Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    I don't have any experience with 3D modeling but I think the texture you used it pretty LQ.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Cactus's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by George View Post
    I don't have any experience with 3D modeling but I think the texture you used it pretty LQ.
    i made it myself thats why

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Agree with George, try making some higher quality textures (or find some on the internet xD)

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Cool blade, good job on that.

Can't see a wireframe, but looking at the hard edges I feel like you're using too many edges / faces. With regards to the texture, you're not unwrapping are you? Seems to me that you applied an attempt to tile-able textures to selected faces. Try to look into unwrapping and then take another look at texturing. Would like to see some progress on this

6. The following user said thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

GeorgeGFX (03-12-2015)

Cactus's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    Agree with George, try making some higher quality textures (or find some on the internet xD)
    it was my first time making a texture, only started using photoshop about 3 days ago

Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Cool blade, good job on that.

Can't see a wireframe, but looking at the hard edges I feel like you're using too many edges / faces. With regards to the texture, you're not unwrapping are you? Seems to me that you applied an attempt to tile-able textures to selected faces. Try to look into unwrapping and then take another look at texturing. Would like to see some progress on this
    that was just a hard sword to model with a low poly as i wanted to get most of the detail on the picture, yeah i tried the tile-able thing for the first time aswell, im bored of just copying the image onto the model looks shitty

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    it was my first time making a texture, only started using photoshop about 3 days ago

that was just a hard sword to model with a low poly as i wanted to get most of the detail on the picture, yeah i tried the tile-able thing for the first time aswell, im bored of just copying the image onto the model looks shitty
    keep on going/trying. Always like to see people make progress on something

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cactus View Post

With regards to texturing, to me anyways it's a talent on itself. Creating good textures, tile-able or unwrapped is just hard and requires more effort. And honestly, most people tend to just make the model and don't care about the textures, but the end result is mostly consisted of the texture instead of the model (especially models like weapons). You shouldn't just accept the quality it is right now, try and look into unwrapping and manual texture drawing. Also, websites such as cgtextures.com is really helpful if you don't want to draw them yourself.

With regards to detail in your model, I'm pretty sure that you can cut at least 100~150 faces out of it without losing detail. Just a matter of optimizing your model. Post your wireframe and let others look at it, not a bad thing to get into.

ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    for unwrapping, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiQOHSzyooc
    he doens't explain it too well, but its pretty easy to understand whats happening with what he does and how the unwrap ends up looking like. you can watch the rest of his series too, its not too shabby

Donator

Thanks
    nice better dev than zain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information