Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunZ

Suggestion title: Camera and FOV editor.

Suggestion description:
    Adding a option in 1337 that let us edit the distance of the camera and edit the FOV of the camera.
    This would be really cool, My screen is 1900x and my GunZ character is literally against my screen it's huge and annoying for aiming.
    I'd would be really cool if we could put a distance between it.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    So you want to change its third person function in a way (it got suggested before and denied)?
    Honestly I think they should not change the camera at all, you can already zoom a bit out as admin rank and it can be somewhat of an unfair advantage cause you could hide on more spots and look around the corner which you normally could not.

3. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Rain (06-25-2015)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    So you want to change its third person function in a way (it got suggested before and denied)?
    Honestly I think they should not change the camera at all, you can already zoom a bit out as admin rank and it can be somewhat of an unfair advantage cause you could hide on more spots and look around the corner which you normally could not.
    I did not know it was suggested already.
    You can always limit it to a certain point that it can't go further and be used to a advantage point.

This is 1240x720 Box
    Spoiler!

You can clearly see my shoe's, This is the perfect distance to play on.

Now here is 1920x1080 WideScreen / Forced or any other screen resolution for people that have a screen that's big.
    Spoiler!

You clearly see it gets cut off from my GunZ characters knees here. Thus it's more up-close to the character.

Before you state i was looking a bit down on the 1240x720 here is me looking down on the 1920 till i can see my shoe's.
    Spoiler!

Maybe it's not the best idea to make a Camera Distance or Fov Changer but maybe a "Widescreen or Letterbox" option. This could help with the camera distance duo to the fact that the 1240 screenshot was made on Letterbox.

I'm just saying, It's really annoying that it's up-close this way. Who knows though.

5. The following user said thank you to Rain for this useful post:

rise (06-25-2015)

Country
    Thanks
    do you even play gunz? why not add basic things?

7. The following 2 users say thank you to Grudge for this useful post:

Rain (06-25-2015), rise (06-25-2015)

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Use a smaller screen resolution??? Or just a smaller screen overall?

P.S. (wide screen sucks on old games :p)

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    It's possible to add a camera distance option without it breaking the game, you just have to limit it. Or I could do an algorithm in the camera functions to autoadjust it.

Fgunz legend

Thanks
    Yes fgunz has no fov options.
    it can be added even by a command if we type : /fov 400
    it's camera distance will be zoomed out a lil bit.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by RainSama View Post
    I did not know it was suggested already.
    You can always limit it to a certain point that it can't go further and be used to a advantage point.

This is 1240x720 Box

You can clearly see my shoe's, This is the perfect distance to play on.

Now here is 1920x1080 WideScreen / Forced or any other screen resolution for people that have a screen that's big.

You clearly see it gets cut off from my GunZ characters knees here. Thus it's more up-close to the character.

Before you state i was looking a bit down on the 1240x720 here is me looking down on the 1920 till i can see my shoe's.

Maybe it's not the best idea to make a Camera Distance or Fov Changer but maybe a "Widescreen or Letterbox" option. This could help with the camera distance duo to the fact that the 1240 screenshot was made on Letterbox.

I'm just saying, It's really annoying that it's up-close this way. Who knows though.
    Just realised the current zoom out only works in spectate mode (when dead), it used to work if you spawned again but it resets now.
    Guess there is just a simple issue with the camera after certain resolutions which could be fixed I guess.

12. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Rain (06-26-2015)

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Just realised the current zoom out only works in spectate mode (when dead), it used to work if you spawned again but it resets now.
    Guess there is just a simple issue with the camera after certain resolutions which could be fixed I guess.
    Already fixed it with a gameoption, but since alot of people don't want that b/c it can be abused, I fixed it again via a function that gets called in a few places. It autoadjusts your camera to be the correct distance based on your resolution.
    Last edited by Jetman; 06-26-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Already fixed it with a gameoption, but since alot of people don't want that b/c it can be abused, I fixed it again via a function that gets called in a few places. It autoadjusts your camera to be the correct distance based on your resolution.
    I Suggest to make a "Little box to tick it on" cause maybe some people do like the character close up, Always give the players a option in things that change there gameplay drastically cause Even a slightly different sensitivity can **** a player up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information