Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion title:^

Suggestion description:I can understand why everybody is upset over snipers, and that is because of their damage at every range. I'm proposing an experimental change to decrease the damage at lower ranges (so you can't essentially SPB someone with a sniper and gain an unfair advantage), while increasing the damage by a small amount for how longer the bullet travels? I believe this will balance the weapon out and encourage players to change their playstyle when using a sniper.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Don't beep up gunz more, let the snipers as they are.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    As far as I know GunZ doesn't have functionality that modifies the damage a bullet does depending on how far it has to travel. I doubt such thing is easily integrated either. Besides the fact that I don't think this needs to be added, it would be a waste of development time.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

4. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Corrupt (06-21-2015)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Re-opened and moved back. Depending on support, this is actually plausible. How this would work:

At minimum range (SPB Range) snipers would do half damage or less.
    At maximum range (tbd) snipers would do their listed damage.
    Obviously with damage scaling and such, but to make up for this the sniper scope delay will be decreased to 500 ms (5-6x faster then the current)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

6. The following 6 users say thank you to 1mike1 for this useful post:

Azuki (06-22-2015), Irahnik (06-21-2015), Michi (06-21-2015), MidNight (06-23-2015), Natalie (07-21-2015), Vincent Courtney (06-22-2015)

μ

Country
    Thanks
    as much as i want snipers nerfed, i don't see why we can't just add a roomtag. they're disabled in cw for a reason; they're op as ****.

then again, this wouldn't be that bad. how far is "maximum range" ?

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Re-opened and moved back. Depending on support, this is actually plausible. How this would work:

At minimum range (SPB Range) snipers would do half damage or less.
    At maximum range (tbd) snipers would do their listed damage.
    Obviously with damage scaling and such, but to make up for this the sniper scope delay will be decreased to 500 ms (5-6x faster then the current)

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    This plus 1 bullet clips, I feel like you should have 1 chance to actually hit and do massive damage with a sniper and then have to reload to attempt another hit. (lower clips should make up for higher damage in cw)

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Giving an adequate amount of damage + delay, I support the idea.

Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    This plus 1 bullet clips, I feel like you should have 1 chance to actually hit and do massive damage with a sniper and then have to reload to attempt another hit. (lower clips should make up for higher damage in cw)
    To you it probably seems fair; the damage is such at a high level, snipers don't compare to any other weapon. But even with this being said, I personally wouldn't believe in having to reload after shooting once. It's already hard enough reloading in-battle with shotguns that have a 5-6 clip, 3 of those being able to kill you with good shots.

When fighting someone with a shotgun, they tend to get closer to you for a better shot, but after you already shooting them once and having to reload - you're dead. (unless you can run really fast to a good hiding spot while someone is charging at you) IMO The current clip is fine, and with the damage being nerfed down some it already somewhat makes the clip even more suitable (close up atleast, close up is where most people who shotgun fight snipers with SPB useless - balanced for both parties).

Thanks
    Does FGunZ have any staff in charge of balance? I've observed a few weapons, and have a few other changes I think would be necessary for those items.

I feel like nerfing the damage AND the clips would straight up dunk the sniper into a bad spot - nobody would use it because it would simply be too weak.

I think lowering the damage by a percentage amount based on the range of its target would suffice.

Obviously we'd need to playtest the changes for a week, to see what kind of impact it has on the complaints for this weapon

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Giving an adequate amount of damage + delay, I support the idea.

To you it probably seems fair; the damage is such at a high level, snipers don't compare to any other weapon. But even with this being said, I personally wouldn't believe in having to reload after shooting once. It's already hard enough reloading in-battle with shotguns that have a 5-6 clip, 3 of those being able to kill you with good shots.

When fighting someone with a shotgun, they tend to get closer to you for a better shot, but after you already shooting them once and having to reload - you're dead. (unless you can run really fast to a good hiding spot while someone is charging at you) IMO The current clip is fine, and with the damage being nerfed down some it already somewhat makes the clip even more suitable (close up atleast, close up is where most people who shotgun fight snipers with SPB useless - balanced for both parties).
    Most of the time you only need 1 hit (headshot to kill) having more then 1 bullet in your clip would give you another chance to do a 1 hit kill. (this is just seen from shotguns perspective, which are the ppl QQ-ing about the snipers). Also you could use 2 snipers so you got 2 shots to kill someone (instantly) or even use a rifle to finish the job. (do mind you got 2 weapons not 1).

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Most of the time you only need 1 hit (headshot to kill) having more then 1 bullet in your clip would give you another chance to do a 1 hit kill. (this is just seen from shotguns perspective, which are the ppl QQ-ing about the snipers). Also you could use 2 snipers so you got 2 shots to kill someone (instantly) or even use a rifle to finish the job. (do mind you got 2 weapons not 1).
    Indeed I am not disagreeing with you about the QQ-ing about the snipers.
    But you have to pay mind what he's doing here. He's making SPBs useless with sniper, (which afaik is the actual issue I don't really see that many headshots unless you hardscope) adding on from making them useless, he's lowering the damage closer up. Closer up, lower damage.

1 clip (your suggestion) v a shotgunner, means death for sniper even with rifles cause the clip is even low on those.
    Even before the whole nerf the clip wasn't really the issue being complained about by a large variety of people, it was the damage. 3/4 clip for snipers is fine to be honest. That's just my opinion.

I feel like nerfing the damage AND the clips would straight up dunk the sniper into a bad spot - nobody would use it because it would simply be too weak.

THIS.
    Last edited by Michi; 06-22-2015 at 11:29 AM.

13. The following user said thank you to Michi for this useful post:

Vincent Courtney (06-22-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information