Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    μ

Country
    Thanks
    Snipers

Snipers are metaphorically the "ebola of fgunz" as quoted by several fgunz players. It's perhaps the most irritating thing when someone joins a TDM with a sniper and literally drains half your HP and all of your AP immediately.

My suggestions on how to deal with them

Increasing the time after a scope before you an shoot
    The previous "nerf" was completely ineffective. Snipers are still overpowered and used practically as a rev with 100% accuracy and 3 times the damage.

Increasing the weight or adding negative HP/AP penalties (ty sonji for the idea)
    Similar to the 1 hit nades. Would make it much more fair when playing against different play-styles.

Adding a [NSNO] tag which prevents snipers from being allowed in the room (similar to the [EX] tag)
    I don't understand why room-tag suggestions are being spurned in order for the next update. If it's because of there being an excessive amount, certain room-tags such as [KS] which practically no use uses should be removed.

Pretty much the only con of nerfing snipers
    A handful of people saying they'll quit because of the nerf and a week later end up no-lifing the game again (yes fox i'm talking to you).

Comparing shotguns to snipers

The only argument I've seen is that "omg nerf shootgunz bcz yu can 3-shoot some1 witth them too."
    You can 3-shot someone provided you're right next to them, that also makes you susceptible to also being 3-shot as well. Whilst using a sniper, regardless of your distance to your opponent (whether you're across the map or right next your opponent), you can still shoot twice and kill them.

I'd personally lean towards the room-tag option because it provides an option for the community instead of changing the entire mechanism of the snipers. Not to mention it's a lot easier.

thanks for reading

2. The following 18 users say thank you to Shino for this useful post:

Alpha (05-07-2015), Bunny (05-12-2015), Castiel (05-12-2015), Corrupt (05-03-2015), Kristoper (05-07-2015), Layne (05-03-2015), Le Cameron (05-03-2015), Lil Xàn (05-04-2015), Nerval (05-03-2015), Noisia (05-03-2015), Ommadawn (05-04-2015), qais187 (05-03-2015), Rainion (05-03-2015), SaintSnow (05-09-2015), Sonji (05-04-2015), Strain (05-12-2015), Traumatiser (05-03-2015), YoungSavagÉ (05-03-2015)

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    No please
    #learnntododgethesniper

Thank you and credit ~ GeorgeGFX

4. The following user said thank you to Eeksdee for this useful post:

Koroshite (05-03-2015)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    finally a br who understands how cancerous snipers are wd shino i praise u for this

Lexus's Avatar Hello!

Country
    Thanks
    No pls D:

Satan's Avatar 야~ 기분 딱 조타!

Country
    Thanks
    Previous nerf was more than enough and i still think it was way too far. they coulda nerf the dmg of it not the QS.
    If this suggestion is accepted, its better to remove snipe from fgunz ever or to nerf delay of sg as well.
    there are so many qqers about this

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    you could have suggested this;

- completely remove snipers from the game as they are an extra weapons that were added to the game (the game would be pretty much balanced after that removal)

+ give refund to people who have bought donation snipers

9. The following 3 users say thank you to Opeth for this useful post:

Castiel (05-12-2015), ImErik (05-12-2015), Syzygy (05-12-2015)

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shino View Post
    Snipers

Snipers are metaphorically the "ebola of fgunz" as quoted by several fgunz players. It's perhaps the most irritating thing when someone joins a TDM with a sniper and literally drains half your HP and all of your AP immediately.

My suggestions on how to deal with them

Increasing the time after a scope before you an shoot
    The previous "nerf" was completely ineffective. Snipers are still overpowered and used practically as a rev with 100% accuracy and 3 times the damage.

Increasing the weight or adding negative HP/AP penalties (ty sonji for the idea)
    Similar to the 1 hit nades. Would make it much more fair when playing against different play-styles.

Adding a [NSNO] tag which prevents snipers from being allowed in the room (similar to the [EX] tag)
    I don't understand why room-tag suggestions are being spurned in order for the next update. If it's because of there being an excessive amount, certain room-tags such as [KS] which practically no use uses should be removed.

Pretty much the only con of nerfing snipers
    A handful of people saying they'll quit because of the nerf and a week later end up no-lifing the game again (yes fox i'm talking to you).

Comparing shotguns to snipers

The only argument I've seen is that "omg nerf shootgunz bcz yu can 3-shoot some1 witth them too."
    You can 3-shot someone provided you're right next to them, that also makes you susceptible to also being 3-shot as well. Whilst using a sniper, regardless of your distance to your opponent (whether you're across the map or right next your opponent), you can still shoot twice and kill them.

I'd personally lean towards the room-tag option because it provides an option for the community instead of changing the entire mechanism of the snipers. Not to mention it's a lot easier.

thanks for reading
    That roomtag option wont help for all the trigger happy shotgun spamming CWers QQing about snipers that hit them from accros the map (still beats me how they shoot through all those walls without hacking though).

Though the damage might need some decreasing yes. However do not add another scope delay on top of it or a roomtag solely for banning out snipers (if that would be done there should be a roomtag for every weapon to ban them out).

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    It's impossible to satisfy both parties of the snipers "problem". We're not going to add any roomtags anymore though, neither are we going to remove snipers completely from the game.

I'm not convinced to do any of the suggested things in this thread.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Cactus's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Well dave, in order to make everyone happy you could create a no sniper room tag, just so that the people who dislike the snipers can create their own games with the no sniper game tag. That would probably be the only way to sort it because im my opinion snipers should be 2 hit shots which they are now
    Spoiler!

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Well dave, in order to make everyone happy you could create a no sniper room tag, just so that the people who dislike the snipers can create their own games with the no sniper game tag. That would probably be the only way to sort it because im my opinion snipers should be 2 hit shots which they are now
    If we add such roomtag, I'm pretty sure it will be used in almost every room.
    But like I said, we're not going to add any roomtags anymore in preparation for v8.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information