Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunZ

Suggestion title: Third-person sniper aim

Suggestion description:

You can balance these snipers however you want, but as far as I'm concerned they'll always be OP no matter what you do to them when you're giving them first-person aiming abilities in a third-person game. I've stated this numerous times around the forums, so now that suggestions are actually being replied to, hopefully this gets some more attention.

Anyway, everyone else's guns have to aim in third person. Snipers can only shoot when you zoom in and are given more of a first-person aiming kind of perspective. Other servers have snipers that aim in third-person, so I know it's possible. For those who don't know how it would work, it would just be a sniper aiming the same way you would with a shotgun, rev/pistol, MG, etc. There wouldn't be the ability to zoom in with a scope. You do still have to use an alternative fire to be able to shoot the sniper, but instead of the alternative fire zooming in, it just makes your character go invisible and the screen stays the same, no zoom no nothing. If people don't like the invisible thing, we can obv just make the alternative fire do something else, but the main point I want to stress is to make snipers aim in third-person.

What do you guys think ?

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Could also do a no need to use alt fire to be able to shoot and just make it have 5000 delay? xD

Thanks
    You should prob give an example / ss of some sort. I think they are fine the way they are in terms of aiming. The accuracy of snipers, however, I have come to question a bit >_>

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Suggestive View Post
    You should prob give an example / ss of some sort. I think they are fine the way they are in terms of aiming. The accuracy of snipers, however, I have come to question a bit >_>
    Basically, he just means remove the scope, that's all. I've played a server with this and it's alright.

Thanks
    Yeah but that is very unrealistic... and takes away the feel of a sniper and some of the range perks of using it.. no me gusta

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    Yeah but that is very unrealistic... and takes away the feel of a sniper and some of the range perks of using it.. no me gusta
    Ye cause you always see *****s butterflying in real life right? This is a game buddy.

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    Ye cause you always see *****s butterflying in real life right? This is a game buddy.

OT: Honestly when I came to this server I liked the scope, playing without it at this point in the server would make a lot of people rage I think

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    You attacked one point, which was taken to the extreme for ur own argument's sake, and ignored the rest as well as the glaring obvious fact that Sonji just stated. And as I stated earlier, that is just my opinion of this suggestion. Why use a sniper if you can't see across the map any easier? It's pretty counter-intuitive and a detriment to the weapon and game IMO. But hey, free bumps for this thread.

oh and to be honest, I like Sonji's suggest regarding snipers more. They are pretty darn close to being balanced except for a couple of issues/areas, and I think dialing back the delay and adding some negative stats/weight/etc will help.
    Last edited by Suggestive; 03-20-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    You attacked one point, which was taken to the extreme for ur own argument's sake, and ignored the rest as well as the glaring obvious fact that Sonji just stated. And as I stated earlier, that is just my opinion of this suggestion. Why use a sniper if you can't see across the map any easier? It's pretty counter-intuitive and a detriment to the weapon and game IMO. But hey, free bumps for this thread.

oh and to be honest, I like Sonji's suggest regarding snipers more. They are pretty darn close to being balanced except for a couple of issues/areas, and I think dialing back the delay and adding some negative stats/weight/etc will help.
    I didn't mention the rest because I agree with you, but that argument was really dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Sonji View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aos__QyQhF0

OT: Honestly when I came to this server I liked the scope, playing without it at this point in the server would make a lot of people rage I think
    Fcking brs.... smh

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Honestly it's the scope that makes a sniper a sniper <_<.

Giving it a third person view (Idk because I've never played with it) would make it even more op wouldn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information