Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cactus's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    in events staff spend about 10 minutes typing out the rules of each event, is there any way to make another command like "/colors" so that it displays the info if people need to do so, this stops the staff don't having to type this out every time, instead if someone needs to know the can type "/rules dodge ball" and it will show the the rules as it would normally for color
    Spoiler!

2. The following user said thank you to Cactus for this useful post:

Ricky (04-22-2015)

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    That's actually amazing idea but if it's going to be implemented that's how it should work;
    - Only staff member can use it so people won't abuse the command at the lobby in event/regular channels to cause spam.
    - Making the commands for example;
    /dodgeball - that would automatically prompt out all the rules for Dodgeball.
    /hide&seek - that would prompt out all the rules for hide and seek and so on.

+1 for your idea I hope they approve it.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Cactus's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    thanks, and i thought that people might spam it so make it only show up for you like the other commands
    Spoiler!

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    if people spam it then make it in such a way that all a gm has to say is everyone type /rule 'dodgeball' persay and only the person who typed the command can see it and no1 else so its the individuals own responsibility if they know the rules or not

event enthusiast

Country
    Thanks
    It should be prepared like for events, for example, when you say /rulesfordodgeball anywhere except the event room, it tells an message like ''Wrong command'', but when you're at the event room it'd tell you the rules for example, /rulesfordodgeball: Your goal is to dodge the hosts rockets, bla bla bla bla, like that.

Or an 2nd option, when the Hosts says ''x command'' it automatically shows the rules for everyone in the room(if able to work for)
    Last edited by Omarun; 04-19-2015 at 11:50 PM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    This idea came up like a year ago by a staff member (forgot who).
    I'd say yes if we can prompt a bunch of lines in the lobby room when doing /dodgeball /hns and such.

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    Thought of this before '-' never bothered suggesting it because explaining isn't that hard honestly. Would make me feel more like a robot.

9. The following 2 users say thank you to Sonji for this useful post:

Bulbasaur (04-22-2015), Michi (04-22-2015)

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sonji View Post
    Thought of this before '-' never bothered suggesting it because explaining isn't that hard honestly. Would make me feel more like a robot.
    This, it's no fun saying /dodgeball then starting. It's in my opinion more fun explaining the way I want to players rather than typing a command, and like Sonji said it's not hard to say no lagging/spiking almost every event..? This is my opinion but there are a lot more significant things that should get done rather than to take the time to code something I would personally NEVER use if coded.

Might aswell code event team members while we're at it.
    Last edited by Michi; 04-22-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    What I think is good about this is that people that jump in after it started, who got no clue what is going on and is all like "wtf is this? '-' ", can just type /Simon says or w/e and read about the event.

But I have no problem with going through the rules. Like Michi said, it would be kinda boring to just create the room and just say "ready up" immediately.

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    It's honestly not that bad of an idea. It makes things more efficient if anything and gets rid of redundancy. We already know people like to rush in GunZ and want things to happen at a fast pace. A majority of people also already know the rules to all of the events. Hell, the second they enter the password they're already ready to frigging play xD.

If this could be coded similar to Omarun's first idea (making the rules an Event Channel exclusive thing), maybe give like a 30 second countdown once the password is announced, so everyone has a chance to /dodgeballrules, /hnsrules, or w.e if they need to be informed of the rules, or if they need to change weapons/sets/etc. Plus no one will have to repeat themselves either for late joiners who didn't get to see the rules.

Also, making things easier for you guys doesn't necessarily mean taking away all your fun and turning you into a robot. I don't really see how making a simple command for others to check the rules and making things more efficient would make you guys feel like hosting is more "boring," as opposed to doing something so tedious as writing memorized lines over and over again, almost as if you're REALLY a robot xD. Isn't all the fun, freedom, and creativity in hosting anyway ? Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this would really take up THAT much extra space in the client either. Also, I thought when you use personal commands, like /freestyle and /colors, that other players can't see it. So why would spam be an issue if this /rules thing could be coded the same way ?

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information