Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vendko1's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    The Rise of mighty warrior

Grascen's Avatar Original Elite

Country
    Thanks
    I vaguely remember a time where I was mentioned on these lists.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    Beasted most of dstyler in 1 vs 1 with dstyle on female...talk shiit like you want...I can take you anytime you DDaggerDD..Flytermo(already Beasted him on ijji) but Anyway...Show me some...otherwise keep ya mouth shut
    i'm not gonna comment on todays metagame because i stopped caring after the transition to anti-lead but i've seen tons of people like you back on ijji. k-stylers who can aim decently pick up dagger and think they're hot shit because they can win some duels by blinkstepping left and right and pbing. people like you were all over the place in clans like Aikuchi.

the fact of the matter is that your style of fake d-style is utterly irrelevant outside of hall duel because it gets you rocked in tdm and doesn't count for shit against a competent k-styler. the entire reason fast and technical d-stylers were more respected than k-style randoms with aim is because we were trying to push the d-style metagame to compete at top level against the best players.

like Seb said earlier in the thread, Hellsguards was the only truly great d-styler because he was the only one to combine the new meta with great aim consistently. most of the other top d-stylers either had impeccable aim but weak movement or amazing movement but inconsistent aim.

as for d-stylers today i won't even comment because anti-lead has ruined the potential for top level d-style. daggers can only be a novelty weapon now.
    Last edited by Backward; 04-17-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Backward View Post
    i'm not gonna comment on todays metagame because i stopped caring after the transition to anti-lead but i've seen tons of people like you back on ijji. k-stylers who can aim decently pick up dagger and think they're hot shit because they can win some duels by blinkstepping left and right and pbing. people like you were all over the place in clans like Aikuchi.

the fact of the matter is that your style of fake d-style is utterly irrelevant outside of hall duel because it gets you rocked in tdm and doesn't count for shit against a competent k-styler. the entire reason fast and technical d-stylers were more respected than k-style randoms with aim is because we were trying to push the d-style metagame to compete at top level against the best players.

like Seb said earlier in the thread, Hellsguards was the only truly great d-styler because he was the only one to combine the new meta with great aim consistently. most of the other top d-stylers either had impeccable aim but weak movement or amazing movement but inconsistent aim.

as for d-stylers today i won't even comment because anti-lead has ruined the potential for top level d-style. daggers can only be a novelty weapon now.
    Aaaaaaaaand thread! Nothing more to see here folks.

zefard's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks

Completely agree with you there Backwards, been trying to say this so many times yet no ones understood.

zefard's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    We are looking at the best D-styler within the current meta which consists of pure aim with little need to take movement into consideration. Both K style and D style in the meta concentrate around aim. We make assumptions about who the best D styler is when someone can pick up a dagger and use basic D style moves like Blink and Yo-yo and still win games over someone who knows every d style move.

How do we determine the best d styler when the current meta consists of aim. Just like backwards said anti lead has ruined top level d stylers potential which makes it hard for us to come to a conclusion about who the best d styler is currently.

In a fight between two D stylers who know all moves how do we come to a conclusion to who the best D styler is if one performs a blink shimmer and the other performs a yo-yo. Both of these moves are useful, however what would determine which one of them are better? we can't just by looking at who won because the person who got the most shots out with the better aim would clearly win.

For now until lead comes back competitive play between top tier D stylers come to a stand still.

-zef

Thanks
    hey hey, anti-lead diminished the top levels of k-style too ya know!

=)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Suggestive View Post
    hey hey, anti-lead diminished the top levels of k-style too ya know!

=)
    d-style was heavily reliant on ground-based evasion and melee range traps/aggressive stab approaches; these two aspects were the only places where daggers had a real advantage against katanas. both of these things got a heavy indirect nerf from anti-lead. straight-forward evasion basically can't work anymore because you no longer need to read the opponent's movement to hit them, while creating and maintaining melee pressure is much more difficult because it's so easy for the opponent to PB you multiple times when you try to get close.

meanwhile, blocking has become a much more important tool for avoiding damage and it's basically preserved k-style's potential for melee even with antilead. furthermore, k-style air movement is perfectly suited for the anti-lead metagame where positioning and cover have become much more important than just moving fast. the skill cap has certainly lowered but the change hasn't necessarily hurt k-style, it merely sidegraded it and made it more boring.

tl;dr: d-style has lost all of its advantages due to evasion in general being nerfed. d-style is just a redundant fashion statement now and there's no longer a reason to use a dagger.

Thanks
    the skill cap has certainly lowered but the change hasn't necessarily hurt k-style, it merely sidegraded it and made it more boring.
    I too like to increase my post count silly gurl.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Suggestive View Post
    I too like to increase my post count silly gurl.
    well yeah lowering the skill cap obviously sucks for high level play but i was speaking from an effectiveness standpoint. k-style is still just as strong and important as before, just in a lamer way.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information