Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Revvy's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    I'm talking about brand new spanking HD character/equipment textures and maybe things like anti-aliasing, bloom, ambient occlusion, depth of field, advanced/modern shadows, anisotropic filtering, post processing, etc...
    I know about ENB but there has to be something beyond ENB.

I hope this question isn't ridiculous because I haven't seen this discussed thoroughly besides ENB, it has me thinking it's impossible without doing source code work.
    This question arose when I finished modding skyrim with 253 mods, most of the mods were visual overhauls (textures, LOD stuff, etc..) which made the game look entirely different from the vanilla version, it made the game seem like it was recently just released. If something like this could be done with GunZ even on a miniscule scale that doesn't involve just ENB It would be a dream come true.

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    GunZ already has antialiasing, can be modded to support better stencil buffering (32bit stencil buffer). HD character/equipment, post-processing, advanced shadows, lighting, etc. All require extensive reworking of the engine. GunZ runs so nicely on old hardware b/c of its lack of graphical features. its dynamic lighting system is very basic, and for most of the lighting it uses prebaking instead of realtime (go to mansion and walk around,you'll see in some areas the lights cast on your character, this is the dynamic lighting system). It also doesn't use actual shadows for characters, it's just a tga with some math involved (source-side).You'd be better off coding your own engine and replacing RS2 with it (lambda is doing this). The difference between skyrim & gunz, gunz is ancient, skyrim already had the support for the mods to build upon, gunz doesn't. anisotropic filtering,I'm not entirely sure how it works on a coding level, so no idea if it's hard or not. Maybe secrets can come in here and shed some light on AF? :p

In short, it requires far more than what your average gunz coder is capable of. I only know a couple gunz coders that could pull it off.
    Last edited by Jetman; 01-20-2015 at 10:04 AM.

3. The following user said thank you to Jetman for this useful post:

Revvy (01-20-2015)

Phanta's Avatar ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Country
    Thanks
    pfft hold my beer ,i got dis.

Azula's Avatar Tauntshot Master

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Phanta View Post
    pfft hold my beer ,i got dis.
    Too soon
    14-14-08
    But first, LET ME TAKE A SELFIE!

Bar must be 2pro https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...=1#post1007929
    Dean must be legend https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...light=dianabol

Revvy's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by jetman82 View Post
    GunZ already has antialiasing, can be modded to support better stencil buffering (32bit stencil buffer). HD character/equipment, post-processing, advanced shadows, lighting, etc. All require extensive reworking of the engine. GunZ runs so nicely on old hardware b/c of its lack of graphical features. its dynamic lighting system is very basic, and for most of the lighting it uses prebaking instead of realtime (go to mansion and walk around,you'll see in some areas the lights cast on your character, this is the dynamic lighting system). It also doesn't use actual shadows for characters, it's just a tga with some math involved (source-side).You'd be better off coding your own engine and replacing RS2 with it (lambda is doing this). The difference between skyrim & gunz, gunz is ancient, skyrim already had the support for the mods to build upon, gunz doesn't. anisotropic filtering,I'm not entirely sure how it works on a coding level, so no idea if it's hard or not. Maybe secrets can come in here and shed some light on AF? :p

In short, it requires far more than what your average gunz coder is capable of. I only know a couple gunz coders that could pull it off.
    I had anti-aliasing disabled driver wise .
    I did not know who or what lambda was so I looked him up and found his blog, it seems he isn't doing development on GunZ anymore.

So in conclusion there is probably no hope, it would have been done by now I guess.

Amy's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    That would require major graphic overhaul. I don't think that an "ordinary" coder can pull it off. GunZ would need a whole map, item and charactee retexture. Character polygon resizing and dynamic shadows. It is A LOT to do.

8. The following user said thank you to Amy for this useful post:

SuperShotty (01-20-2015)

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
    I had anti-aliasing disabled driver wise .
    I did not know who or what lambda was so I looked him up and found his blog, it seems he isn't doing development on GunZ anymore.

So in conclusion there is probably no hope, it would have been done by now I guess.
    He's still doing development on gunz, he just isn't showing any of the work. I've seen some impressive things from him, bullet physics engine, advanced lighting, etc.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
    I'm talking about brand new spanking HD character/equipment textures and maybe things like anti-aliasing, bloom, ambient occlusion, depth of field, advanced/modern shadows, anisotropic filtering, post processing, etc...
    I know about ENB but there has to be something beyond ENB.

I hope this question isn't ridiculous because I haven't seen this discussed thoroughly besides ENB, it has me thinking it's impossible without doing source code work.
    This question arose when I finished modding skyrim with 253 mods, most of the mods were visual overhauls (textures, LOD stuff, etc..) which made the game look entirely different from the vanilla version, it made the game seem like it was recently just released. If something like this could be done with GunZ even on a miniscule scale that doesn't involve just ENB It would be a dream come true.
    A stronger engine

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Simplicity is best.

12. The following user said thank you to Notorious for this useful post:

Syzygy (01-20-2015)

Fgunz legend

Thanks
    what happend to Your gunz grapics is it low??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information