Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    It's no secret that software like 3DS max or Maya is better than something like Blender. In my opinion, if you're looking to just make something pretty than you're better of using different software.
    What are you basing that off of?
    At the end of the day, all these programs can do almost all of the things the others can as they are all based around 3d modeling, and while yes it is opinion, no 3ds max, and maya or whatever else that is out there are not the better program and there is no need to tell someone not to use it.

Banneed's Avatar Never Back Down.

Country
    Thanks
    Nice blade.
    Good job.
    If you want to be the best, Beat the best. <

Ign: Banneed

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    There is nothing wrong with blender for development outside of GunZ...
    Considering 99% of blender development doesn't even relate to GunZ, the fact that it's free and comparable to 3dsMax and Maya, and that it can produce things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLd8kEQJIzw

I don't see why you told him not to use blender.
    Lel heard the rain and almost instantly thought ''heavy rain'', but i was wrong xD

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What are you basing that off of?
    At the end of the day, all these programs can do almost all of the things the others can as they are all based around 3d modeling, and while yes it is opinion, no 3ds max, and maya or whatever else that is out there are not the better program and there is no need to tell someone not to use it.
    With the right amount of time and effort you can create almost anything in tools like Blender. I won't deny that it's been at least 6 years since I last used Blender, but I'm still confident that it's easier to create something purely for the sake of making it look good that the better tools are 3DS max, maya or C4D. Blender is just a bit more basic, which is fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information