Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Deviok View Post
    I like how you guys pay some attention to gladiator, hopefully this tourney ends well. My two cents:

1. Why do you hate Kodachis?
    2. You need to stipulate what happens in the case of a draw. I see that you put "first to 11 kills wins" but imagine this: the score is 10-10 and then the next round is a double KO. Oh shit. I'd imagine that whoever gets the next kill would win, but it's something you should mention because some players just require idiot notes.
    3. "Pedal" is so loosely defined that anyone can claim that their opponent is pedaling(which in most cases they do anyways). The best thing you can do to address this issue is to have a time limit to rounds, which is what you did. 3 minutes is too long though, shorter rounds would encourage more aggressive play. Average round duration of high level play is around 30 seconds, even with 120/100 stats and rusty swords.
    1. I just literally copy pasted this from a previous gladiator tournament, but I guess the reason is due to Kodachi's being different than swords and all gladiators usually fight with normal swords.
    2. It's highly unlikely, but if that happens then obviously they have to re-do a match.
    3. That's why they have to record a replay, in case someone accuses the other person of something, we can check it.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    It'd probably be a good idea to have a staff member monitor the gameplay. @Deviok, sup bro been awhile.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    1. I just literally copy pasted this from a previous gladiator tournament, but I guess the reason is due to Kodachi's being different than swords and all gladiators usually fight with normal swords.
    2. It's highly unlikely, but if that happens then obviously they have to re-do a match.
    3. That's why they have to record a replay, in case someone accuses the other person of something, we can check it.
    1. Yeah and they'll continue to only fight with a katana if every competition bans them for no reason. If there's not a valid reason for not allowing them then maybe write out the rules yourself instead of copying and pasting. Also, no reason to not allow the few kodachi users around.
    2. It's not unlikely, and nothing is ever obvious to everyone.
    3. Then you need to clearly define what pedaling is in more depth than "over and over again." Can't exactly hold players accountable to a criteria which isn't even defined.
    4. Hai jetmenz. Just lurking as usual. When there is a thread about gladiator, cosmic forces will draw me near.
    Last edited by Deviok; 05-20-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Deviok View Post
    1. Yeah and they'll continue to only fight with a katana if every competition bans them for no reason. If there's not a valid reason for not allowing them then maybe write out the rules yourself instead of copying and pasting. Also, no reason to not allow the few kodachi users around.
    2. It's not unlikely, and nothing is ever obvious to everyone.
    3. Then you need to clearly define what pedaling is in more depth than "over and over again." Can't exactly hold players accountable to a criteria which isn't even defined.
    4. Hai jetmenz. Just lurking as usual. When there is a thread about gladiator, cosmic forces will draw me near.
    1. Now you're being unreasonable - I don't see anyone crying about kodachi's not being allowed..?
    2. It actually is rare, I don't even think any ties occured within the last 2 tournaments, even if there was, like Dave said there will obviously be a rematch.
    3. It's 2015 and we're playing GunZ. I'm pretty damn sure at least everyone in this tournament is familiar with pedaling and if he/she is not, one could ask what it is.

Stop looking at the downsides of things. Yes, it's good to be prepared for the worst, but it's not really necessary.
    Last edited by Michi; 05-21-2015 at 07:33 AM.

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    3 days until round 3, seeing that nobody even attempts to contact their opponent, a lot of people will be disqualified..

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Dq me cant workout timezones with lauren + dont think ill be able to make time i the future games, pls consider ppl who are doing their exams atm have sympathy m8 and host it in le summer vacationz

7. The following user said thank you to Taint for this useful post:

Zachary (05-23-2015)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Dq me cant workout timezones with lauren + dont think ill be able to make time i the future games, pls consider ppl who are doing their exams atm have sympathy m8 and host it in le summer vacationz
    I agree with this. We kept on having to compromise work/school related things because of the timezone differences, in the future I also think you should include players who have the same timezones to play one another, as well as hosting ones that are longer than 7 days, simply because people work and have exams/school - resulting in people not being able to play.

9. The following user said thank you to Zachary for this useful post:

Taint (05-23-2015)

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    If you are too busy because of school/exams/work, you shouldn't of signed up in the first place...
    Also not everyone has exams at the same time as we all live in different countries where the system works differently, some may have it 1/2/3/4 weeks before or after you have your exams.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    If you are too busy because of school/exams/work, you shouldn't of signed up in the first place...
    Also not everyone has exams at the same time as we all live in different countries where the system works differently, some may have it 1/2/3/4 weeks before or after you have your exams.
    Then consider placing players in similar/close timezones to other players.
    Also consider giving more than a week. Something like 2 weeks, where it will give players more time to setup a match.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Then maybe a strawpoll to check on if whether people want it now or for it to be hosted later because afaik between may and june people do have exams and dont really have a flexible schedule as some of us (hell, maybe most of us) do, i signed up for it thinking the timezones wouldnt be a problem and i would finish my games within 30 minutes or so, but seeing i was matched up with lauren it honestly didnt work out at all as we both have work and school/uni to deal with, i had to stay up till 1 am (which is 5 for her) to play a 30 minute game which i cant find time for xd
    Last edited by Taint; 05-23-2015 at 01:02 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information