Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunZ

Suggestion title: An Easier Way To Toggle Between General, Clan, Team, & Invited (@) Chats

Suggestion description:

In short, I was thinking of making it so we could lock onto a certain chat mode, rather than having to constantly add the #s, the @s, the ' for team chat, etc. whenever we want to talk or respond to someone.

Basically the way I picture it out in my head:

- Press 'Enter' to go type
    - Press CTRL + TAB
    - Have a list come up with the different chat modes (similar to how it looks when you press just TAB and the list of IGNs show up)
    - Navigate down to the chat mode you desire (same way you would if you were finding an IGN)
    - Anything you type from there on out will be in that chat mode, so you don't always have to add your #s, @s, press ' or do any of that shit

I don't know if it would be possible to do that for when you're in the lobby as well, or if this is even possible at all, but if so then that'd be great!

And also, no, I'm not saying to remove the #, @, ', or /r commands themselves. The point of this suggestion is mostly for when there are big discussions going on in a certain chat mode, like if you're discussing something in your clan and a lot of people are talking at once, or if someone is whispering a lot to you and it gets difficult to keep up.

'-'

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Eddie for this useful post:

Aokiji (04-01-2015), Ryöu (04-01-2015)

Prone's Avatar Honesty is key ~

Country
    Thanks
    Good idea, but I dont think its necessary. Its not too much of a hassle to do the commands for typing in a specific chat.
    Credits to Azuki

* ~ Obsessed With Love ~ *
    +*~Give me your Heart; I'll give you my Life~*+
    Check out my poems at: http://meaningbehindit.blogspot.com/

4. The following user said thank you to Prone for this useful post:

Aokiji (04-01-2015)

Resort's Avatar Aloha

Country
    Thanks
    It's the kind of function they have in most games. I made an example of what it could be like in the lobby, just to give an idea:

The buttons could be in either place. The one underneath the chatbox is probably better.

Not sure how it could work in game though.
    Last edited by Resort; 04-07-2015 at 12:13 AM.

6. The following 2 users say thank you to Resort for this useful post:

Eddie (04-07-2015), Ommadawn (04-07-2015)

Thread Information