Banned

Thanks
    Hello, it's ^CBonobo^9.
    Many of you are probably familiar with the clan "Soup" and maybe also myself. Recently my account was hacked and my clan, Soup, was stolen by my original administrator, Olympics. He used my account to promote himself to the leader of the clan. Whether this was intended as a joke, I do not care. I never have shared my account information with anybody before. I was playing a game; when I exited to the lobby I was a "member" of my clan. I've reported this situation to Dave and George and I'm hoping they can resolve the situation (ban Olympics) and return my leadership status in Soup. Until then, me and a few people have made a new start, and clan Saigon will hopefully continue as the new Soup.

http://fgunz.net/clan/view/Soup

2. The following user said thank you to Bonobo for this useful post:

Mikio (04-29-2015)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Hi..

1) I don't think "hacking into accounts" is even the right way to phrase this situation. I know Olympics personally (Michael) and he would never do anything such as this, I do not see why he would benefit from even getting this clan, the name is basic and the members are all coloured name people -- there would be no thrill for doing something such as this.

2) Have you ever had the idea that you probably have shared your account? If you PM'd Dave or George, they will be able to see the recent IPs that are logged on your account. If they're different, then you have most certainly shared your account. Situations like this usually don't relate to hacking, there are logs of everything.

3) I have the feeling that you accidentally gave him Leadership rights after attempting to kick him or misclicked one day while you were in the lobby. This has happened to me when I change Member grades to Administrator ones, its regularly done.

4) He will not be banned, everything is logged and there is a certain limit to how much of an ability people can have when it comes to hacks, there is no "account hack".

5) Making a thread attempting to get this person banned and inform people that he "hacked your account" (without even providing evidence) is just wrong, I don't see why this thread is of any valuable information, you should have just told the community that you created a temporary clan, or even just your closest friends.

Regardless of my opinion, I do think that whatever the scenario is, you get your clan back. I wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by Zachary; 04-29-2015 at 06:10 AM.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to Zachary for this useful post:

Aokiji (04-29-2015), Ryöu (04-29-2015)

Banned

Thanks
    I think you misunderstand. Olympics is one of the first members I recruited for my clan, and I thought he was a good friend. He was an administrator of the clan. This was no accident, and whether or not the account was hacked, don't act like i'm on an ignorant rant about nothing or like i'm making a false accusation because that is certainly what happened and any member of my clan would vouch for me.
    In addition, this change was absolutely done from the website since Olympics was not even online at the time.
    I would never share my account information to anyone, and I never have.
    I know Michael Li as well as you do, and he is very likely playing a joke on me.

And also my close friends suggested i make this thread in order to inform people what is going on, thank you.
    Last edited by Bonobo; 04-29-2015 at 06:15 AM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    He was an administrator of the clan. This was no accident"
    Easily could have just given him Leadership status when you meant to click something else. Logs might show it.

don't act like i'm on an ignorant rant about nothing or like i'm making a false accusation
    Never said you're on a rant, please highlight where I said you're being ignorant and ranting.
    You technically are making a false accusation, you said he hacked it but then you just said "whether he hacked it or not"
    Falsely accusing someone is basically saying that "he did this" but you're not showing proper evidence.

my close friends suggested i make this thread in order to inform people what is going on
    Nobody needs to know about this other than GM's or Dave (since it is account related), unless it is the new clan topic.

Banned

Thanks
    So you believe I accidentally promoted Olympics from the website, while he was not online, while I was playing a game. Sounds reasonable, thanks for your input.

I'm not spreading rumors. Here is your evidence.

http://fgunz.net/clan/view/Soup

Not an accident.

If a GM would look in to this (already PM) then they would see that my account was logged in from a different IP address, without a doubt.
    Last edited by Bonobo; 04-29-2015 at 06:22 AM.

summon2dark's Avatar Trashed

Thanks
    THe problem is that he didnt have any other ip's logged into his account. I have been a member of soup for almost 4-5 months now? (correct me if im wrong bon). As i explained to him This wasnt an account hack it was a website hack. Basic scripting will get you far in this world, and since you can change the Clan settings promote and remove people on the website, you can also change the whole form without being the owner. I wont go into detail but it is possible.

건즈의 세계는 검은 색과 흰색이 아닙니다. 그것은 화려한 그림, 자세한 그림입니다!

9. The following user said thank you to summon2dark for this useful post:

Bonobo (04-29-2015)

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by summon2dark View Post
    THe problem is that he didnt have any other ip's logged into his account. I have been a member of soup for almost 4-5 months now? (correct me if im wrong bon). As i explained to him This wasnt an account hack it was a website hack. Basic scripting will get you far in this world, and since you can change the Clan settings promote and remove people on the website, you can also change the whole form without being the owner. I wont go into detail but it is possible.
    No, it's not possible. (I even just tested it out to confirm your statement.)
    The clan management script contains checks to see if the current logged in user is the owner of the clan and it's also not possible to change the leader grade on the website.

Also, no one logged into Bonobo's account for a long time, the only way this happened is that he gave him leader in-game.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

11. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Lenny (04-29-2015)

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    No, it's not possible. (I even just tested it out to confirm your statement.)
    The clan management script contains checks to see if the current logged in user is the owner of the clan and it's also not possible to change the leader grade on the website.

Also, no one logged into Bonobo's account for a long time, the only way this happened is that he gave him leader in-game.
    Meaning Bono and Olympics had to be online within the time being of the clan getting 'stolen' since it can't be done through fgunz.net?

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Michi View Post
    Meaning Bono and Olympics had to be online within the time being of the clan getting 'stolen' since it can't be done through fgunz.net?
    Indeed, it's simply impossible to change the leader through the website. It's not even coded. (That is if he even had access to his account in the first place.)
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

14. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Lenny (04-29-2015)

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    As far as I'm concerned, Dave is one of the youngest coders who has more than a decent experience in web security related stuff, he wouldn't release a website without testing it first for security exploits and backdoors.
    I highly doubt there are any "fgunz website hacks" and/or whatsoever that would let you take clan administrative permission, that is impossible.
    I checked both your IP & HWID logs, they haven't changed for long time which means nobody has been on your account.
    If anything - you made Olymp a leader of the clan accidentally by right clicking > make this user leader of the clan.
    With that being said, we will take no actions regarding the clan leadership.
    If anything, I'd like the personal agreement of Olymp himself before I take any further actions such as passing the leadership back to you.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

16. The following user said thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

Lenny (04-29-2015)

Thread Information