Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Posts
    475
    Thanked
    83
    Thanks
    314
    Originally Posted by Queen Anger View Post
    Let me just highlight some things...

    It has been the same set for several years.
    Making/implementing a new Donation Set will give you the opportunity to show how unique the developers can be.
    im telling u that making a set is really really really hard, it's not a matter of design or uniqueness of a developer, its a matter of skill. there's probably less devs that are able to make sets than there are fingers you can count on one hand. in fact, go look around other servers; you will barely or not even once see a totally custom set (that isn't a recolor). that should show you how difficult it actually is


    There seems to be absolutely no talk of a new Donation Set or Donation Clothing Item (even individual ones).
    Originally Posted by Zain
    3.
    making a set is exponentially harder and more time consuming than making an item, imho you should only use the donor set as hp/ap boost and you should customize your own look with the newly implemented avatar system. i will try and see if we can get something new, but don't expect it anytime soon
    We have had the same set for several years and I think it is time for change.
    see both red and green

    Black is beyond boring and dull, I did not pay just for one set, I paid for several opportunities to change my look.

    yes you did '-', you never paid for an unfinished or unannounced set. we never advertised our items as something theyre not, you bought the donation set knowing it'll be exactly like the one you bought before and exactly as its depicted on the picture


    Bringing us a new Donation Set will allow us to change the way we look and allow us to experiment with the clothes that are already implemented.
    see red
    dagasdaeag

  2. #12
    Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    747
    Thanks
    410
    Originally Posted by Queen Anger View Post
    Suggestion Type 1

    FGunZ

    Suggestion Title

    Character Recovery

    Suggestion Description

    Allow us to recover deleted characters that we had before, I used to have tons of higher levels but I deleted them and I want to know if it is possible to get them back. Would be nice to use old characters, reconnect with them '-'
    - I say no only because you willingly delete the character at your own will. If it was an accident, that's different. But I don't see how someone can accidentally choose the character, type 'YES' for the dialog box, and have their character "accidentally" deleted xD.

    To add onto this, however, we're allowed to have multiple in-game accounts. I'm sure there's some abusive flaw to this but I'm too lazy to weigh out the pros and cons lol --- Why not just create a system that makes it so players can MOVE characters from one account to another, rather than deleting the whole character as a whole ? That way you can keep characters you actually want to use on your main account, and any character you want to keep but would've had to delete (whether it be for the sake of wanting to save the name, for the nostalgia, whatever) can just sit on an alternative account and rotate whenever you see fit. But, if the characters go inactive for long periods of time and someone throws your name on the "Delete Old Character" page, I don't think it should be recovered, unless the person who deleted your character goes inactive as well for the same set time frame on that page

    Originally Posted by Queen Anger View Post
    Suggestion Type 2

    FGunZ - Box Changes

    Suggestion Title

    Buying #'s

    Suggestion Description

    Allow us to buy a number of lucky boxes within a drop-down amount. Say we get 500 coins and want to buy 'x' amount of boxes, allow us to buy that amount instead of having to continue to click repeatedly.
    - This I 100% agree with. Mostly because it makes things a lot more convenient.

    Originally Posted by Queen Anger View Post
    Suggestion Type 3

    FGunZ

    Suggestion Title

    Donation Changes

    Suggestion Description

    Allow us to have a completely new Donation Set, we have had to use this one for like, freaking ever and it is god awfully annoying, there is no creation and unique idea towards it, is it just black and has 3 words on the back of it, quite boring '-' It was nice, but now it is just getting dull.
    - New sets would be nice, but not a priority. Like yeah you say other donor items besides swords and SGs get neglected, but there's a REASON swords and SGs get so much attention. It's because there's a far, far, farfarfarfarfarfar higher demand for them. Yeah it's good to keep other players in mind, but the staff have to prioritize and keep in mind what the vast majority of people want. Not very many people care about more donation sets, though I do agree with you there definitely should be more. I'm sure they'll come with time ^^

    On a side note, don't take this personally, but I don't think you should assume there's NO talk at all whatsoever about what's going on as far as new content/updates regarding donation sets and all other neglected items. AFAIK, you're a VIP member just like I am. I don't have access to the staff chats, nor know what's going on, therefore neither do you. Everything else is just word of mouth and assumptions. Just because they aren't publicly slapping screenshots and threads in our face about what's going on, doesn't mean it's not going on lol cut them some slack

    Originally Posted by Queen Anger View Post
    Suggestion Type 4

    Forums / Community

    Suggestion title

    Rule Changes

    Suggestion Description

    Players who make a goodbye thread and continue to post or make comments should be warned or informed that a goodbye thread is made solely because they are saying goodbye, not to just create drama and a scene. I have noticed that there are some Members who create these threads but continue to post threads and post replies AFTER their thread is made. Some sort of warning or rule should be implemented, let alone they should make and introduction thread simply because they are going against the sole purpose of the goodbye section. I think that this is also unfair because we see people who are banned, they are not even able to view the forums, this is not fair in the visuals of posting threads (like appeals) simply because people are abusing the entirety behind the Goodbye Section, the section was made to say your farewells to players, not to make a thread and get attention
    - This is already a rule as you stated before, but I'll let you get your "subliminals" out there. We all gotta vent somehow dear

    Originally Posted by Queen Anger View Post
    Suggestion Type 5

    FGunZ / Community

    Suggestion title

    Staff Rule Changes

    Suggestion Description

    Lately, there have been lots of complaints of some staff members (I am not going to point fingers or anything) but some of the Members think it is unfair how we get treated. We are the ones who are supporting this community by donations and our time and effort to play. There is lots of judgement and hate towards some players that some Staff Members represent. There are also some Staff Members representing this server horribly, I think that you should take a second look or review as to who you are allowing to talk to other members. There are lots of personal problems and reasons behind some things such as reports or appeals; the judgment is very unfair and unethical. I think that there should be a system where we have a report function solely based off of Staff Members, there should also be a strike system implemented for certain staff members that are involved in downfalls. When I was a Trial Game Moderator (a few weeks ago) there were personal disputes that were going on between me and another staff member. I think that it would be beneficial for the staff to be warned PROPERLY and FAIRLY when it comes to incidents, I feel as if there is too much slack being cut. This being said, I wish that you would take a proper look into this suggestion as well as number 4, a those are the two main ones that I think are solely more important.
    - This I agree there should be some sort of system where we can report a staff member directly to an Administrator, but ONLY if it's a severe matter (hacking abuse, REAL abuse of power), not over some minor drama which would be a waste of time to go on their record, or potentially worse, have them fired/banned. Like come on be real with me. Dave's not gonna have his staff members fired or banned over some petty FG drama xD. And if you want me to be completely honest, even if it was something as severe as hacking abuse and someone was straight up lawnmower/godmode/room rape/whatever, as long as the guy/girl does an excellent job at what he/she does, is very active and is devoted to supporting the server, I don't think Dave would fire them either. Considering GunZ as a whole and not just FG, with an overall dying community heavily populated by trolls and egotistical douchebags, there aren't many people who are competent enough to be a GunZ staff member, nor have a mature enough mindset to hold a position working for a server.


    PS: Pls for the love of Buddha, neaten up your BB codes. It's the biggest pain in the ass to quote you and I have really bad OCD when the BB codes and text look messy LOL

    Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

  3. The following user said thank you to Eddie for this useful post:

    Michi (03-15-2015)

  4. #13
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Country
    Posts
    2,744
    Thanked
    134
    Thanks
    657
    - I say no only because you willingly delete the character at your own will. If it was an accident, that's different. But I don't see how someone can accidentally choose the character, type 'YES' for the dialog box, and have their character "accidentally" deleted xD. To add onto this, however, we're allowed to have multiple in-game accounts. I'm sure there's some abusive flaw to this but I'm too lazy to weigh out the pros and cons lol --- Why not just create a system that makes it so players can MOVE characters from one account to another, rather than deleting the whole character as a whole ? That way you can keep characters you actually want to use on your main account, and any character you want to keep but would've had to delete (whether it be for the sake of wanting to save the name, for the nostalgia, whatever) can just sit on an alternative account and rotate whenever you see fit. But, if the characters go inactive for long periods of time and someone throws your name on the "Delete Old Character" page, I don't think it should be recovered, unless the person who deleted your character goes inactive as well for the same set time frame on that page
    My only problem is that it is unfair for players if they have more than 1 account that do not have the same donation items. I think that creating a system (based on what you said about moving characters from one account to another) would be too much to do and would be too much of an abused system. Creating a system where characters are easily recovered with the proper rights is not that hard to create, it technically is already created (after seeing the GMCP, GM's are able to recover characters). Also, I am going to add that if a player gets muted on his main account and wishes to use his alt account, what will happen with the character transfer since mutes are under Account AID's? The player could some how simply just transfer the muted character to the other account? This is what I mean, it will be very difficult to code around problems like this. I agree with your decision, but I do think that there is a slight edge within you that you think this system would be beneficiary; I am going to remind you that this is just a simple suggestion, I did not actually think I would get this much of feedback, so I really appreciate your opinion!


    - This I 100% agree with. Mostly because it makes things a lot more convenient.
    I really appreciate your opinion and feedback, thank you.


    - New sets would be nice, but not a priority. Like yeah you say other donor items besides swords and SGs get neglected, but there's a REASON swords and SGs get so much attention. It's because there's a far, far, farfarfarfarfarfar higher demand for them. Yeah it's good to keep other players in mind, but the staff have to prioritize and keep in mind what the vast majority of people want. Not very many people care about more donation sets, though I do agree with you there definitely should be more. I'm sure they'll come with time ^^ On a side note, don't take this personally, but I don't think you should assume there's NO talk at all whatsoever about what's going on as far as new content/updates regarding donation sets and all other neglected items. AFAIK, you're a VIP member just like I am. I don't have access to the staff chats, nor know what's going on, therefore neither do you. Everything else is just word of mouth and assumptions. Just because they aren't publicly slapping screenshots and threads in our face about what's going on, doesn't mean it's not going on lol cut them some slack
    I really appreciate your opinion and feedback, I understand where you are coming from. I also do agree that there is much more of a demand for Swords and Shotguns, but there is somewhat a small demand for the clothing material too. You notice throughout the server, players mix and match sets already provided for us in-game WITH the current Donation Set. Allowing players to use another set will increase the amount of uniqueness and also show that players are able to mess around with a new 'look' while using the new set. Also, about the 'assume there's NO talk at all' part, when I was a Trial Game Moderator a few weeks ago, I did not come across a thread that was talking about the current development work, I seem to think that FGunZ releases updates that are only client modifications and not donation modifications. There is definitely 'slack' being cut in my opinion, I do not hear much about donation items being released within the blogs that are made, I notice that there are only threads about server modifications (maps/client help) or item/weapon modifications (new ones). I do not actually hear of a developer attempting to make a new set.

    - This is already a rule as you stated before, but I'll let you get your "subliminals" out there. We all gotta vent somehow dear
    I really appreciate your opinion and feedback, I just think that it is not right that people get away with such things


    - This I agree there should be some sort of system where we can report a staff member directly to an Administrator, but ONLY if it's a severe matter (hacking abuse, REAL abuse of power), not over some minor drama which would be a waste of time to go on their record, or potentially worse, have them fired/banned. Like come on be real with me. Dave's not gonna have his staff members fired or banned over some petty FG drama xD. And if you want me to be completely honest, even if it was something as severe as hacking abuse and someone was straight up lawnmower/godmode/room rape/whatever, as long as the guy/girl does an excellent job at what he/she does, is very active and is devoted to supporting the server, I don't think Dave would fire them either. Considering GunZ as a whole and not just FG, with an overall dying community heavily populated by trolls and egotistical douchebags, there aren't many people who are competent enough to be a GunZ staff member, nor have a mature enough mindset to hold a position working for a server.

    I really appreciate your opinion and feedback and I completely agree with you, then again, the Staff Member rules are much more detailed when I saw it (when I was Trial GM). There is some sort of 'system' in place and intact but there is no 'report' function that shows proper confidentiality. Then again, I do agree with your point on how Dave will not demote/ban people for using hacks, but if a Staff Member uses hacks and etc etc and goes against the server rules that they are to follow, how is that fair? IMO, I have seen the way that some Staff Members treat other Regular Members, people who are VIP/Donators are the ones who help keep the server alive (due to the money that is donated daily). Members too, have also been influenced by a Staff Member. I have heard stories from friends of how some Staff Members treat them, I too, was a victim of a horrible incident, I am just saying that it would be fair to be able to report a Staff Member without allowing people to be aware of what is going on, since it is not much of their business. Let me just ask you this... If harassing a Staff Member is wrong and punishable, what makes it okay for a Staff Member to harass a Member?

    I do value your opinion and I also will consider 'changing' my BB codes & formats. Thank you, Eddie.
    Last edited by Zachary; 03-15-2015 at 05:05 AM.

  5. #14
    Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Posts
    23,781
    Thanked
    103
    Thanks
    12,673
    1. We will not add such function because there's no way for us to know if a character was deleted accidentally or if one of the GM's deleted a character for breaking the rules.
    2. Will be added to the website of version 8.
    3. Maybe, although this is also partly up to the item developer(s).
    4. Maybe, can talk with the forum mods about it.
    5. I agree with what LT Eddie said, also there's a strike system already, which is only in use for the big things. I cba if there's a personal dispute between a normal member and a staff member. You may always PM me if there's a problem with a staff member but there's absolutely no guarantee that I will do anything about it.

    @LT Eddie
    Moving characters from account A to account B will be far too difficult and will mess up the logs, unfortunately.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

  6. The following 3 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

    Aokiji (03-15-2015), Corrupt (03-15-2015), Eddie (03-15-2015)

  7. #15
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Country
    Posts
    2,744
    Thanked
    134
    Thanks
    657
    request lock since d replied.
    thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)