Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    zefard's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Backward View Post
    well yeah lowering the skill cap obviously sucks for high level play but i was speaking from an effectiveness standpoint. k-style is still just as strong and important as before, just in a lamer way.
    Indeed D-style was heavily based around evasion. Due to anti lead k stylers can keep those aerials up so we don't have that melee pressure anymore whilst still getting easy pb's on us. With anti lead we need to be able to at least keep those d machines up when possible but even then its way to easy for pbs to the face also because of the advantage of k style aerial we cant use much melee.

Due to the flaws on d style like delays before firing your gun after a shimmer, delay before you can move or shoot after an aerial, Performing a slingshot and wider hit boxes on blink and yo-yo etc. Those delays make it even harder on anti lead because we cant get our shots out as much as k stylers can + with no evasion we are taking free shots whilst giving out no shots. The blink and yo-yo hit boxes are an obvious flaw in anti lead making it way too easy for us to get hit. The flaws that were already in D-style became even more of a problem within anti lead.

Taking all the flaws that we already had in D style into consideration on top of the extra flaws anti lead gives us makes competitive play for d stylers kinda useless.

K style however hasn't really been put at a disadvantage just like backwards said they still have all the utilities they need to fight and make the plays that need to.

2. The following user said thank you to zefard for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (04-29-2015)

SaintSnow's Avatar im Nuuuup

Thanks
    well i dont understand a thing about D-style
    iLove iDots for gifting me 150 coins

Special Thanks to GHTEndo

Thanks to Lunethz

King

Thanks
    To add onto this new topic: it is because styles and their efficiency are relative. K-style was always popular for being more versatile, and anti-lead emphasized that versatility (e.g. being able to shoot while evading + moving in air). On a different note, E-style arguably improved with anti-lead. So, there are naturally pros and cons across the board. I do agree as I said before that d-style has gotten a lot weaker on anti-lead. There is very little benefit to "poking" now...for how costly it can be to try. A similar thing can be said for those that like to melee with swords although because of k-style's versatility it can be worked around a little.

5. The following user said thank you to Suggestive for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (04-29-2015)

Thanks
    1.hellsguard
    2.DDdaggerDD
    3.backward.
    4.IDk
    5.vitalize

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Polynomial View Post
    3.backward.
    5.vitalize
    LOL this guy knows what's up. get wrecked vital.

i'm not top 5 though. top 15 if i'm lucky.

Freestyler

Thanks
    LOL this guy knows what's up. get wrecked vital.

i'm not top 5 though. top 15 if i'm lucky.
    LOL :p . To me, what affects dstyle here more than anti lead is the low shotgun delays. Even when we evade, missing a shot is more forgiving because theres less delays after a reload shot and you can just shoot again right away. We all know reload shot is two fast shots and then a delay before you can shoot again. But now, that delay doesnt exist. So what is hurting the most is moving in closer for dstyle and kstyle. Usually we could shoot twice and if we are getting rushed, sometimes there would not be enough time to shoot again and kstylers would switch to sword and block, remember that lol, and dstylers would switch to dagger and float step away or something. Now, you can just switch to other gun, walk backwards a but and shoot again, because the delay for a third shot is so short that switching to sword to defend from an incoming butterfly takes up more time than just switching to gun and shoot again or is just not worth it. So moving in to dmachine, even if u evade the rs and reach them, having that delay removed after rs, you are STILL not safe from getting pb'd, STILL!. 850 delay just changed the balance between melee and shooting on fgunz and i dont wanna play gunz even more unbalanced. I wish there was a room tag for vanilla gunz gameplay. id play fgunz everyday then, when i get a pc lol.

Grascen's Avatar Original Elite

Country
    Thanks
    So with anti-lead reducing the play possible for d-stylers in normal rooms, should the discussion center more on the good dagger gladiators?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Grascen View Post
    So with anti-lead reducing the play possible for d-stylers in normal rooms, should the discussion center more on the good dagger gladiators?
    The sad truth about dagger glad is that even the best dagger gladiators were only a match for free channel battle arena randoms. I have never seen a dagger user not get stomped by a legit gladiator. I tried to push dagger glad myself and it seems hopeless.

I could be wrong- I mean I've heard legends about amazing dagger glads before- but whenever I encounter them myself they're usually not what they're hyped up to be.

e: @andre yeah there is some weird stuff going on with delays on this and other servers but I was just talking about anti-lead in general.
    Last edited by Backward; 04-30-2015 at 01:11 AM.

Grascen's Avatar Original Elite

Country
    Thanks
    The sad truth about dagger glad is that even the best dagger gladiators were only a match for free channel battle arena randoms. I have never seen a dagger user not get stomped by a legit gladiator. I tried to push dagger glad myself and it seems hopeless.

I could be wrong- I mean I've heard legends about amazing dagger glads before- but whenever I encounter them myself they're usually not what they're hyped up to be.

e: @andre yeah there is some weird stuff going on with delays on this and other servers but I was just talking about anti-lead in general.
    I've been getting some decent results out of it when I play. It's less about using the fancier moves and more about observing how your opponent performs to outplay him/her. You can do a lot with block tap, magician evade, dagger train, and backwards elunge. Anything else is pretty much just extra.

Some fights I've won are due to noticing that some people have low turn speed(touchpad/low DPI), others I've won due to exploiting their need to massive every time they get it, and others have been won by exploiting the unstable terrain around the map.

It does seem more rare than D-stylers in normal maps, though.
    Last edited by Grascen; 04-30-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Grascen View Post
    I've been getting some decent results out of it when I play. It's less about using the fancier moves and more about observing how your opponent performs to outplay him/her. You can do a lot with block tap, magician evade, dagger train, and backwards elunge. Anything else is pretty much just extra.

Some fights I've won are due to noticing that some people have low turn speed(touchpad/low DPI), others I've won due to exploiting their need to massive every time they get it, and others have been won by exploiting the unstable terrain around the map.

It does seem more rare than D-stylers in normal maps, though.
    Are the players on this server actually serious gladiators though? There is an immense skill gap between a random guy in a glad room and the average gladiator, and an even bigger one between average glads and strong ones. I used to think I was good at glad because I went positive in battle arena rooms, but when I played a strong player for the first time I was decimated so badly I just went back to gunning and never looked back.

I'm not really trying to downplay you here- for all I know you're some godlike gladder and I'm just ignorant- but based on my own experience the level of technique in glad is too high to overcome with dagger's limited strengths and major weaknesses.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information