Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Just to be clear, we all know delay is in milliseconds right?
    Okay good. So then the difference between 850 -> 900 is .02 of a second.

I don't think the effect would be noticeable but would require a pretty large edit to the zitem (to rebalance all shotguns if this happens to any).
    I'm also eliminating the possibility of donors being at a 1 second delay. (hah no)

I think FGunZ is rather balanced in TTK time, because it also has to be considered that donors are technically above level 99 equipment but accessible from any level. Thus they have to be strong but they are not unkillable at all. Seem's fair to me.

You believe that it doesn't make a big difference? Okay, say that to people who play fighting games professionally and are precise at punishing up to a single frame (1/60th of a second).

Ao's Avatar Advanced Member

Thanks
    I think donor shotguns weren't made for spamming it was simply for the more better damage reason o.o

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ao View Post
    I think donor shotguns weren't made for spamming it was simply for the more better damage reason o.o
    Donors used to have the same delay as bounty shotguns up until v7 where donors received a delay change and red donator shotties were nerfed to the floor.

It got even worse with the introduction of Limitbreaker.

FGunZ Legend

Country
    Thanks
    Sounds to me that non-donors just dont like the fact that donors have a slight delay advantage (When the delay is canceled by reloading anyway) Therefore, this conversation is null and void.

After all, how many times have people seen Naked players, completely dominating other players that are geared in full donor. It is all based upon your skill in playing the game, do not cry over menial things.

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by AncientVu View Post
    Sounds to me that non-donors just dont like the fact that donors have a slight delay advantage (When the delay is canceled by reloading anyway) Therefore, this conversation is null and void
    That's not how RS works.

FGunZ Legend

Country
    Thanks
    Regardless, the game is based purely upon the players ability to press the keys and aim with the mouse, your skill does not come from SG's or their delays, they are factors, but not a big enough factor to actually affect anyone who is actually any good. Naked Players with Rusty and B3, can easily 3 shot a Fully Geared donor with Limit and Genesis. It simply depends on you're level of skill.
    Last edited by AncientVu; 03-23-2015 at 04:01 AM.

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    Regardless, the game is based purely upon the players ability to press the keys and aim with the mouse, your skill does not come from SG's or their delays, they are factors, but not a big enough factor to actually affect anyone who is actually any good. Naked Players with Rusty and B3, can easily 3 shot a Fully Geared donor with Limit and Genesis. It simply depends on you're level of skill.
    Bro, you're talking to me. Someone who can beat you on a daily basis.

Now I'll explain to you:
    When you shoot the gun still keeps the delay even though you cancel it's animation with a reload that's why your third shot with a shotgun happens slightly later than normal because the delay still hasn't ended. With 1000 delay you have to wait for your third shot while with 800/850 it's basically uniform. Hence it is a big factor because it decreases the timing of your 3rd/4th shots. If both players aim and hit the same amount of times the player with the lower delay will win because his shots will simply come out faster.

FGunZ Legend

Country
    Thanks
    Come in game, i will show you how to cancel the delay and speed up your third and forth shots, also a way to make your SECOND shot about 100ms faster than the delay the shotgun shows.
    Its all in the moves you know, and the combinations between them.

i'm on the char Explode atm, whisp me and i'll show u, its actually a very simple trick. I'll prove it to you Just like i can prove theres a style that has no dashes other than gear taps.
    Last edited by AncientVu; 03-23-2015 at 04:08 AM.

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    Come in game, i will show you how to cancel the delay and speed up your third and forth shots, also a way to make your SECOND shot about 100ms faster than the delay the shotgun shows.
    You can "cancel" the delay only slightly by altering the timing of the first and second shot but reload shot will never be as fast as it is with 800/850 delay.

FGunZ Legend

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ekital View Post
    You can "cancel" the delay only slightly by altering the timing of the first and second shot but reload shot will never be as fast as it is with 800/850 delay.
    This is true, but what i am speaking of is the fact that theres other ways than just altering your timing, such as with a reload shot, jump dash slash shoot reload, dont move, switch shoot reload, will make your second shot faster than the shotguns delay, which will also let your next jump animation be canceled by a silent blink dash to chain into BSLD
    Last edited by AncientVu; 03-23-2015 at 04:13 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information