Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Hi,

There was recently a sniper nerf on the scope delay, from 300ms to 2s. I think it was the wrong kind of nerf and here's why.

First of all, the nerf that happened only affected people using 2 snipers. People using a single sniper are unaffected, and therefore, it's not a nerf to the weapon as much as a limiter to a play-style. People using two snipers are not as rare as they used to be before they were "tweaked", in fact, it can be fairly common to see a player with them in a room, but if we were to compare which weapon was mostly used, shotguns are (by a WIDE margin). The reason is simple, the spread makes it a forgiving weapon that still packs nearly -if not as much- damage than a sniper from up close, and is nearly guaranteed to hit at mid-range. It has a good ammo capacity and the delay is extremely small. In fact, this server probably has the strongest shotguns of any private server.
    Snipers were brought up to be more competitive against them, rewarding quick aiming at the loss of certain moves. But it's clear, seeing how most players still used shotguns, that shotguns were still the "strongest"(relative) weapon, or at least, the one that gave you the advantage in most scenarios.

Because snipers could be used at great effect by someone who practiced aiming, some players got frustrated. Not because the weapon was overpowered (otherwise everybody would be using it), but because of how frustrating it is to get your HP from full to near-dead/dead (1/2 shot).

So, considering the aforementioned, I think snipers should have an increase in delay instead of an increase in scope delay. There is two reasons the nerf should be reverted and replaced by a delay-nerf.
    First, it will affect the weapon itself, not a playstyle. Players with only one sniper will also be affected.
    Secondly, increasing the delay will reduce the "spammability" of snipers, while not preventing them from scoping in/out to re-aquire the target.
    And last but not least, running with two snipers will become viable again, allowing to chain another shot quickly if the first one missed/to finnish of the target - All while not being spammable due to delay.

Thank you for reading,
    Jawarisin
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

2. The following user said thank you to Jawarisin for this useful post:

Eeksdee (02-20-2015)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    snipers was nerfed because it was being abused, no1 should be able to shoot 2 shots (each shot 100dmg) in 1 second.

they also said a thousand times their looking into this but it wont be going back to the original .300ms.

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    I know they listen to logic, so I prefer to say it. Worst case is nothing happens.
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

wys

Country
    Thanks
    Also i got 2 donor snipers and it's now felt like i wasted my coins because i could just shoot the same speed with 1 sniper and 2 snipers.
    As in use 1 sniper and shoot the 3 ammo which is the same as 2 snipers and switching them.
    why not SG users train sniping themselves? i suck with SGs so i found sniping as an alternating way of killing players, now the nerf ruined the fun.
    it requires more training to be good with Sgss than sniping, so Un-nerf or Refund would be good.

Banneed's Avatar Never Back Down.

Country
    Thanks
    MeX right, you guys really need to Un-nerf the snipers or you refund each and every sniper player who bought sniper.
    If you want to be the best, Beat the best. <

Ign: Banneed

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I am pretty sure Dave mentioned in 50 other threads the delay is going to be a bit lower, but not back to 300 ms.

Alpha's Avatar Fresh to Death

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jawarisin View Post
    Hi,

There was recently a sniper nerf on the scope delay, from 300ms to 2s. I think it was the wrong kind of nerf and here's why.

First of all, the nerf that happened only affected people using 2 snipers. People using a single sniper are unaffected, and therefore, it's not a nerf to the weapon as much as a limiter to a play-style. People using two snipers are not as rare as they used to be before they were "tweaked", in fact, it can be fairly common to see a player with them in a room, but if we were to compare which weapon was mostly used, shotguns are (by a WIDE margin). The reason is simple, the spread makes it a forgiving weapon that still packs nearly -if not as much- damage than a sniper from up close, and is nearly guaranteed to hit at mid-range. It has a good ammo capacity and the delay is extremely small. In fact, this server probably has the strongest shotguns of any private server.
    Snipers were brought up to be more competitive against them, rewarding quick aiming at the loss of certain moves. But it's clear, seeing how most players still used shotguns, that shotguns were still the "strongest"(relative) weapon, or at least, the one that gave you the advantage in most scenarios.

Because snipers could be used at great effect by someone who practiced aiming, some players got frustrated. Not because the weapon was overpowered (otherwise everybody would be using it), but because of how frustrating it is to get your HP from full to near-dead/dead (1/2 shot).

So, considering the aforementioned, I think snipers should have an increase in delay instead of an increase in scope delay. There is two reasons the nerf should be reverted and replaced by a delay-nerf.
    First, it will affect the weapon itself, not a playstyle. Players with only one sniper will also be affected.
    Secondly, increasing the delay will reduce the "spammability" of snipers, while not preventing them from scoping in/out to re-aquire the target.
    And last but not least, running with two snipers will become viable again, allowing to chain another shot quickly if the first one missed/to finnish of the target - All while not being spammable due to delay.

Thank you for reading,
    Jawarisin
    Attempting to write an essay doesn't address your concern when your argument is flawed in the first few paragraphs, "up close" snipers do the same damage far away,
    the advantage of distance with a high powered weapon, along with practically zero delay time is welcoming abuse, and you're trying to justify your use of it.

Syzygy's Avatar The One Who Sees

Country
    Thanks
    want to spam use revs

Spoiler!

10. The following user said thank you to Syzygy for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (02-25-2015)

Buddhism's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    want to spam use revs

word dunn mighty
    i was buggin on an insane trip, my wifey showed me the light==
    soul elevation thru the twin flame tip, yeah, it just us, we are feeling so right
    in pursuit of justice from spaceships, we will always be whole in our Sameness
    sewn like seeds of a star, on our wayback to Oasis
    doing good deeds from a far, destroying the matrix
    WE are not caught up in the matrix
    WE have no fear, escaping that trick be so basic
    this is our world, let us stage it
    learn to love yourselves, then re arrange it
    blessed, we have the chance to give others sight
    we know trueth and what's wrong from what right
    doin due diligence, burning the midnight oil all night
    my wings are growing, aye embrace hers and take flight

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    Snipers4HP/AP Reduce

If snipers can kill us in 2 hits we should be able to kill snipers in 2 hits too ok

13. The following 3 users say thank you to Sonji for this useful post:

Alpha (02-16-2015), Ao (02-21-2015), DDaggerDD (02-25-2015)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information