View Poll Results: What do you want FPS mode to be?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Change FPS mode to use fall damage & stamina

14 28.57%
  • Change FPS mode to use fall damage, stamina, and be a gametype

18 36.73%
  • Don't change the gameplay, but make it a gametype

7 14.29%
  • Don't change anything at all

8 16.33%
  • Other(explain)

2 4.08%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    So, first I wanted to introduce myself to all of you, I'm Jetman. I used to be a serious GunZ Gladiator, then one day switched it up and decided to start coding. Looking forward to coding for FG & doing all I can to make this the server you want it to be. Now, onto business:

I have created my own version of FPS, it has things like fall damage, stamina usage (for running). Fall damage doesn't do a great deal of damage of course, and the stamina is used by holding shift (similar to how it is currently, but lasts longer and requires a slight recharge period). I was wondering which of these options you guys would prefer:

1. Change over to using stamina & fall damage
    2. Change over to stamina & fall damage while making FPS a normal gametype
    3. Don't change the current gameplay, but make it a gametype.
    4. Don't change anything at all.
    5. Other(specify what you want)

Edit: Video of how it works (the stamina depletion rate can be changed)

Last edited by Jetman; 03-16-2015 at 07:03 PM.

2. The following 7 users say thank you to Jetman for this useful post:

Ao (03-17-2015), Aokiji (03-18-2015), Corrupt (03-19-2015), Michi (03-16-2015), Ommadawn (03-18-2015), Syzygy (03-16-2015), ZoneStyle (03-16-2015)

the__stig's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    yes i agree. thank you.

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Shit. I probably should've asked this before I voted, but what exactly would the FPS gametype consist of ? Because when I think of FPS gametype, once you add the fall damage and stamina to the roomtag, I pretty much picture slapping on an [FPS] tag on any ordinary DM, TDM, Training, or Team Training room. Have you thought of any extra ideas that would make it different from what I stated earlier ? Or would you just eliminate the [FPS] tag and make it a full on gametype ?

Nonetheless, I do agree though about the fall damage and the stamina. Excellent idea !

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I'm working on the id's and a more in dept plan for this possible mode (story/what will be in the mode/various things).

Cactus's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    great ideas, the fall damage is a tiny but useless on gunz in my opinion, also would the stamina usage work, say if i was in glad and somebody is doing nothing but blocking because they have stamina, then their stamina runs out, they can block but for only the ammount of time you block while dbf'ing, would that be possible?

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    great ideas, the fall damage is a tiny but useless on gunz in my opinion, also would the stamina usage work, say if i was in glad and somebody is doing nothing but blocking because they have stamina, then their stamina runs out, they can block but for only the ammount of time you block while dbf'ing, would that be possible?
    FPS makes it so you can't wield a katana, kodachi, dagger, etc. Unless they change it of course

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Thanks
    i think it should be a game mode option, like [r] or [ia]. i dont think they should change the whole game. unless im reading this wrong.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Would like this to be a gamemode with only limited maps (as you can't navigate through every map with FPS-tag because there are unreachable places when you're not able to wallclimb)

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lt Eddie View Post
    Shit. I probably should've asked this before I voted, but what exactly would the FPS gametype consist of ? Because when I think of FPS gametype, once you add the fall damage and stamina to the roomtag, I pretty much picture slapping on an [FPS] tag on any ordinary DM, TDM, Training, or Team Training room. Have you thought of any extra ideas that would make it different from what I stated earlier ? Or would you just eliminate the [FPS] tag and make it a full on gametype ?

Nonetheless, I do agree though about the fall damage and the stamina. Excellent idea !
    Well, it's already a gametype, so that makes it different, although that can easily be changed to just be a roomtag as well. Stephan suggested to me that it be setup to where each player is given the same equipment to make it fair, is that something you guys would want or no? If so, doing it via gamemode would probably be best.

Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    Would like this to be a gamemode with only limited maps (as you can't navigate through every map with FPS-tag because there are unreachable places when you're not able to wallclimb)
    Well, lets see what the poll shows, if it shows people want it to be its own gamemode, then possibly some new maps could be made to accommodate your request.

ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by jetman82 View Post
    Stephan suggested to me that it be setup to where each player is given the same equipment to make it fair, is that something you guys would want or no?
    hes just anal about everyone wearing military set during FPS mode, we have [V] for equal hp/ap

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information