Resort's Avatar Aloha

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: Forum

Suggestion title: Function for starting a private chat

Suggestion description: To have some other way of starting a private chat with a user. Currently, you can't start a private chat with a user without them having typed in the chatbox already. You need to have a name to click on in order to start a private chat. Sometimes I need to message someone, but I can't because they haven't typed. It seems rather irrelevant to private message them or visitor message them when what I need to tell them is private, so it's no good using visitor message, or going through the trouble of making a private message just for one thing that I could have told them so much faster through the chat. I was thinking of some kind of command, such as /pc (name) that would bring up their private chat tab.

Last edited by Resort; 04-05-2015 at 12:21 AM.

2. The following 4 users say thank you to Resort for this useful post:

Bulbasaur (04-05-2015), Michi (04-05-2015), Ommadawn (04-05-2015), SuperShotty (04-07-2015)

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Adding on to this, when you are private messaging someone in chatbox, currently you don't see it unless the chat hasn't gone up. So how about, when you log in, it has the message waiting for your response.

So it'd work like this:

The person I sent that to would see that when they log in, or simply just have a their name on the top of the chatbox if they've sent something you haven't replied to yet.
    Other than that I fully agree with this.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Also, make it available to click on their names when they post or answer in a specific thread.

5. The following user said thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

SuperShotty (04-07-2015)

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks

Change the userid with the one you want to PM, for example, Dave's page says his ID is 56, replace the element with 56 and click the name which is highlighted in yellow and click it > you'll now PM the user you want.

Result;

That's just temporarily fix if you want to use it, do so but I also think Dave should add what you suggested.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

7. The following user said thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

SuperShotty (04-07-2015)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Do I need to go through this pain to type a private message?

9. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

SuperShotty (04-07-2015)

Thread Information