Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Le Cameron's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Okay well, I've researched it. 1.) The cop is not allowed to do anything to him until his guardian is present. 2.) The minor is not entitled to answer any questions the cop asks. 3.) The cop didn't have the necessary requirements to bring the tazer into play.

For one; why is the cop tazing, and pepper spraying the minor if he is not allowed to do anything to the minor until the guardian is present. (Excessive force) (Potential lawsuit for tazer abuse)

For two; why does the cop "TRY" to delete the video. (Tampering with Evidence)

For three; why is the cop repeatedly tazing the minor after he says he's going to get out of the vehicle.

I be god damn if a cop tries this on me.
    |Never forgetti YoungSavagé|
    [1:566 PM] Mike: if I made a hooker leave crying
    [1:569 PM] (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง: ROFL
    [1:56:50 PM] Mike: doesn't that mean I win?

Ollypayy's Avatar LateDash Kiiiiiiiiinggggg

Thanks
    I always lol when cops go on about how they're part of the law & all this other bullshit

g0d damn police are given powers t0 act in the best interests of the public & t0 act with discretion

thank g0d warrants exist t0 act sorta as a 'judicial safeguard' 0therwise this werld g0n be corrupt af

curr3ntli a full-time comm/law student & I can't wa1t till I get pulled over just so I can g0 full legal 0n dere asssss r0flllllllllllllllllllllll

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by IjjiLiterature View Post
    Okay well, I've researched it. 1.) The cop is not allowed to do anything to him until his guardian is present. 2.) The minor is not entitled to answer any questions the cop asks. 3.) The cop didn't have the necessary requirements to bring the tazer into play.
    Normally that's the case, but the kid was being detained for suspicion of marijuana possession. That makes it a bit different. If they have reason to believe this kid is committing a crime and they have probable cause to follow up on (the typical "I smell weed" card), then they have every right to make him get out of the car and search the minor, regardless of if mommy is there or not. He would be entitled to a phone call and to have mommy present, should they arrest him and bring him down to the station or anything, but other than that they had every right to try to search him in the moment.

For one; why is the cop tazing, and pepper spraying the minor if he is not allowed to do anything to the minor until the guardian is present. (Excessive force) (Potential lawsuit for tazer abuse)
    Like I said earlier, when they have probable cause, are suspicious of a crime, and they tell him he's being detained, it makes the whole situation different. Cos wtf are rights anyway ? As bitter of a pill it is to swallow, they did have every right to bring out the taser. They tried to get him out of the car and he resisted "forcefully" (emphasis on the quotes). So something that small is enough for them to tase. To initially go to cocking a gun though and threatening him to get out of the car ? That wasn't necessary, hell the use of a gun wasn't even necessary at all. So that kind of pissed me off.

For two; why does the cop "TRY" to delete the video. (Tampering with Evidence)
    From what we see in the video, he only goes looking for the phone to shut the recording off. Not necessarily sure if that affects anything with the law so I won't comment on that and 2lazy to research it. But I did look into the reports on the case itself, and the cop allegedly did try to delete the evidence off of the girl's phone. The girl complained saying when she got her phone back that the video was moved to her "Recently Deleted" folder on her iPhone, so it was still retrievable and able to be recovered. But then again you never know. With aggressive kids like these, they most likely don't favor the law enforcers. Just like cops are more than capable of "planting evidence" on a certain race they don't like, who's to say she didn't delete the video herself to try to screw them over ? But idk

For three; why is the cop repeatedly tazing the minor after he says he's going to get out of the vehicle.
    This is the only thing that pissed me off. Once the kid submits after they tase him, they still feel the need to act like pigs and threaten him with being tased a second time. The kid's in ****ing tears and can barely compile a normal sentence without having to stop and catch a breath. The **** is he gonna be capable of doing in that emotional state after he already resisted ?

Idk bro. The world is a beautiful place awaiting to be explored, but shit like this just makes me want to stay inside. I've been detained multiple times just taking a normal ****ing walk. Suspicion of robbery and all this bullshit. Guess that's what happens when you're dark skinned in a rich, predominantly white neighborhood

So yeah... life lesson: Fck 12. Fck the 5-0. Fck da police Oh and smoke weed in your house too if you're gonna smoke. Safest place '-'

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    There are good cops and bad cops in every country.
    Tomorrow comes today

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    hes lucky he was white or this woulda been a whole nther story

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information