), and red is a definite no.

So far, my personal AOTS that isn't a sequel is Yotterman, a big surprise for a show that I thought would be mediocre.

My favourite sequel so far has to be Kuroko, the first ep gave me a huge flashback to the awesomeness of the first 2 seasons and I just couldn't help but get excited. DRR is also a big contender for favourite sequel, but the first ep was a bitt dull in a way that fits DRR. Then Tokyo Ghoul, that ended up deviating from the original source (manga), I won't know what will be going on since it's not following the manga anymore so I can keep that excitement, yet I feel anxious cause they might **** up the essence of Tokyo Ghoul. However, since this is called Root A (route a?) there could be a Root B too?
    Aldnoah was a small slap in the face, screaming PLOT ARMOR, but still enjoyable in its own right. And iDOLM@STERS, which is basically a new show with new girls and a new producer. I already miss Iori and Miki.

The good supernatural/shitty harems will be Isuca, Absolute Duo and Shinmai Maou, but really depends on your own preferences.

Best shounen is probably Assassination Classroom, there isn't really any other show that falls perfectly into that category so it wasn't that hard of a choice.

The biggest dissapointments were World Break and Fafnir. My guilty pleasure is shitty supernatural harem shows, so I'm quite tolerant to them being shitty, but these shows might just be a bit too shitty, even for me.

Must-watch new shows for now are Death Parade and Yoru no Yatterman, all other shows u can pick depending on ur own likes and dislikes.
    Last edited by ZAIN; 01-12-2015 at 02:57 PM.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to ZAIN for this useful post:

Izzat (01-12-2015), Ophis (01-14-2015), Sonji (01-12-2015)

RAK's Avatar Proud weebo.

Country
    Thanks
    aldnoah zero 2
    [IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/169/d/5/****_yeah1_by_lord_iluvatar-d69lo2o.gif[/IMG]

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    I just hope KanColle has more actions scenes than I anticipated. I've waited a long time see some Fleet action-- and with the original character cast being well over 100, it's interesting to see where they will take the animation. I was already happy seeing the Anchorage Demon, so we will probably see the higher class Abyssal Boss fleet... which is a big plus.

Overall, as an animation, it would feel weird (just about as weird as making Touhou into an animated adaptation) to have something like this, but there is potential. We'll just have to see where it'll go. So far I like it-- but this is coming from a person who knows the series more than "just a bit" c:

Thread Information