μ

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunz

Suggestion title:
    No snipers roomtag [NSN]

Suggestion description:

Pretty self-explanatory. Some people dislike the fact that they go from full hp to red in one shot (in the span of half a second) half way across the map. Would bring much more fair gameplay to TDMs. Not to mention that it's completely optional and honestly isn't too difficult to add.

"but i fukin spent 200 fukin coins on a fukin donation snipers" - fgunz trash
    [V] makes the donation set and donation rings completely useless. [sgo] makes all other playstyles completely useless. I don't see what's wrong with adding this.

"but y dont u use [sgo] if u dnt liek snipers u stupid cnt" - fgunz trash #2
    Because snipers are OP as **** and some people like to rev/spray.

Thank you for reading my suggestion! I hope you consider this (:

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Shino for this useful post:

Kristoper (04-15-2015), Ricky (04-15-2015)

Prone's Avatar Honesty is key ~

Country
    Thanks
    As a sniper, normally I'd disagree with you, but I do understand how annoying snipers are in tdms. I dont think there will ever be a tag that restricts a certain ranged weapon. If there was a tag to remove snipers, then wouldnt there be a responsibility to make a tag that restricts shotguns/revs/rocket/etc? Just ask the person nicely not to use snipers '-'
    Credits to Azuki

* ~ Obsessed With Love ~ *
    +*~Give me your Heart; I'll give you my Life~*+
    Check out my poems at: http://meaningbehindit.blogspot.com/

4. The following user said thank you to Prone for this useful post:

Shino (04-15-2015)

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Prone View Post
    As a sniper, normally I'd disagree with you, but I do understand how annoying snipers are in tdms. I dont think there will ever be a tag that restricts a certain ranged weapon. If there was a tag to remove snipers, then wouldnt there be a responsibility to make a tag that restricts shotguns/revs/rocket/etc? Just ask the person nicely not to use snipers '-'
    [EX] pretty much nullifies rockets completely, that's a certain play-style gone. Shotguns require a certain aspect of risk, you can't simply shoot someone from half way across the map and make them red. However with snipers, no matter what your distance is from the other player, right click > left click > shoot and you're d-o-n-e m8.

But yeah, I do see where you're coming from. But I honestly doubt most rooms would utilize this tag, mainly just certain TDMs.

Banned

Thanks
    F*ck sniper's

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    I validate your point on the long-range sniper in general being too OP, but even if so it's somewhat inconsequential. Mainly because shotguns aren't all that balanced severely either, you can spam/PB someone with a shotgun jumping all around the place and get pretty much an easy kill. I do understand it's irritating to be 2 shotted, but both parties are hard to defeat. Shotgun delay ~900 delay and snipers now ~2500 delay. What I'm saying is, snipers aren't very hard to defeat, it is quite a hassle to aim a person doing all these moves and you trying to snipe them with bullets that don't spread. I'd rather say limit the damage to maybe 3-4 shots rather than making such room tag to cut out snipers in a whole.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Adding this roomtag is not a way to "fix" the snipers, they will have to be re-balanced if you think the snipers are currently too OP. Even if we add such roomtag, it will probably be used in every room. We're not going to add this in.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Thread Information