Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Mime... Suggestive... can you take this little "visitor message" type of argument thing you have going on in my thread to the actual visitor messages section ? As a matter of fact, can a forum mod please clean this thread up ? I'd gladly appreciate it.

Anyway, you asked for a screenshot, but I don't really want to advertise other servers' work. It's not very difficult to picture. Just imagine how you aim with any other gun, whether it be a SG/rev/pistol/rocket launcher/MG/whatever. The only difference is it's with a sniper. I personally just think it seems more fair and makes more sense, seeing that GunZ is a third-person shooter. Does any GunZ physics make sense ? Obviously ****ing not. But in terms of fairness, why give one gun a really overpowered advantage compared to the other guns ? Think about it. SGs work best PB range. The further away the person is, the less damage your SG will do (because of bullet spread and all that shit). With a sniper scope, you're pretty much giving them a PB perspective from very far points across the maps. Also mind you that there are snipers that can do 1 hit kills if you headshot. As far as the other types of guns, they either don't do enough damage from a distance or are very very difficult to pick up accurate aiming skills with. Anyone can just sit there with a sniper, camp, zoom, hold still and wait until you fall into their crosshair, even a shitty ass player like myself.

Yes, a scope makes a sniper a sniper, but if you can have characters flailing swords around in completely unrealistic fashions that would nearly break your wrists IRL, I think it's safe to twist things around a little bit with the sniper for the sake of making things a little more fair. Will a majority of people cry and complain ? Of course they will. But if this game wants to become fair for everyone, things are gonna have to be experimented with and changes are gonna have to happen.

Only thing I can think of so that people won't complain AS much is making a [NSC] - No Scope roomtag, so players who want a fair chance can throw the roomtag up, and those who prefer the first-person perspective advantage can keep playing as they wish.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lt Eddie View Post
    Mime... Suggestive... can you take this little "visitor message" type of argument thing you have going on in my thread to the actual visitor messages section ? As a matter of fact, can a forum mod please clean this thread up ? I'd gladly appreciate it.

Anyway, you asked for a screenshot, but I don't really want to advertise other servers' work. It's not very difficult to picture. Just imagine how you aim with any other gun, whether it be a SG/rev/pistol/rocket launcher/MG/whatever. The only difference is it's with a sniper. I personally just think it seems more fair and makes more sense, seeing that GunZ is a third-person shooter. Does any GunZ physics make sense ? Obviously ****ing not. But in terms of fairness, why give one gun a really overpowered advantage compared to the other guns ? Think about it. SGs work best PB range. The further away the person is, the less damage your SG will do (because of bullet spread and all that shit). With a sniper scope, you're pretty much giving them a PB perspective from very far points across the maps. Also mind you that there are snipers that can do 1 hit kills if you headshot. As far as the other types of guns, they either don't do enough damage from a distance or are very very difficult to pick up accurate aiming skills with. Anyone can just sit there with a sniper, camp, zoom, hold still and wait until you fall into their crosshair, even a shitty ass player like myself.

Yes, a scope makes a sniper a sniper, but if you can have characters flailing swords around in completely unrealistic fashions that would nearly break your wrists IRL, I think it's safe to twist things around a little bit with the sniper for the sake of making things a little more fair. Will a majority of people cry and complain ? Of course they will. But if this game wants to become fair for everyone, things are gonna have to be experimented with and changes are gonna have to happen.

Only thing I can think of so that people won't complain AS much is making a [NSC] - No Scope roomtag, so players who want a fair chance can throw the roomtag up, and those who prefer the first-person perspective advantage can keep playing as they wish.
    I agree more on the [NCS] maybe. But even if change is needed, no matter how they nerf snipers, there will always be people who will cry about it. Why change the whole concept of snipers and remove the scope ;-;. Even shotguns are somewhat unfair, spamming at 850 delay to your face while trying to aim. All weapons need a benefit '-'

I'm not completely disagreeing with you, but taking out the whole scope is in my opinion a no-no. qwq

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Michi View Post
    I agree more on the [NCS] maybe. But even if change is needed, no matter how they nerf snipers, there will always be people who will cry about it. Why change the whole concept of snipers and remove the scope ;-;. Even shotguns are somewhat unfair, spamming at 850 delay to your face while trying to aim. All weapons need a benefit '-'

I'm not completely disagreeing with you, but taking out the whole scope is in my opinion a no-no. qwq
    Oh no trust me. I'm not at all implying to leave SGs untouched. At PB and even at long distance range those ****ers are way too OP. But people have grown to love the way SGs are now. SGs are a far far more sensitive topic. God forbid you lower the delay in a SG by like 1 damn number and it'll spark WWIII.

Anyway, forgot to respond to your question you asked earlier. In regards to that, IMO I think it makes it a little more difficult to aim with snipers in third-person. It's like aiming with a rev almost. Only thing is that close range with these snipers would be far too OP for those with 10000000/10 aim, and would most likely have to be looked into for some sort of balance.

Also keep in mind, I'm not at all saying to just take the scope off and leave snipers the way they are and that'd be the magical solution to everything. They would still need more balancing. They can balance it however they see fit, I'm just asking them to take this first step of removing the scope, or at least take it into consideration '-'

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

4. The following user said thank you to Eddie for this useful post:

Michi (03-20-2015)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lt Eddie View Post
    Oh no trust me. I'm not at all implying to leave SGs untouched. At PB and even at long distance range those ****ers are way too OP. But people have grown to love the way SGs are now. SGs are a far far more sensitive topic. God forbid you lower the delay in a SG by like 1 damn number and it'll spark WWIII.

Anyway, forgot to respond to your question you asked earlier. In regards to that, IMO I think it makes it a little more difficult to aim with snipers in third-person. It's like aiming with a rev almost. Only thing is that close range with these snipers would be far too OP for those with 10000000/10 aim, and would most likely have to be looked into for some sort of balance.

Also keep in mind, I'm not at all saying to just take the scope off and leave snipers the way they are and that'd be the magical solution to everything. They would still need more balancing. They can balance it however they see fit, I'm just asking them to take this first step of removing the scope, or at least take it into consideration '-'
    I understand, but I say to look more into that [NSC] idea. People like me have grown to love snipes, heck it's practically all I'm good at anymore. I'd say leave it as a scope. I'd even say to lower the dmg by alot so it could be 3 shots like the lower lvl snipes. But please, the scope has to stay!

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Michi View Post
    I understand, but I say to look more into that [NSC] idea. People like me have grown to love snipes, heck it's practically all I'm good at anymore. I'd say leave it as a scope. I'd even say to lower the dmg by alot so it could be 3 shots like the lower lvl snipes. But please, the scope has to stay!
    Snipers would be so damn much better for me if they got rid of the scope, it would actually make it easier for me as now you have a disadvantage at close range cause it zooms in and makes your crosshair move slower >.<, maybe they should zoom it in even further???

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    Snipers would be so damn much better for me if they got rid of the scope, it would actually make it easier for me as now you have a disadvantage at close range cause it zooms in and makes your crosshair move slower >.<, maybe they should zoom it in even further???
    No, just leave the scope alone and focus on something else that would balance it out with other weapons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information